Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

HT: Norwich City res 4 Southend Res 0

I''ve got to say that if this reserve team played our first team in a league one match at the moment I''d genuinely believe that the "reserve" team would win - pace,width,creativity.

I wonder what that says about the current team selection (or favouritism) going on at the moment at the club?!

Damn [:''(]

I was gonna go, but was playing cricket earlier. I should have left earlier and went [:(]

Ah well, were winning [Y]

[quote user="Brendan"]

Damn [:''(]

I was gonna go, but was playing cricket earlier. I should have left earlier and went [:(]

Ah well, were winning [Y]

[/quote]Great evening for a game of Cricket - typically one of the nicest evenings of the year come just as the season closes!!

.....I wonder what that says about the current team selection (or favouritism) going on at the moment at the club?!.......

Probably not a lot as Cody and Martin both feature in the first team, Doc''s goal was apparently a tap in and Theo hasn''t had to make a save. After all its Southend Reserves.

However it it gives all of these guys a kick up the backside being asked to play in the reserves I''m all for it... competition is good.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''ve got to say that if this reserve team played our first team in a league one match at the moment I''d genuinely believe that the "reserve" team would win - pace,width,creativity.

I wonder what that says about the current team selection (or favouritism) going on at the moment at the club?!

[/quote]Depends, because with Doc, Cody, Whaley etc in the team we lost two and drew one. With the current team we have won two and drew one. Not to suggest thats enough evidence to suggest which is better, but by the same token one reserve team match doesnt say much either!In reality I think we are still searching for our best XI, heres hoping Lambert can find it quickly.

I genuinely feel this side would be given a thoroughly hefty beating by our first team.Christ! It''s the ''Southend Reserve'' team, filled with 16/17/18 year old''s and trialists.If our reserve team was to come up against a well organised League team, it''d be subject to some serious beating.... Jesus, you are a fickle lot.

Yeah, was lovely. Beeeeatiful evening for cricket. Hopefully friday will be too, we''re prob gonna play again [:)]

Made my best score on the bat (12) [:P]

And got a wicket in last ball of the over, before i went in bat [:)]

Thoroughly enjoyable, put me in a very happy mood.

Dont you think its a bit odd how our CB''s seem to score more than most recently.

Askouuuuuuuuuuuu has scored plenty, and Doc has been recently, also Nelson has scored 1 this season, and scored on saturday i believe? but was disallowed.

[/quote]

What favouritism? Lamberts come in and done thing his way, he will rate some players and not others not just on abilty but attitude aswell. Most of the guys have had a go in the first team since he''s been here and if he feels they havent done enough in their game time to warrant a place in the starting 11 then thats the way it should and needs to be. The only guy who is maybe in the first team imo and shouldnt be is Cureton, but thats the managers call, he will stand or fall by his own decisions.

[quote user="John"]I genuinely feel this side would be given a thoroughly hefty beating by our first team.

Christ! It''s the ''Southend Reserve'' team, filled with 16/17/18 year old''s and trialists.

If our reserve team was to come up against a well organised League team, it''d be subject to some serious beating.

... Jesus, you are a fickle lot.
[/quote]

I''m not comparing this reserve team with Southend reserves, I''m comparing it with the eleven that started on Saturday- ans as I said would seriously believe that they would win.

Theres certainly more of an attacking threat both wide and through the middle.

[quote user="John"]I genuinely feel this side would be given a thoroughly hefty beating by our first team.

Christ! It''s the ''Southend Reserve'' team, filled with 16/17/18 year old''s and trialists.

If our reserve team was to come up against a well organised League team, it''d be subject to some serious beating.

... Jesus, you are a fickle lot.
[/quote]

I''m not comparing this reserve team with Southend reserves, I''m comparing it with the eleven that started on Saturday- ans as I said would seriously believe that they would win.

[/quote]

Good point well made, second point who picked tonights team, need we say more

[quote user="John"]I genuinely feel this side would be given a thoroughly hefty beating by our first team.Christ! It''s the ''Southend Reserve'' team, filled with 16/17/18 year old''s and trialists.If our reserve team was to come up against a well organised League team, it''d be subject to some serious beating.... Jesus, you are a fickle lot.[/quote]

[/quote]I know. And i also know your wrong.

