Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Doc, Hooly, Rusty - clearly not in PL's plans

That article about these guys supposedly staking their claims for first team places is pointless. They''re clearly not wanted (on account of wages, not talent), hence the press ban to stop them asking tricky questions about their futures at the club. Although with Theoklitos, i thinks that''s more because PL just doesn''t rate him.

They may get the odd game here and there to keep them in the window but i feel certain they will be gone the minute any club shows an interest. If Lambert wants any room to manoeuvre so he can bring in his own players, he has to ship the big earners out, because he ha definitely been told, and we all know, that there''s no more money. I think he probably rates those three a little, but has concluded they aren''t worth their wages and has decided moving them on gives him the most room to build his own team.

Agree with this but surely Russell and Cureton are big earners too. Are they in his plans on merit or because nobody wants them?

Hoolahan and Doherty are obvious unsettled, probably out of plans, you''re right. However I think Russell played for the reserves last night purely to get another 90 minutes under his belt, he had no pre-season after all. I personally think his appearance for the reserves was to top up his match fitness, I can see him figuring in the coming weeks. Doherty however, I can''t see breaking back into the lineup, especially considering the centre backs that are currently occupying the positions have kept 3 clean sheets in the last 3 matches. Hoolahan is a funny one though, Lambert clearly feels he unsettles the team, which to be fair, when he''s on the left, he does. However I feel playing in the hole behind Holt would be ideal for him, I think he deserves a shot there, it was glaringly obvious a player like him was what we were missing Saturday against Warsaw.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Should say I agree with a1. Not Wiz[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

No change there then Nutty? [;)]

[/quote]

I told you before Wiz.. you need to get real and recognise your limitations. It''s far more realistic to divert your attentions here : -

[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Should say I agree with a1. Not Wiz[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

No change there then Nutty? [;)]

[/quote]"Well I won''t be gutted if he stays, I''ve always liked Rusty."

[quote user="a1canary"]Lol! Wiz you old dog! Ms Outhwaite is sure looking fine there - was that as the lovely Melanie in ''benders?[/quote]

Nah mate, Becky (Katherine Kelly) from Corrie.

I won''t be gutted if any of them stay but then I won''t be gutted if any of them go so long as we bring in players that move the club forward. My fear is we budget to stay in League One and ultimately fall further.

Well well, now who looks the t*t!!

She sure looks a lot like a younger Tamzin O. The pic looks a bit old and grainy, so assumed it was from her ''enders days!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I won''t be gutted if any of them stay but then I won''t be gutted if any of them go so long as we bring in players that move the club forward. My fear is we budget to stay in League One and ultimately fall further.

[/quote]

I don''t think McNally would settle for budeting to stay in league one Nutty. But he definitely is budgeting to not ''overbudget'', if that makes sense! Which is a good and critically important thing in my view. Even if we are forced to make further cut backs (such as discussed here) in order to live within our means, those means should be beyond those of most in this league. So even if it takes more than one season, we will get out of this league. Just as Man City did, Leicester did, Forest did and as Leeds surely will 3rd time around.

[quote user="a1canary"]Well well, now who looks the t*t!! She sure looks a lot like a younger Tamzin O. The pic looks a bit old and grainy, so assumed it was from her ''enders days![/quote]

Its taken from the 7th September episode A1 (Availible on ITV Player).........and yes I did go a bit shakey![:S]