Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

I just can't get exited about tonite....

I''m sitting at work, and just don''t really feel like going tonite, its probaly the first time ever i have actually thought about not going to a game, i''ve even been when i have been ill, didn''t go away to see family once or twice because there was a Norwich game, but its just got to the point, even now when we are starting to play a bit better, its just not fun......

Pull your self together!! Your team needs your support!

Get your shirt on, pennies for pie and down to the ground

COME ON YOU YELLOWS! COME ON YOU YELLOWS! COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m sitting at work, and just don''t really feel like going tonite, its probaly the first time ever i have actually thought about not going to a game, i''ve even been when i have been ill, didn''t go away to see family once or twice because there was a Norwich game, but its just got to the point, even now when we are starting to play a bit better, its just not fun......
[/quote]

I can understand where you are coming from. Being a regular for decades and ST holder still, my enthusiasm started to waiver 2-3 seasons back. I must admit it wasn''t just the state of play, i had more family commitments with grandchildren and health issues but the football was a big turn off. I''ve followed City through thick and thin and am a Proud City Boy but its almost like i go out of force of habit instead of enjoyment and that really is a shame.

Players and fans alike will say that all it takes is the smell of the pies, or the site of the crowds walking to the ground. It sturs something inside you.

Do you really want to miss a game of football that the team you support are palying in. The team that you have followed all this time, because you can''t get excited....

I wasn''t excited when we got all but relegated and played Charlton on the last day. But I am a canary, and I am yellow and green and I follow my team thourgh the highs and lows...

KICK IT OFF!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m sitting at work, and just don''t really feel like going tonite, its probaly the first time ever i have actually thought about not going to a game, i''ve even been when i have been ill, didn''t go away to see family once or twice because there was a Norwich game, but its just got to the point, even now when we are starting to play a bit better, its just not fun......
[/quote]

And if we win 5-0 you''ll kick yourself mate, go on, you might end up enjoying it.[Y]

Yeah i will still go, its just got to the point where it seems pointless really though, its probably more to do with me, and how i''m getting bored with everything, but when the season started, the first 2/3 matches (even the 7-1) where still fun, something to do that wasn''t everyday stuff, even just sitting/standing in the stands for half an hour before kick-off is enough to forget about other things, its just today, it doesn''t seem like its worth it, but then neither is going home :P(and Wiz, if we win 5-0 i''m sure i will never think like this again :P )

I understand where you are coming from. I don''t think it''s just to fact we are in League One but has a lot to do with the way the game as a whole has gone.

So much of it is about style but with very little substance behind it.

Just watching that dire Saturday Football League programme on the BBC says it all. Flashy studios, a token good-looking babe, has-been footballers passing comment on things they know sweet FA about, but where is the real excitement on the pitch?

I sometimes feel this way about a game, but as soon as I get out of the car and see people walking to the ground it all goes away.

C''mon Ginge, go for it. You know its the right thing to do.

[quote user="AndyJR"]"I''m so excited, and I just can''t hide it, we''re about to win a game and I think I like it".
[/quote]

I like this! But a slight tweak for Gingerpele.

"I''m so excited, and I just can''t hide it, we''re about to win a game, I think Ginge will like it!"

how about watching soaps wth a fat ugly man holding onto your wanger with his teeth...that would surely be worse?

If those are the options, I''m going to the game. If it was a fat ugly WOMAN, the choice would be less obvious.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I hope to God you went GP.[/quote]

Yeah i went :D it was much better.... (although we could have done without the first half, not much happend....)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah i will still go, its just got to the point where it seems pointless really though, its probably more to do with me, and how i''m getting bored with everything, but when the season started, the first 2/3 matches (even the 7-1) where still fun, something to do that wasn''t everyday stuff, even just sitting/standing in the stands for half an hour before kick-off is enough to forget about other things, its just today, it doesn''t seem like its worth it, but then neither is going home :P
(and Wiz, if we win 5-0 i''m sure i will never think like this again :P )
[/quote]

Will 4-0 suffice for you never to question whether you should go again Ginge?