Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Who is going to the Carlisle away match?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Vinyl Collector"]
If you go this route - A11 - A14 - M6 (to Carlisle), maybe a bit longer due to M6 at birmingham, depends on the traffic..

[/quote]

The toll road around Birmingham should help.

[/quote]
no speed cameras on there....

dont speed
[/quote]

A road I use alot. Trust me when I say there are many many unmarked  plod cars on that road!

[/quote]

i second that - was on it a couple of weeks ago and between norfolk and the lake district the only place i saw car stopped for speeding was the M6 toll!!

Still in two minds about this trip, thought I''d go by rail but left it late and the fares have rocketed up over last couple of weeks, my best option is the two hour drive to Norwich and taking Canary travel, but by the time I get home on Sunday morning it will be something close to a 22hour round trip...I''ll make my mind up tomorrow after the Bristol Rovers game

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I''ve been there before, I think it was 1970 the Saturday before Christmas.  It was snowing and we were on an open terrace coverd with ice, hanging on to the rails so we didn''t slip over, and we lost 3-0 - happy days!  Left at midnight on Friday, arrived in Carlisle in time for breakfast, got back about 3am Sunday hallucinating from lack of sleep.

I''d like to go again for old times sake but I''ve got a prior commitment on Sunday morning.

[/quote]

I was at that game. Mascot coaches I think.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I''ve been there before, I think it was 1970 the Saturday before Christmas.  It was snowing and we were on an open terrace coverd with ice, hanging on to the rails so we didn''t slip over, and we lost 3-0 - happy days!  Left at midnight on Friday, arrived in Carlisle in time for breakfast, got back about 3am Sunday hallucinating from lack of sleep.

I''d like to go again for old times sake but I''ve got a prior commitment on Sunday morning.

[/quote]This is embarrassingly nerdy, especially as I wasn''t there, but I suspect it was December 1971, rather than 1970. The reason I remember the game is that I think we were hit by a hat-trick from a player I for one had never heard of. But would hear a great deal of in the future.Stan "If he could pass a betting shop like he could pass a football" Bowles.

Oh, what the hell........ why not ?

Saw the lads there when we last played ''em which was in the League Cup in that glorious ''92/''93 season so it''s been a while.

Anyway another chance for a pint and a chin wag with a bloke up there who was with me in Brixton ( the place.....not the prison )

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="7rew"]I''m expecting to make the trip - train it is.[/quote]

Are you taking a Virgin (train)?

[/quote]I guess so.  Its going to be really bloody expensive - 25 quid advanced tickets or 33 quid open.  Stupid Branson the beardy git.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="7rew"]I''m expecting to make the trip - train it is.
[/quote]

Are you taking a Virgin (train)?

[/quote]

I guess so.  Its going to be really bloody expensive - 25 quid advanced tickets or 33 quid open.  Stupid Branson the beardy git.
[/quote]

And you are travelling on the cheap part of the West Coast line, i.e., north of Manchester.

Travlling on the West Coast line, especially south of Manchester is expensive due to the recent spend on infrastructure costs.

Anyway hopefully we will play well again and all going well the ball will enter Carlisle''s goal a number of times!

OTBC! 

Anyone that fancies saying hi -  I''ll be in U64, glasses, pony tail and 05 home shirt over my coat.

Has anybody else with a ticket noticed that the away "Story Homes" stand does appear on ground map on the back of the ticket???

I''m guessing its a new sponsor or something, but it has confused me and i''m not sure I can cope with something so erroneous... I think I need a lie-down in a darkened room...

If we''d kept Howie said : Has anybody else with a ticket noticed that the away "Story Homes" stand does appear on ground map on the back of the ticket??? I''m guessing its a new sponsor or something, but it has confused me and i''m not sure I can cope with something so erroneous... I think I need a lie-down in a darkened room...

Don''t worry about a lie-down just yet........It''s so far north it''ll be permanently dark there from now until spring so look for a room when you get there.

Best take a torch though as what it says on the ticket might well turn out to be a '' tall story '' ( Just as well I''ve no ambition to join the comedy circuit, hey? )  

[quote user="W-H"]

Yep, not mentioned on their website or my trusty footy grounds guide book. I''m assuming that it is the new name for the Cumberland Building Society Stand as mentioned on the NCFC site:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/GroundGuide/0,,10355~1689194,00.html

I hope so ... it says it has a roof!

[/quote]

The Story Homes stand is the new name for the former C. Building Soc. Stand. I know this because I spoke to a nice lady at Carlisle United FC weeks ago. BTW. it does have a roof on but the end block to our right is beyond the goal line! They didnt get round to moving the pitch apparently.