Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Hughes back in business

Now there''s some good news.

It was at Yeovil back in August I first saw Stephen Hughes. He came on after after 52 minutes and transformed an even 0-0 to a 4-0 win that could have been 8! He really has been the key to our performances this season and I have been keeping an eye on the stats related to his performances for us. When Hughes hasn''t been on the pitch we have scored 6 and conceded 19. When he has been present we have scored 14 and conceded 2. The only concern I have is whether he could be injury prone or unable to play the games in a demanding league like Safri struggled to do.

I wish Hughes had been ours last season, things could have been so different. Yes, I know, if wishes were horses beggars would ride.......

I honestly believe you''re right that we may have made a decent fist of it last year had we had Hughes in our midfield. Very very glad to see him back.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Yes, it was Gunn who had the good sense to get rid of Fozzy and it was Gunn who brought in Hughes.[/quote]You''re like a broken record Melissa, get over it.

Gunn is gone.

He took us down and should have gone at that time.

We stupidly got rid of better managers on the way down.

But Gunn is a legend and should be allowed to be "gone in peace".

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes, I know, if wishes were horses beggars would ride.......

[/quote]Are the beggars French ?  And Hungry ?They might not ride, they might eat !