Sign in to follow this  
paul ncfc

Doherty..anyone heard anything?

As he is not involved with the reserves who play tonight , he most probably is on his way, but it all seems very quiet, so was wondering if anyone had heard anything?

No-one wanted him last time he tried to leave (when he was out of contract), now he''s another year or two older it will be interesting to see if he can find another club.

Said on the radio this morning that he has been left out of the reserve team for tonights match, this may indicate that he is about to leave on loan somewhere.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Pity. A sad ending for a good servant to NCFC.[/quote]Servant? so he did it for a minimal fee and live in accomodation?? He was an employee - who worked for a wage. It''s not sad - he''s pure rubbish at football, defending in particular.

Would it not be a good idea to just terminate his contract?

As I understand he is free to look for another club, but while he is doing that the club are still paying his wages, we can''t sell him untill January, and by then whos going to want him.

Free up his wages and get some pace back into the team !

[quote user="yorkcanary"]

As I understand he is free to look for another club, but while he is doing that the club are still paying his wages, we can''t sell him untill January, and by then whos going to want him.

[/quote]The problem is he would have to agree to this, and with no club wanting him, that''s not going to happen. I also believe that registrations can not be traded during the transfer closed-window, so even if we released him today, he couldn''t sign for anyone until 1st January 2010. He can however be loaned as we would still hold his registration.

How do we know that nobody is interested in signing Doherty?

How do we know that he had no other offers  last year?

Is it not possible that we were his first choice out of the options he had?

If there were no other offers why did we offer him such a good contract?

So many questions huh[:^)]

He could take a leaf out of Simon Lappins book. Roeder treated him the same but you all love him again now[U]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Pity. A sad ending for a good servant to NCFC.[/quote]

Should have happened after Worthless left![:|]

[/quote]

Tell me one good thing that''s happened since "Worthless" left[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Pity. A sad ending for a good servant to NCFC.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We appointed Lambert and Culverhouse - admittedly rather late in the day, though.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]theres a vacancy at the local donkey sanctuary
[/quote]

thats my job, pal already got the start date

[quote user="Pablo Pickarsole"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We appointed Lambert and Culverhouse - admittedly rather late in the day, though.

[/quote]

We won the Ashes? Errr.....

13 match unbeaten run under Roeder, that was pretty good while it lasted wasn''t it? [*-)]

You''re right, it''s been dreadful. It''s no wonder so many people on this board are verging on psychotic if they''ve been going week in, week out for the last four years.

Scapegoating, as usual. He has been better than many we have endured in recent seasons.

Whilst not the best, Doherty was a good servant  (expression, not to be taken too literally) to NCFC.

I fail to see how any player can win a club''s Player of the Season award and be as bad as some posters

above suggest.

OK, I am pleased with his imminent departure (maybe Cureton and Russel and even Drury can follow)

because I feel we need a complete clear-out of all the participants in our demise, but I wish him the best.

[quote user="baldyboy"]notts county need a new centre half apparently!! lol![/quote]

We don''t have a new one, but we''ve got an old, used one. Bargain basement prices, too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gunn is no longer manager of NCFC.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Scapegoating, as usual. He has been better than many we have endured in recent seasons.

Whilst not the best, Doherty was a good servant  (expression, not to be taken too literally) to NCFC.

I fail to see how any player can win a club''s Player of the Season award and be as bad as some posters

above suggest.

OK, I am pleased with his imminent departure (maybe Cureton and Russel and even Drury can follow)

because I feel we need a complete clear-out of all the participants in our demise, but I wish him the best.

[/quote]I think you''re taking the club award of player of the season a bit too literally..............................Lee Croft and Gary Doherty...........how we''ll suffer without them,,,,oh no!

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

above suggest.

[/quote]

I think you''re taking the club award of player of the season a bit too literally..............................Lee Croft and Gary Doherty...........how we''ll suffer without them,,,,oh no!

[/quote]

I think you''re underestimating it.

