Sign in to follow this  
Matt Carver

Souness gone - good or bad for city?

Has Souness being poached from Blackburn more or less sealed their fate? He took them into the UEFA Cup but despite his best efforts they''ve been struggling... does his departure ultimately mean that they''ll fragment and go down?

I hope it does (while I''ve got nothing against Blackburn), coz at the end of the day the more sides that struggle the better!

Have just had a quick flick through their Forum, there are 15 pages of suggestions for the new manager and guess what ? 4 people put Nigel Worthington in their top three and one had him as number one in a list of ten !

Hmmm 

I can only see Souness going as a good thing for us.  They won''t have a manager for at least a couple of weeks, then he''s got to get to know them and get them to perform how he wants.  Not forgetting their fans.  They seem a tough bunch to please and if the new man isn''t doing as well as they want I''m sure they''ll make it known  It''ll be a tough run up to Christmas for Blackburn

As for Nige I fail to see why he''d want to go to Blackburn.  It''s a bit of a side step for him.  I''m sure that in a few years a big club will come knocking and make him an offer he can''t refuse.  Until then though we''ll keep our Nige

Yeah, I wondered this. Sometimes a change of manager bucks a team up, so it could work the other way and improve their fortunes. Only time will tell.

Blackburn (a team likely to be in the relegation battle) will not be the most attractive club for a manager to go to so they arent likely to snap one up right away. I think this will be good for Norwich

There''s nothing like sitting on the fence and stating the bl**ding obvious, so I''ll say it could go either way!!!  Whichever way the die rolls, I bet I know what Worthy will be saying to the lads to infinity and beyond...

"We''ve got to worry about ourselves not about what anyone else is doing!"

No change there then!