Sign in to follow this  
paul ncfc

Doherty..anyone heard anything?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Scapegoating, as usual. He has been better than many we have endured in recent seasons.

Whilst not the best, Doherty was a good servant  (expression, not to be taken too literally) to NCFC.

I fail to see how any player can win a club''s Player of the Season award and be as bad as some posters

above suggest.

OK, I am pleased with his imminent departure (maybe Cureton and Russel and even Drury can follow)

because I feel we need a complete clear-out of all the participants in our demise, but I wish him the best.

[/quote]I think you''re taking the club award of player of the season a bit too literally..............................Lee Croft and Gary Doherty...........how we''ll suffer without them,,,,oh no!

[/quote]

I think you''re underestimating it.

The reason they''ve won those awards is because a lot of the fans know that:

1. They''ve played well for Norwich

2. They''ve worked hard for Norwich

As I''ve said before....it''s not the likes of Croft and Doherty that have got us into this mess. It''s the weaker players/the players who don''t pull their weight.

People have a bizarre vendetta against Doherty in particular but playing as many games for Spurs and Norwich as he has under various managers will show most sensible people that he''s much better than a lot of the clueless idiots give him credit for.

[/quote]Playing all of those games at the end of the day mean nothing.  I don''t deny that at times he has been a good player, and a loyal servant, but he has been found wanting on so many occasions that enough was enough.  He is a liability, and anyone who doesn''t realise that is more clueless than a lot of the idiots on here.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Well you wouldn''t, as you''re the person who thinks whatever league you''re in guarantees the quality and application of players. It was you who suggested that Croft playing in a higher league and club shows us his pedigree - seemed as if you thought that was pretty black and white at the time you wrote it.
[/quote]

Er, hang on, I never actually said that at all...

Ah well, you just believe whatever you want to believe in your own little world. There''s a good chap.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Scapegoating, as usual. He has been better than many we have endured in recent seasons.

Whilst not the best, Doherty was a good servant  (expression, not to be taken too literally) to NCFC.

I fail to see how any player can win a club''s Player of the Season award and be as bad as some posters

above suggest.

OK, I am pleased with his imminent departure (maybe Cureton and Russel and even Drury can follow)

because I feel we need a complete clear-out of all the participants in our demise, but I wish him the best.

[/quote]

I think you''re taking the club award of player of the season a bit too literally..............................Lee Croft and Gary Doherty...........how we''ll suffer without them,,,,oh no!

[/quote]

As I''ve said before....it''s not the likes of Croft and Doherty that have got us into this mess. It''s the weaker players/the players who don''t pull their weight.

People have a bizarre vendetta against Doherty in particular but playing as many games for Spurs and Norwich as he has under various managers will show most sensible people that he''s much better than a lot of the clueless idiots give him credit for.

[/quote]

Playing all of those games at the end of the day mean nothing.  I don''t deny that at times he has been a good player, and a loyal servant, but he has been found wanting on so many occasions that enough was enough.  He is a liability, and anyone who doesn''t realise that is more clueless than a lot of the idiots on here.
[/quote]

Well yes it does. I don''t know the exact figures but I''d guess he must have played 300 games or so. Do you think you do that if you''re not a good player???

All defenders make mistakes. The only difference with Doherty is that there is a section of Norwich fans who are determined to find faults with him (which they might choose not to see with other defenders) and there are a section of Norwich fans who are happy to see him make a mistake so they can get on his case. Which is really pathetic but sadly does happen.

Definitely the best defender on our books a moment, just a shame that he''s on big bucks (by our standards) because now we''re going to have to put up with Spillane for a while until Nelson recovers.

[quote user="GJP"]

I think you''ll find he plays for a bigger club than us, in a better league.

Which by pink''un logic means...he''s not good enough for us and never was.

[/quote]

If that happens, they will be in Division 3 next season while we get promoted.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

above suggest.

[/quote]I think you''re taking the club award of player of the season a bit too literally..............................Lee Croft and Gary Doherty...........how we''ll suffer without them,,,,oh no!

