Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Is there any chance of you picking Almeria? if not then i will change my pick...... (my reserve pick is Madrid to win again....)[/quote]Hey.[:O][:O][:O]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Is there any chance of you picking Almeria? if not then i will change my pick...... (my reserve pick is Madrid to win again....)[/quote]What difference does it make whether it''s picked or not?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Is there any chance of you picking Almeria? if not then i will change my pick...... (my reserve pick is Madrid to win again....)[/quote]What difference does it make whether it''s picked or not?[/quote]then i might get on the table.... and if it doesn''t get picked there is no point me making the selection... and anyway why do people ignore teams like Almeria that arn''t going to be at such low odds to win, but are just as likely to win anyway, every game of football is 50/50....(well...)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Is there any chance of you picking Almeria? if not then i will change my pick...... (my reserve pick is Madrid to win again....)[/quote]

I''m afraid you just haven''t grasped the concept of this scheme. It has been explained often enough.

(1)  You offer your tip, nap or whatever.

(2)  The picker then decides to use it or not, his/her discretion.

(3)   Your pick, whether used or not, is then added to your other previous ones and then if you have 50% or more correct you appear in table.

(4)  You do NOT have to canvas the picker to select your selection with countless annoying posts ! [:@]

YES i have grasped it, but i think i got 1 at most picked last year, and have had one this year, even when i don''t do Almeria it desn''t get picked, dont you dare try telling me what i do and don''t know, and if my posts are annoying DONT READ THEM dont start being forum police and annoying me...do you have a brain?

This week I am venturing back to Germany - Hoffenheim Vs Hertha Berlin Home Win

Hertha are at the foot of the table losing their last 4 games and only have 3 points, whereas Hoffenheim are in 4th place and have looked solid so far.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]YES i have grasped it, but i think i got 1 at most picked last year, and have had one this year, even when i don''t do Almeria it desn''t get picked, dont you dare try telling me what i do and don''t know, and if my posts are annoying DONT READ THEM dont start being forum police and annoying me...do you have a brain?
[/quote]

Enough is enough, this once great little feature is being dragged down to the level of the rest of the Forum.

Nutty count me out from now on, I have lost the will to continue contributing in this environment

Now that  is just silly, just because i wanted to change my mind, when i had said in my first post i hadn''t definatly chosen them anyway, you just post something, thinking your incharge, and now fuss about it, maybe you should think about how you posts may have made me feel? its not just about you, i was asking a question to NN, not you, you didn''t even have to bother answering, now i''m going to get the blame, for asking an innocent question.

I will also say sorry, and hope you do not leave this thread, and if you cannot expet my appology, then i will leave, and let you carry on.....

Right, what was that about? you know nothing about me, and i am not ''smelly'', ''dyslexic'' or ''angry'' and people do like me, possibley even MIA and WAY the two people on the forum i know/have met on the forum......your the kind of poster that ruins the forum, what under 50 posts and go and abuse people you don''t even know? its stupid...

Lets all take a step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath, and move this thread on again shall we as though nothing has happened?My nap this week is for Peterhead to beat Dumbarton. Good luck pups [:D][:D]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="Brendan"][quote]

sorry FoneJacker, i would have chosen a different game but i didn''t  realise it had been said twice above me!

[/quote]

[:P] Two people obviously saw that my pick was so great, that they had to choose it too! [;)]

[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble Brendan, but I never make my pick on the basis of other peoples selections [;)]

[/quote]

brendan your in it to get 100% record and not to try and win more money for the academy!

[quote user="Fonejacker"]Thankyou so much for all the selections so far, you''ve given me a lot to think about. I''m off to work soon, but will be back around 9pm to post the final selections. If you''re still to submit your pick, then will be checking back during the day.
[/quote]

when 1 in 2 people have chosen liverpool?*

*not counted but looking on average!

[quote user="Fonejacker"]Thankyou so much for all the selections so far, you''ve given me a lot to think about. I''m off to work soon, but will be back around 9pm to post the final selections. If you''re still to submit your pick, then will be checking back during the day.
[/quote]

when 1 in 2 people have chosen liverpool?*

*not counted but looking on average!

Banana, if Ray were here he might have said something better than this -  "You''re a lovely young old boy, Banana, the sweetest smelling fruit in the fruit shop, the pick of the bunch - but the unwritten rule of the free bet is that we don''t pick at other peoples'' picks.".  So - with respect for the picks of others in mind, can we just leave the criticism out of this thread please ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Banana, if Ray were here he might have said something better than this -  "You''re a lovely young old boy, Banana, the sweetest smelling fruit in the fruit shop, the pick of the bunch - but the unwritten rule of the free bet is that we don''t pick at other peoples'' picks.".  So - with respect for the picks of others in mind, can we just leave the criticism out of this thread please ?[/quote][Y]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Banana, if Ray were here he might have said something better than this -  "You''re a lovely young old boy, Banana, the sweetest smelling fruit in the fruit shop, the pick of the bunch - but the unwritten rule of the free bet is that we don''t pick at other peoples'' picks.".  So - with respect for the picks of others in mind, can we just leave the criticism out of this thread please ?
[/quote]

sorry, it wasn''t meant to be dis respect full, im just saying most people have chosen liverpool.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

sorry, it wasn''t meant to be dis respect full, im just saying most people have chosen liverpool.