If we were playing a League game, Doc, McDonald, Martin and Maric would most certainly not of scored, and i doubt Whaley would of scored.Subject to a professional formation, and a fair amount of pressure, our ''reserve'' defence tonight would crumble like none other you had ever seen at Carrow Road.  That midfield would provide no link to the forwards, and no one, bar possibly Russell would assist that majorly inexperienced and fragile defence.Hoolahan would have a minor bearing on the game, seeing as he is a talented lad, and you''d suspect he''d be there to partner and gain from Russell''s work. Martin would be cut straight out of the game, and of course Whaley would be ''partly'' guilty of doing similar to Martin. Maric would spend most his time defending set pieces given away by the likes of Russell, Doc, and the inexperienced kids among them. McDonald would spend the majority of the game alone upfront, with little chance of passing a sturn and capable opposition defence.Of course this is all an assumption, but could you truly see that line up working on an official League matchday against an experienced side under a recognised professional manager in the game? No, it wouldn''t. It would fall apart like no other.How can you be so bloody fickle?

Its very interesting, it sounds like as usual wes hoolahan is having a blinder and creating nearly everything going forward! we realy need to keep this guy i just cant believe were getting rid.

I also firmly believe the starting 11 on saturday is not as strong as the 11 tonight. I am very worried about another potential favouritism selection policy.

I wonder what Lambert will do? i mean players like hoolahan have shown great profesionalism to drop to the reserves and still give it their all and play well, the concept of reserve football is to get fringe players match fitness and give them a chance to shine then in return for a good performance introduce them back into the first team fold. Will this happen with hoolahan? if it doesnt then then this says alot for lambert and will probally confirm my worries

I''m fully in support of having Hoolahan in the midfield. Whether Lambert would accept that into his system is another matter.For one, Hughes would have to go out. Our defence would be dead in the water with both playing around the middle.As for this side even being a match for the one on Saturday, the concept of such is ridculous.I''ll admit slight adjustments could be made, but if you consider the circumstances properly, you''d know only a fool would get caught up in the hype of the result.

[quote user="John"]If we were playing a League game, Doc, McDonald, Martin and Maric would most certainly not of scored, and i doubt Whaley would of scored.

Subject to a professional formation, and a fair amount of pressure, our ''reserve'' defence tonight would crumble like none other you had ever seen at Carrow Road.  That midfield would provide no link to the forwards, and no one, bar possibly Russell would assist that majorly inexperienced and fragile defence.

Hoolahan would have a minor bearing on the game, seeing as he is a talented lad, and you''d suspect he''d be there to partner and gain from Russell''s work. Martin would be cut straight out of the game, and of course Whaley would be ''partly'' guilty of doing similar to Martin. Maric would spend most his time defending set pieces given away by the likes of Russell, Doc, and the inexperienced kids among them. McDonald would spend the majority of the game alone upfront, with little chance of passing a sturn and capable opposition defence.

Of course this is all an assumption, but could you truly see that line up working on an official League matchday against an experienced side under a recognised professional manager in the game? No, it wouldn''t. It would fall apart like no other.

How can you be so bloody fickle?
[/quote]

How about you put your name forward for director of football they could do with your Knowledge

Well, Watford were planning to be at the reserve game tonight so, if recent reports are correct, they might solve the Hoolahan Problem.

[quote user="John"]If we were playing a League game, Doc, McDonald, Martin and Maric would most certainly not of scored, and i doubt Whaley would of scored.Subject to a professional formation, and a fair amount of pressure, our ''reserve'' defence tonight would crumble like none other you had ever seen at Carrow Road.  That midfield would provide no link to the forwards, and no one, bar possibly Russell would assist that majorly inexperienced and fragile defence.Hoolahan would have a minor bearing on the game, seeing as he is a talented lad, and you''d suspect he''d be there to partner and gain from Russell''s work. Martin would be cut straight out of the game, and of course Whaley would be ''partly'' guilty of doing similar to Martin. Maric would spend most his time defending set pieces given away by the likes of Russell, Doc, and the inexperienced kids among them. McDonald would spend the majority of the game alone upfront, with little chance of passing a sturn and capable opposition defence.Of course this is all an assumption, but could you truly see that line up working on an official League matchday against an experienced side under a recognised professional manager in the game? No, it wouldn''t. It would fall apart like no other.How can you be so bloody fickle?[/quote]Well thanks for that Mystic Meg, but it wasn''t so long ago that all the players you mentioned above were having a blinder, pre-season against Wigan, and it''s not like we''ve signed so many top class players that they aren''t even worthy of a place on the bench anymore. Yes it was a pre-season friendly, but I would certainly say that Wigan should at least be the equivalent of a run-of-the-mill League One team like Walsall in those circumstances.Frankly, if Hoolahan, Maric, Doc and Martin had a good game tonight I would put them in the first team without question after Saturday''s joke of a performance. I suppose the question is if Lambert sees enough in them to do so - or will he stick with the tried and tested Cureton up front?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="John"]If we were playing a League game, Doc, McDonald, Martin and Maric would most certainly not of scored, and i doubt Whaley would of scored.