The reason they''ve won those awards is because a lot of the fans know that:

1. They''ve played well for Norwich

2. They''ve worked hard for Norwich

As I''ve said before....it''s not the likes of Croft and Doherty that have got us into this mess. It''s the weaker players/the players who don''t pull their weight.

People have a bizarre vendetta against Doherty in particular but playing as many games for Spurs and Norwich as he has under various managers will show most sensible people that he''s much better than a lot of the clueless idiots give him credit for.

[quote user="yorkcanary"]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha, very good. You can''t just sack him, his contract would have to be paid up in full, unless he accepted a reduced fee to leave early, and I can''t see any reason why he would. Especially as it seems like Campbell he wouldn''t be able to sign for another club until January, if his contract was terminated.

I think you''ll find he plays for a bigger club than us, in a better league.

Which by pink''un logic means...he''s not good enough for us and never was.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That''s enough please GJP. You''re being too sensible there.Also someone please tell me what division we are playing in, and what division Lee Croft is playing in.[/quote]That has nothing to do with it - Croft was a headless chicken with no finishing or crossing abilities. By your logic Simon whalley would have been brilliant as we got him from a champ club.Croft rarely finishes a game for Derby, he never scores and Derby are plummeting down the league - the Derby supporters think he''s utter rubbish.Our Club player of the year more often than not is awarded on sentimentality.We are in league one Graham - Docs lack of ability in defence and Crofts lack of anything had a larger than proportional contribution to our demise.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That''s enough please GJP. You''re being too sensible there.Also someone please tell me what division we are playing in, and what division Lee Croft is playing in.[/quote]

Oh, and by this great posts logic you must think Grant Holt is utter rubbish as he came from league 2.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]That has nothing to do with it - Croft was a headless chicken with no finishing or crossing abilities. By your logic Simon whalley would have been brilliant as we got him from a champ club.[/quote]

That''s odd as I could have sworn he put in two excellent crosses for Rob Hulse the other week. Oh and as Whaley left Preston, where he wasn''t playing a lot, to join a club in a lower division, and to join another club on loan in a yet lower division, kinda suggests the opposite. I think it is pretty obvious that if a player leaves a club to play lower down, that generally indicates that he''s not good enough to play at a higher level.

And I don''t see how my logic suggests Grant Holt should be rubbish. Maybe you should realise that things aren''t quite as black and white as that (that also applies to blaming our relegation largely on two players).

And just to add, I''d say it was pretty bloody obvious that Holt was a good signing given he scored 28 times last year, and was Forest''s top scorer a few years back in League One and got their player of the season (oh sorry, I forgot that it was based on sentiment so doesn''t count).

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]That has nothing to do with it - Croft was a headless chicken with no finishing or crossing abilities. By your logic Simon whalley would have been brilliant as we got him from a champ club.[/quote]

That''s odd as I could have sworn he put in two excellent crosses for Rob Hulse the other week. Oh and as Whaley left Preston, where he wasn''t playing a lot, to join a club in a lower division, and to join another club on loan in a yet lower division, kinda suggests the opposite. I think it is pretty obvious that if a player leaves a club to play lower down, that generally indicates that he''s not good enough to play at a higher level.

And I don''t see how my logic suggests Grant Holt should be rubbish. Maybe you should realise that things aren''t quite as black and white as that (that also applies to blaming our relegation largely on two players).

[/quote]Well you wouldn''t, as you''re the person who thinks whatever league you''re in guarantees the quality and application of players. It was you who suggested that Croft playing in a higher league and club shows us his pedigree - seemed as if you thought that was pretty black and white at the time you wrote it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]do you apply that quote to Gary Doherty as well....it''s just that I''m a bit confused now, so many contradictions coming from you. So Gary played for spurs, came to us in our premiership season, was a stalwart in the middle of our worst defence and performances for years and we then end up in League one for the first time in 50 years........so Gary in league one captains us and leads us to our worst defeat at Carrow Rd. As he was our player of the season once do you think he''ll play in the Premiership, Championship, league one or two next?