Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week eight of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Fonejacker in charge and making the final selections. Fonejacker joined us midway through last season and went on an amazing run with 7 consecutive winning naps before finishing the season with 17/20, a strike rate of 85%, and third place in our final table. Now this season he has picked correctly in each of the first seven weeks and has shown us all his intent to go two better and be top PUP. So ''jack comes into his week in cracking form and I have been looking forward to this for a long time.

All us PUPs are in good form too. 85% of us got our naps right last week and the quality of the selections this season has been phenomenal. I can remember a time where we didn''t even give enough correct selections to give the weeks picker a winning line.

This is the last weekend of September already! But we''re on course for another record breaking season with £111 already in the kitty. I''d better nip in and see Billy tomorrow and tell him how lucky I think we''ve been and how I doubt it will last![;)]

Here''s the rota for the PUPs making the final selections in October. Please confirm to me that the dates are ok, I can easily facilitate a change if the date is unsuitable.

October 3rd   - The Butler

October 10th - LeedsCanary

October 17th - Norfolkbroadslim

October 24th - Sparkos

October 31st - Yellow Fever

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Fonejacker now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Simon... the free bet is yours.........[:)]..........

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, yes Norfolkchance1 £719 for the Academy,so far.

Thanks Nutty, I consider it an absolute honour and a pleasure to be bestowed with the responsibility of making the final picks this week. My only hope is that I can do us all justice, and get some more cash in the pot for FONCY. I''ve certainly got a hard act to follow, what with Shaun and Wazz winning in style just recently.  I need as many picks as possible please guys - I will be making the final selections late Friday night if that is OK with Nutty?I normally stick to home games for obvious reasons, but that''s not to say I will discount any away picks - if it looks good, then it''s got a good chance. Looking at the fixture list, it seems to be a HARD HARD week, not a lot that really stands out, but how hard can it be? I will be back soon with my own pick, but for now it''s over to you.

Ray, this one''s for you.

There seems to be only one for me this weekend, and it''s a pretty obvious one:REAL MADRID to beat TenerifeGood luck fonejacker!

Very tempting this week to plump for Real Madrid in their match against Tenerife, but it''s been picked already, so I''m going to go for.....Charlton Athletic vs Exeter City - home winCharlton have started well at home this season (and not ''arf bad away), winning three and drawing once. I think they''ll also want to kick on after drawing the last two games. Newly promoted Exeter City certainly haven''t embarrassed themselves in this league, but Deon Burton and co. should have to much for them this time.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]There seems to be only one for me this weekend, and it''s a pretty obvious one:

REAL MADRID to beat Tenerife

Good luck fonejacker!
[/quote]

Beat me to it!

I''m goin the same though

Royal Madrid v Tenerife  -  Home win

there are some good un''s in the Fa cup early rounds if anyone wants to take a gamble but we all know what can happen in that cup :)

I have searched all the leagues for a gem this week and my head keeps telling me to go for the Real Madrid game. So sorry to be boring, but it has to be Real Madrid to beat Tenerife. Real have scored 11 goals in 3 wins, where Tenerife have only scored 2 in 1 win, which was at home. Tenerife are yet to score away from home, and even lost 4-0 to mallorca last time out.

Real Madrid V Tenerife - Home win.

I think i might have to force you to Pick Almeria this week, there at home to Racing Santander... but i want to keep my final decision for tomorow, as they are playing Athletico tonite....

But for now my Pick is ALMERIA (go on pick em, they will win.... i promise.....) home win vs Racing Santander

Malaga vs BARCELONA - Away Win

Barca dont look like losing, and Malaga have only picked up 1 win from 3 games, its in the bag!

Good luck Fonejacker!

I am taking a dip into the Finish league this week:

KuPS Kuopio vs FC HONKA - Away win..

KuPs are bottom of the league with 13 points from 20 games, losing 6 at home, winning just one. On the other hand there opponents FC Honka are sitting in a handsome 3rd position with 33 points (5 off top spot). They have lost just once away and have won 4.

