Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

As requested - Woman in the Stands

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Short, dull and uninspired.  If Curo was a blog, he''d be this one.
[/quote]

That is absolutely no way to talk about Chris Lakey!

Disgraceful.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Why did the comments on the blog get deleted? Cant people have an opinion on the pinkun anymore.
[/quote]

One of the options for the owner of the blog is not to allow comments to appear, so I guess if there were some there she has decided not to display them.

Absent Friend

The comments on this message board and WotB are a harsh lesson for The Woman in the Stands. It’s all very easy posting pink flirty messages and getting a bunch of replies but writing some decent opinionated material is a much more difficult as she (assuming the writer is a she) has found out to her cost. Trying to follow last year’s MitS was always going to be a tall order.

I know it’s a tough ask to write something decent as testified by some of the drivel that has appeared under my name in the Capital Canaries Column in the last few years.

But there’s always a winner somewhere; Archant will no doubt be pleased as this will have increased hits on their website which is what it’s all about nowadays.

I’m just curious as to whether we’ll see the next instalment or not. My money, in cricketing parlance, is firmly on a declaration at 1 not out.

Seriously... there are enough sexist old gits on this board, without this blog serving only to reinforce their otherwise idiotic beliefs.

Silly!

and I thought that there was going to be some lovely photo''s of some ladies in the stands wearing their Aviva tops!

As the Pink un is entering the lovely world of Political Correctness,  yes it is PC because that article was utter shiite and wouldnt''ve been published otherwise.  Are we therefore going to have.''Gay in the Stands''Lesbian in the Stands''''Black Man in the Stands''''Asian in the Stands''''Economic Migrant in the Stands''''Under 16 in the Stands''''Pensioner in the Stands''''Sexual Deviant in the Stands''''Prostitute in the Stands''''Rent Boy in the Stands''''White Working Class Family Man in the Stands''''Arm Chair Supporter in the Stands''etc etc

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]As the Pink un is entering the lovely world of Political Correctness,  yes it is PC because that article was utter shiite and wouldnt''ve been published otherwise.  Are we therefore going to have.

''Gay in the Stands''
Lesbian in the Stands''
''Black Man in the Stands''
''Asian in the Stands''
''Economic Migrant in the Stands''
''Under 16 in the Stands''
''Pensioner in the Stands''
''Sexual Deviant in the Stands''
''Prostitute in the Stands''
''Rent Boy in the Stands''
''White Working Class Family Man in the Stands''
''Arm Chair Supporter in the Stands''

etc etc
[/quote]

What about all sh*t that it is written by men and published then? Is that some sort of reverse political correctness? Looks to me that it was an attempt to get a different point of view across to appeal to a different demographic and thus attempt to increase traffic to the website.

It is sh*t though I''ll give you that. And as a PC-loving, Guardian reading hippy I find the pink writing incredibly sexist [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]As the Pink un is entering the lovely world of Political Correctness,  yes it is PC because that article was utter shiite and wouldnt''ve been published otherwise.  Are we therefore going to have.''Gay in the Stands''Lesbian in the Stands''''Black Man in the Stands''''Asian in the Stands''''Economic Migrant in the Stands''''Under 16 in the Stands''''Pensioner in the Stands''''Sexual Deviant in the Stands''''Prostitute in the Stands''''Rent Boy in the Stands''''White Working Class Family Man in the Stands''''Arm Chair Supporter in the Stands''etc etc[/quote]

What about all sh*t that it is written by men and published then? Is that some sort of reverse political correctness? Looks to me that it was an attempt to get a different point of view across to appeal to a different demographic and thus attempt to increase traffic to the website.

It is sh*t though I''ll give you that. And as a PC-loving, Guardian reading hippy I find the pink writing incredibly sexist [;)]

[/quote]The point I meant was, it looked to me that they only this ''woman'' to write anything because it was that bad.  Otherwise they would have used someone else.  Therefore just publishing for the sake of ''being a woman'' is PC imo.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]
The point I meant was, it looked to me that they only this ''woman'' to write anything because it was that bad.  Otherwise they would have used someone else.  Therefore just publishing for the sake of ''being a woman'' is PC imo.
[/quote]

I see your point but we don''t actually know why this woman has been asked to write anything. Pete''s thread title contains the words ''As resquested'' so presumably somebody has asked them to publish a ''Woman in the Stands'' column. If that is the case and they are merely responding to the wishes of certain members of the forum then that has everything to do with market forces and nothing to do with political correctness IMO.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]The point I meant was, it looked to me that they only this ''woman'' to write anything because it was that bad.  Otherwise they would have used someone else.  Therefore just publishing for the sake of ''being a woman'' is PC imo.[/quote]

I see your point but we don''t actually know why this woman has been asked to write anything. Pete''s thread title contains the words ''As resquested'' so presumably somebody has asked them to publish a ''Woman in the Stands'' column. If that is the case and they are merely responding to the wishes of certain members of the forum then that has everything to do with market forces and nothing to do with political correctness IMO.

[/quote]Yep point taken, but surely someone could said, this really is below standard,  do it again or get somebody else?  Otherwise, (surely I''m not the only one) I get the impression it is only published for the sake it it being a woman.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]remind me again why none of you have girlfriends...[/quote]We want a bird with longgggg legs, humongous bussies and an IQ above 150, but they''re few are far between.[;)]

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]
Otherwise, (surely I''m not the only one) I get the impression it is only published for the sake it it being a woman.
[/quote]

I think you''re probably right. The only difference is whether you think that is for reasons of political correctness or reponding to the wishes of the customers. If you get a few requests for a ''Woman in the Stands'' columns from female (or male for that matter) customers then why should granting that request be derided as ''peeee ceeeee gawn mad1!!!11eleven1!!11!''

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]Otherwise, (surely I''m not the only one) I get the impression it is only published for the sake it it being a woman.[/quote]

I think you''re probably right. The only difference is whether you think that is for reasons of political correctness or reponding to the wishes of the customers. If you get a few requests for a ''Woman in the Stands'' columns from female (or male for that matter) customers then why should granting that request be derided as ''peeee ceeeee gawn mad1!!!11eleven1!!11!''

[/quote]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:56SV2xuJsqPaVM:http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/e/5/4/12065738861492645819Arnoud999_Right_or_wrong_6.svg.med.png  Fairy snuff Shack