[/quote]

[/quote]Playing all of those games at the end of the day mean nothing.  I don''t deny that at times he has been a good player, and a loyal servant, but he has been found wanting on so many occasions that enough was enough.  He is a liability, and anyone who doesn''t realise that is more clueless than a lot of the idiots on here.[/quote]

Well yes it does. I don''t know the exact figures but I''d guess he must have played 300 games or so. Do you think you do that if you''re not a good player???

All defenders make mistakes. The only difference with Doherty is that there is a section of Norwich fans who are determined to find faults with him (which they might choose not to see with other defenders) and there are a section of Norwich fans who are happy to see him make a mistake so they can get on his case. Which is really pathetic but sadly does happen.

Definitely the best defender on our books a moment, just a shame that he''s on big bucks (by our standards) because now we''re going to have to put up with Spillane for a while until Nelson recovers.

[/quote]No, but I think he played the amount of games for us because we didn''t find/refused to find someone better.  I''m sorry but yes defenders do make mistakes, but Doherty''s are usually absolute clangers.  I don''t honestly think the majority of fans want him to fail, but you can not deny that he has cost us at vital times.  I am personally not determined to find faults in him, he serves them up pretty much every game.In my opinion he should not have been in the team over the past few seasons, and we should have got rid a lot sooner, seeing as he wasn''t originally signed as a CB, wasn''t the last one we signed before Nelson, Mackay?  We have relied on someone to do a job which he, in my opinion isn''t good enough to do.  The attitude from some of the fans has absolutely flabbergasted me at points, I remember one game, Doherty had made yet another calamitous error, and I had a little moan, and some idiot behind spoke to me and said ''What the Doc do wrong then?''  It wasn''t you was it?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

above suggest.

[/quote]

I think you''re taking the club award of player of the season a bit too literally..............................Lee Croft and Gary Doherty...........how we''ll suffer without them,,,,oh no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Playing all of those games at the end of the day mean nothing.  I don''t deny that at times he has been a good player, and a loyal servant, but he has been found wanting on so many occasions that enough was enough.  He is a liability, and anyone who doesn''t realise that is more clueless than a lot of the idiots on here.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, but I think he played the amount of games for us because we didn''t find/refused to find someone better.  I''m sorry but yes defenders do make mistakes, but Doherty''s are usually absolute clangers.  I don''t honestly think the majority of fans want him to fail, but you can not deny that he has cost us at vital times.  I am personally not determined to find faults in him, he serves them up pretty much every game.

In my opinion he should not have been in the team over the past few seasons, and we should have got rid a lot sooner, seeing as he wasn''t originally signed as a CB, wasn''t the last one we signed before Nelson, Mackay?  We have relied on someone to do a job which he, in my opinion isn''t good enough to do.  The attitude from some of the fans has absolutely flabbergasted me at points, I remember one game, Doherty had made yet another calamitous error, and I had a little moan, and some idiot behind spoke to me and said ''What the Doc do wrong then?''  It wasn''t you was it?
[/quote]

I wasn''t a fan of the guy when we first signed him and I don''t think he started well this season either (not just the Col U game).

But over the last few seasons we''ve seen various people have a go at the centreback and the only ones who came in and looked the part were Tiny Taylor and Shackell when he was back on loan.

Otherwise the likes of Kennedy and Stefanovic (although not bad players) didn''t make us any better defensively and both looked prone to error and costly mistakes. Then you could look at Alex Pearce, he did ok ish but he wasn''t quite ready for it and he lost a lot in the air.

I''d be pleased if we signed someone better than Doherty. That goes for every other position. Whatever improves us can only be a good thing. Just that at the moment we haven''t got a better defender and we haven''t had a better one in recent times.

He just wouldn''t have played the number of games he has in professional football at the level he has if he didn''t have something to offer. If he was as much a liability and problem as people like to make out then he wouldn''t have got this far.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That''s enough please GJP. You''re being too sensible there.

Also someone please tell me what division we are playing in, and what division Lee Croft is playing in.
[/quote]

Oh, and by this great posts logic you must think Grant Holt is utter rubbish as he came from league 2.

[/quote]

And what league is D''OHerty playing in now? NONE!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]theres a vacancy at the local donkey sanctuary
[/quote]

Good job he didn''t go there then isn''t it, man of the match tonight and well deserved!