Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Cody or Daley

After seeing the last 3 games i would much rather see cody play then daley. I know dayle is quick but so is cody and he is much better at closing down the defence. who would you rather have up front with holt or on the wing in a forward 3 codyy or daley

Cody gets my vote, he has a bit more steel about him. Daley doesn''t hound and hassle players. Cody amy have a better cross, but I dont know on this.

Daley has been playing as a wide midfielder, Cody as striker (from the bench) - it''s not really a fair comparison. I wouldn''t like to say how Cody would look in that RM position.

I do think Daley is improving, but Cody would be my preferred partner for Holt in a front 2 or 3.

[quote user="NCFC1"]After seeing the last 3 games i would much rather see cody play then daley. I know dayle is quick but so is cody and he is much better at closing down the defence. who would you rather have up front with holt or on the wing in a forward 3 codyy or daley[/quote]

1. spelling

2. have u ever seen daley run or are you going off what you have been told??

Daley looks like he will be playing down the right to give us some pace, and MacDonald ain''t no winger.  So the question actually is Cody or Wes.  And you don''t need anyone to tell you the answer to that one.

Quite ... one is an out and out striker and the other is .... um ..... not a winger, um ..... not a wide midfield player, um .....not a striker, um ..... looks good when he has the ball but what really is his position?

Wes is what the Italian''s call a Trequartista, someone who links the midfield and attack, plays in behind the strikers and comes deep to get the ball and make things happen.

Interesting post. I would be inclined to play Daley at home and Cody away in the present 4-3-3 formation that Lambert seems to prefer. Cody would provide a fast break option in away matches, which Daley could do as well, except that Cody is more llikely to score in that role. Certainly Cody should have more than 5 minutes in a match!