Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

why do people keep going on about bringing shakell and huckerby back?

Shakell is worse than doherty and that really is saying somthing! If he was a good defender wolves would have kept him as a squad player last year not give him back to us on loan.

Huckerby will not be the same player he was when we won promotion! We might aswell play hoolahan least he can attempt to get back and defend huckerby wont have the pace or stamina to get back. If he does actually try to which he never even done in his prime he''ll take 15 mins to recover.

Don''t people think it''s time to start looking at fresh new idea''s? not keep looking at the past..!

the doc is not a patch on shacks ... i thought he was very solid when we had him back on loan , most people said and thought we should have never sold him .

he would be a prize asset in this division .

[quote user="singing canary"]

the doc is not a patch on shacks ... i thought he was very solid when we had him back on loan , most people said and thought we should have never sold him .

[/quote]100% agree

[quote user="singing canary"]

is he still at wolves ..???

im not sure he would be lamberts type of player , i would have him back here sell hoola hoop and bring him back .

[/quote]

No, He''s Gone On Loan To Doncaster - Until January I Think!

Well Shack won''t be coming back anyway, he''s on loan at Donny with the old "view to buy" option, and good luck to him-think him and Askou might have been very decent.

Hucks won''t be returning, Gunny might have thought it a potentially popular move, but can anyone see that option getting past McNally?

shame .. i think he would have wanted to come back as well .. he was in the same youth set up as my mate , my mate knows him fairly well (or did) when he was here .

bad choice selling him to start with .

[quote user="we went down"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]100% agree[/quote]

totally agree

Obviously had we stayed up then we might have got Shacks back on loan again or permanently. Shame it didn''t work out better because him and Doherty were defending really well together and there was the signs of a pretty good partnership forming (especially in comparison to some of the partnerships we have had).

But you could see that Shacks came back a much stronger player than he did before he left. He was a weak link and prone to error but going to Wolves seemed to sort him out.

[quote user="we went down"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]100% agree[/quote]

I wasn''t saying it as a compliament doherty. he is one of the worst footballers i have ever seen try to kick a ball n his takles are made by his arms n not his feet. But in the past the have been times when doherty has looked the more solid player.. all i am saying is i think the must be better defenders out there instead of always thinking about the same old players that have been here before 

Does NOBODY else remember that the time preceding and at the time of selling Shackell, the general concensus was ''drive him to Wolves personally''??

Yes he was good when he came back but that doesnt mean he would have been good consistantly if we hadnt have sold him.

Jason shackell is now at Doncaster.. so that puts paid to him coming back now.. check it out on Soccerbase or wikipedia if you dont beleive me.

jas :)