Subject to a professional formation, and a fair amount of pressure, our ''reserve'' defence tonight would crumble like none other you had ever seen at Carrow Road.  That midfield would provide no link to the forwards, and no one, bar possibly Russell would assist that majorly inexperienced and fragile defence.

Hoolahan would have a minor bearing on the game, seeing as he is a talented lad, and you''d suspect he''d be there to partner and gain from Russell''s work. Martin would be cut straight out of the game, and of course Whaley would be ''partly'' guilty of doing similar to Martin. Maric would spend most his time defending set pieces given away by the likes of Russell, Doc, and the inexperienced kids among them. McDonald would spend the majority of the game alone upfront, with little chance of passing a sturn and capable opposition defence.

Of course this is all an assumption, but could you truly see that line up working on an official League matchday against an experienced side under a recognised professional manager in the game? No, it wouldn''t. It would fall apart like no other.

How can you be so bloody fickle?
[/quote]

Well thanks for that Mystic Meg, but it wasn''t so long ago that all the players you mentioned above were having a blinder, pre-season against Wigan, and it''s not like we''ve signed so many top class players that they aren''t even worthy of a place on the bench anymore. Yes it was a pre-season friendly, but I would certainly say that Wigan should at least be the equivalent of a run-of-the-mill League One team like Walsall in those circumstances.

Frankly, if Hoolahan, Maric, Doc and Martin had a good game tonight I would put them in the first team without question after Saturday''s joke of a performance. I suppose the question is if Lambert sees enough in them to do so - or will he stick with the tried and tested Cureton up front?
[/quote]

In addition to the above - Russell surely must come back into the first team ahead of a couple of 17 year olds in midfield. This would be one of the more glaring "cutting off nose to spite face" team selections away at MK Dons

If you told me Norwich could keep only ''one'' player in the current squad, i''d choose Hoolahan. And it''d of been the same for the past year.As some may know, i''m a big fan of Hoolahan. I think he is extremely talented, and i consider few, if not, none in this League worthy of comparison in terms of ability with a ball at their feet.There is just a way to go about a proper game of football. And if you don''t go about it right, the punishment always proves to be severe.The team needs to have a proper and functional structure to it. The side Lambert plays has that. Crooks reserve side, and Gunns old first team have a lot of flair and ability, but they are neither nowhere near solid or sturn enough to compete with a ''Lambert'' type of side regularly.

GJL you seriously cant believe that the team tonight would beat the 1st team on Saturday? Other than Hoolahan and Russell and noting that the right back and Stephens played ok too, the others were gash. Whaley did nothing (other than the free kick) and how he got a contract in the first place is beyond me. Maric is slow and cumbersome; he can trap a ball further than I can kick one and Theoflapsalot gave me no confidence between the sticks whatsoever.

I''m no Cureton fan, but on tonights evidence, I''d play him ahead of Martin, McDonald and definitely Maric.

Screw it then people. Get caught up in the hype ''again'', and immediately pile all your hope on the aspects of the club that show a slight inkling of positivity.Go ahead, but i should think by now you all know the consequences to that? It has a lot to do with where we are.The last 5 years as a Norwich fan have felt like waking up on Groundhog Day.

GJL you seriously cant believe that the team tonight would beat the 1st team on Saturday?

Well Walsall nullified our paceless,one dimensional attack on Saturday whilst at the other end of the pitch our reserve side contains more firepower,pace and creativity that Walsall.