Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Andy

The Future's So Bright

We gotta wear shades. As someone once sang. Can''t remember who, any ideas?

Anyway, back to the point. How good does it feel to be a Norwich fan right now? I reckon it feels great. I''ve been knocking around the country following NCFC for more years than I care to remember (when I went to my first game, The Sweet were in the charts..... nothing has changed, they still are.....they''re just called The Darkness now) and I''m struggling to remember a time when I felt so positive about our club and it''s future.

Here''s why......

1: THE TEAM. A great blend of experienced old pros and exciting youngsters. Promotion beckons.

2: THE MANAGER. He''s straight talking, no nonsense, ambitious and has got the respect of the entire dressing room. Except, perhaps, Mark Rivers at the moment. Promotion beckons. His only fault is saying "know what I mean?" every 20 seconds during TV interviews. Stop doing that, Nigel!

3: THE BOARD. Delia Smith and MWJ love this club with a passion. And they''ve put the money up to prove it. Over 10 million pounds so far. This club is in very safe hands. Promotion beckons.

4: THE STADIUM: With the completion of the new stand, Carrow Road will be a source of pride to all Norwich fans. Worthy of the Premiership.

5: THE ACADAMY: It''s taken years to recover from the disaster that Robert Chase''s management caused to our youth policy. But now the production line of home grown talent has come to life again. And my nephew is there, straining at the leash to do his bit for us. Bless him.

6: THE FANS: As Delia proclaimed to the world on Boxing Day, we are the best fans in the world. My suspicion is that she might well have had a glass or two of vino during the afternoon, but what the hell, so had most of us after hearing the news about Darren Huckerby. I think she meant it. And I agree with her. Every home game a sellout, and an away following that is the envy of just about all our rivals. The fans are the ones that deserve success more than anyone.

Yes indeed, this is a great time to be a Norwich fan. Hang on tight and enjoy the ride!

hiya andy, haven''t spoken to you before, but what a brilliant post, especially your points about the academy and delia, yes, we are the best fans in the world, and i was only saying yesterday (to anyone who would listen!!) that we are so lucky, to have so much to be positive about, especially after years of hurt and betrayal, non achievement, selling our best players etc

now, with nige and co we have the opportunity to go forward at last, the Darren Huckerby signing must send out so many signals to our rivals for promotion, not just him, but McKenzie and Svensson too, we are going for it, the new stand, share issues etc.

I do not have too much time for certain people who run this club, Doncaster, Munby etc have made the fans feel like bit parts at times, kept us uninformed, been patronising in the extreme, i have had personal run ins with munby and was told by him that to buy huckerby would put the whole future of the club at risk and made to feel a criminal for wanting it.

Thank god for Delia and Worthy. I wrote to Delia in September, begging her to buy Hucks, she sent me a personal reply saying if it were at all possible she would!!

And Hucks himself, what can i say that hasn''t already been put up on this board. He is a legend, the best player in the first division and he is ours

Can things get any better, oh yes, they can. We will win this division and we will, at last, show the world what a great club this is. Delia, your dreams, and ours, will come true, it has taken a long time, but it will be worth the wait.

Great post Old Man Andy!

Timbuk 3 are the band you''re looking for.

A VERY Happy New Year to all Canaries.

OTBC

Timbuk 3, been racking my brain for that one all day, great result today, scum lost too, oh happy days

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I think we should have a sweepstake on how long it takes before someone replies completely unaware of the date of the original post...[/quote]I nearly didn''t notice! I sat their mouth-open, completely dumb-founded for 30 seconds. Wait till ''Jordi Murrel'' comes and looks at this thread.