Honka GD - Plus 20 (best in the league)

KuPs GD - Minus 27 (Worst in the league by a country mile)

I know you don''t like away ties, but for me this looks like a banker.

Thanks again Nutty,

Good Luck Fonejacker...

Ray, this record winning month is just for you, you lovely ole boy.

Right, very random one this week. An old friend of mine from Uni plays for Pegasus FC in hereford, his facebook status says hes looking forward to their big cup game this weekend. On further inspection they play AFC Telford this weekend in the FA cup and im guessing they dont stand a chance. I wasnt expecting to be able to find a price but according to Oddschecker Skybet have a price for it (1/6).To recap thats AFC Telford to beat Pegasus in the second round of qualifying for the FA cup.

As always I''m in the BSP, usually I have a decision between choosing Oxford to win or Gateshead to lose, so this weeks it''s especially easy!!Gateshead v Oxford Utd - AWAY win

I''m off to Wales and going for a home win for Rhyl v. Porthmadog.

Rhyl have won their 3 home fixtures and are at the top. Porthmadog have drawn 1 and lost 1 away and are at the bottom.

Good Luck, Fonejacker!

I''ll have a go at the Bundesliga this week.

Cologne v BAYER LEVERKUSEN.............AWAY WIN

Cologne have not won at home and Leverkusen have not lost away.Hope that form continues!!

Good Luck Fonejacker and all you lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

I was tempted by two this week.  I came very close to picking Liverpool to beat Hull, which I still think is a home banker.

I have decided to visit Ukraine -

Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Obolon Kiev - Shaktar to win.

Shaktar are second in the league and really strong at home, P3 W3 D0 L0 F10 A2.  Obolon are not great away from home P3 W1 D0 L2 F2 A9.  Obolon''s away victory was a 1-0 win against the team who are second bottom of the league.

For me this a home banker, Shaktar should be far too strong at home for Obolon.

Good luck Fonejacker and best of luck to all Pup''s[:)][Y]

All the best Fonejacker and good evening Nutty.Charlton to beat Exeter at home to hopefully make it eight on the bounce for me.

Good luck Fonejacker, should be a good week with such a consistent picker at the helm.

I suggest popping over the water to Holland this weekend where PSV are bang in form and at home to struggling Willem II, can''t see this going anyway other than down as a home banker.

Butlers pantry this week has the tasty dish of an away win for chelsea at Wigan

Good luck pups specialy phonejacker lets keep that run going.

Evening all,

Was very tempted by the visit of the Toon Army to Portaloo road, but instead im going for Tottenham vs Burnley - Home Win.

Good Luck Fonejacker, and all Pups [Y]

I think I''ll have to go with Liverpool v Hull - Home Win.

That''s got to be a cert, hasn''t it ?

Good Luck Mr Fonejacker.

p.s. October 31st is fine for me NN, let''s hope I don''t put on a horrow show !

With Spurs scoring five away last night I feel they are over their blip against the top two and should return to their earlier season goal spree.

They face a Burnley team this week who are good at home but pointless and goalless away, and whilst  the leaky Spurs defence may not keep a clean sheet I expect their exciting forward line to compensate and swamp the Burnley goal.

TOTTENHAM v Burnley  =  HOME WIN

Good luck Fonejacker, I am sure you can convert your impressive weekly picking into a big six match success for us PUPs ! [:D]

My nap this week is Bournemouth to beat Burton Albion, the cherries are top of league 2 and playing well winning 7 out of their first 8 games.

Good Luck Fonejacker and all pickers!

Well Real Madrid seems a popular pick, and i would have therefore gone with them to make it a hatrick of wins with them in a row, but im going to choose **(looking on bbc sport fixtures)**

Tottenham are Playing Burnley at home this week! - just to let you know [:D]

So my ''NAP'' is Tottenham to BEAT burnley !

Home win!!