Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Who is going to the Carlisle away match?

If you go this route - A47 - A17 - A1 - A66 - M6 (to Carlisle), should take you around 4 & half - 5 hrs.If you go this route - A11 - A14 - M6 (to Carlisle), maybe a bit longer due to M6 at birmingham, depends on the traffic..As i drive for a living and go to Carlisle a couple of times a month, i always use the 1st route..Hope that has helped in anyway...REGARDS

My geography isn''t great, so I looked it up.  Good grief, that''s going to be an 7 hour drive, isn''t it?  Leaving about 6am, home about 3am... I think I''ll stick to Radio Snorefolk for that one.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Vinyl Collector"]If you go this route - A11 - A14 - M6 (to Carlisle), maybe a bit longer due to M6 at birmingham, depends on the traffic..[/quote]

The toll road around Birmingham should help.

[/quote]no speed cameras on there....dont speed

[quote user="Mister Chops"]My geography isn''t great, so I looked it up.  Good grief, that''s going to be an 7 hour drive, isn''t it?  Leaving about 6am, home about 3am... I think I''ll stick to Radio Snorefolk for that one.[/quote]Binner [:P]

I used to live in the Lakes and it was a 6-8 hours journey to Carra Rud, hated it. Thats why I ahd to move closer, well London...

Well it would be rude not to but its certainly going to be an over night trip.  Even from BSE I’ll be lucky to get back in four hours, Hartlepool was a gnats under three and it must be a good hour on from there. 

Over land and sea

Got my ticket already. Only trouble is i will be in with the Carlisle fans as staying with relatives and going with a carlisle season ticket holder. Regularly make the trip, roughly 290 miles A47, A17, A1, A66 and then M6. Ground holda about 12000 abd they often get gates of 5000 to 6000 with some nutters amongst them

Shd be going as my mate has recently started uni up in Dundee and we agreed to meet up for this game, should be a good one, anyone no when the tickets go on sale, and roughly how much its gonna b for ticket and Canary Travel?

[quote user="B-Block Yella"]

anyone no when the tickets go on sale, [/quote]

Tickets are already on sale from NCFC''s ticket office - £18 if I remember correctly (seems ago since I bought them).

Canary Travel - sorry can''t help as I don''t use it - there may be some info on the club website.

cheers mate i will pop round tomoro nite before the game and have a look at the prices, after just finishin college, and no real job money is short at moment, but desprete to make this and many of the away games.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]See you there![/quote]

I understand the EHS are sending a bus and there''s trouble expected between them and the WC Firm[:O]

[quote user="B-Block Yella"]

Shd be going as my mate has recently started uni up in Dundee and we agreed to meet up for this game, should be a good one, anyone no when the tickets go on sale, and roughly how much its gonna b for ticket and Canary Travel?

[/quote]Coach travel is £33 (or £32 if you''re a ST holder).Full credit to everyone who''s making the trip. You wacky people.

would love to go but moneys short atm. i like the long trips for some reason lol. going a few away days though. maybe oldham next year.

I''ve been there before, I think it was 1970 the Saturday before Christmas.  It was snowing and we were on an open terrace coverd with ice, hanging on to the rails so we didn''t slip over, and we lost 3-0 - happy days!  Left at midnight on Friday, arrived in Carlisle in time for breakfast, got back about 3am Sunday hallucinating from lack of sleep.

I''d like to go again for old times sake but I''ve got a prior commitment on Sunday morning.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="7rew"]I''m expecting to make the trip - train it is.
[/quote]

Are you taking a Virgin (train)?

[/quote]Don''t tell Wiz if you are! [+o(]

Lived just north of Carlisle when I was a kid.  Definitely going early to try and find my old house.  Not been back since I was 3 so looking forward to the early departure and 3 points from the lads.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Vinyl Collector"]
If you go this route - A11 - A14 - M6 (to Carlisle), maybe a bit longer due to M6 at birmingham, depends on the traffic..

[/quote]

The toll road around Birmingham should help.

[/quote]
no speed cameras on there....

dont speed
[/quote]

A road I use alot. Trust me when I say there are many many unmarked  plod cars on that road!