[/quote]

And there are a few that have chosen Spurs v Burnley as you have, so your point is ?

It''s good for the weeks picker to have a couple of popular ones to help in their choice.

I find it sad that there are a few posters creeping on this thread that don''t seem to understand what Ray & NN started.

This thread is not about getting your nap picked, & it''s not about getting on the table. It''s about fellow posters joining together, having a bit of fun & raising some money for the academy.

If you want insults & bickering there are plenty of other threads to go on, so please do so.

p.s. Please reconsider Gentleman Jim & come back & join us. Don''t let the bu****s get you down [:)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Banana, if Ray were here he might have said something better than this -  "You''re a lovely young old boy, Banana, the sweetest smelling fruit in the fruit shop, the pick of the bunch - but the unwritten rule of the free bet is that we don''t pick at other peoples'' picks.".  So - with respect for the picks of others in mind, can we just leave the criticism out of this thread please ?[/quote]

[/quote]It was the comment towards Brendan that I was referring to.  Shall we leave it there, please ?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]YES i have grasped it, but i think i got 1 at most picked last year, and have had one this year, even when i don''t do Almeria it desn''t get picked, dont you dare try telling me what i do and don''t know, and if my posts are annoying DONT READ THEM dont start being forum police and annoying me...do you have a brain?
[/quote]

In the politest way yes Gentleman Jim is the "police" of this thread. He was appointed by Ray himself and has always acted in the best interests of the PUPS as a whole.

It is an unwritten law of this thread that no one argues,blames or questions what pickers or the weeks selector does/picks.

That is why so many have joined and enjoy our weekly task of "beating " Billy (though I know he likes us to beat him!)

Jim do not let someone who has yet to understand what this is about upset you, one of the foremost of the PUPS.

Let the friendliness that was the essence of Ray himself prevail.[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]YES i have grasped it, but i think i got 1 at most picked last year, and have had one this year, even when i don''t do Almeria it desn''t get picked, dont you dare try telling me what i do and don''t know, and if my posts are annoying DONT READ THEM dont start being forum police and annoying me...do you have a brain?[/quote]

In the politest way yes Gentleman Jim is the "police" of this thread. He was appointed by Ray himself and has always acted in the best interests of the PUPS as a whole.

It is an unwritten law of this thread that no one argues,blames or questions what pickers or the weeks selector does/picks.

That is why so many have joined and enjoy our weekly task of "beating " Billy (though I know he likes us to beat him!)

Jim do not let someone who has yet to understand what this is about upset you, one of the foremost of the PUPS.

[/quote]I have said Sorry, i did not know he was the ''police'' of this thread, and i do know what it is about, but tbh, when your life is pretty boring and annoying, something like this that can be quite enjoyable, i would quite like to be involved in, and when i make my pick that is complteley ignored (and like i said it wasn''t even a confirmed pick this week, i said that it wasn''t my final pick, as i wanted to wait to see there result vs Atletico on wednesday), i have said sorry and i can''t do any more than that, i don''t plan on starting arguements or insulting others, i think the one you should really be telling is the one who just abused me, for no reason what so ever....

[quote user="Yellow Fever"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

And there are a few that have chosen Spurs v Burnley as you have, so your point is ?

It''s good for the weeks picker to have a couple of popular ones to help in their choice.

I find it sad that there are a few posters creeping on this thread that don''t seem to understand what Ray & NN started.

This thread is not about getting your nap picked, & it''s not about getting on the table. It''s about fellow posters joining together, having a bit of fun & raising some money for the academy.

If you want insults & bickering there are plenty of other threads to go on, so please do so.

p.s. Please reconsider Gentleman Jim & come back & join us. Don''t let the bu****s get you down [:)]

[/quote]

I second that - as a new PUP this season, its great to come on this thread and be able to do what we''re all here to do without lowering the thread into nastiness and bickering.

Long may all PUPs - new and old - be able to contribute to this brilliant thread!! [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]YES i have grasped it, but i think i got 1 at most picked last year, and have had one this year, even when i don''t do Almeria it desn''t get picked, dont you dare try telling me what i do and don''t know, and if my posts are annoying DONT READ THEM dont start being forum police and annoying me...do you have a brain?[/quote]

[/quote]I have said Sorry, i did not know he was the ''police'' of this thread, and i do know what it is about, but tbh, when your life is pretty boring and annoying, something like this that can be quite enjoyable, i would quite like to be involved in, and when i make my pick that is complteley ignored (and like i said it wasn''t even a confirmed pick this week, i said that it wasn''t my final pick, as i wanted to wait to see there result vs Atletico on wednesday), i have said sorry and i can''t do any more than that, i don''t plan on starting arguements or insulting others, i think the one you should really be telling is the one who just abused me, for no reason what so ever....[/quote]Why didn''t you wait until after Wednesday, and then make your pick then?  Many people on here have their picks considered, and then not chosen.  It doesn''t mean you are getting ignored, and all of your picks go towards the table which Nutty puts up every week.Arrdee would not have been impressed with this outburst, and it is against the whole spirit of the system, which both Banana and that ''lovely old boy'' Culverhouse is a Psycho have also slowly brought down.Let''s all get back to what this thread is about, supporting the academy, and continuing Arrdee''s legacy.