Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chris Lakey gets a blog...

I couldn''t find how to comment after the blog, so hopefully he will read this: When Joe Ferrari called to request he not speak to the 4 players, why didn''t Lakey just say no?

I hope this isn''t an instance where the club is intimidating an Archant journo to protect itself-- what we feared with the recent board appointment.

[quote]or the footballers who can’t be trusted to say something anodyne to hide their true feelings.[/quote]If the footballers are going to say something anodyne, then there''s no story.  So what is the point of trying to get an interview if you''re going to get the same old guff anyway ? [:)]

I want to add that I don''t question Lakey''s ethics. I actually like him very much. I just don''t like the fact that club PR is telling journos who they can speak to and who they can''t. It''s a small step down the slippery slope.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"To leave a comment log onto the EDP24 messageboard http://www.edp24.co.uk/cs/forums/ with the details you use for this site then go to Lakey''s blog...." From the stating-the-obvious department; why don''t you add that link to the bottom of the blog...?[/quote]

It already says so on the right-hand side. Obviously that''s not clear enough so will put a line at the top as well.

Pete. 

On the blogs home page is it possible to add the date each one was last updated (as happens for NCISA and Capital Canaries)?  In the past I''ve followed 2 or 3 of the blogs and it''s nice to know when they''ve been updated without having to click through all of them every time.

Absent Friend

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Not a bad idea to have a blog, but surely Chris Lakey has enough outlets now to give us his thoughts on all things NCFC, without this blog.[/quote]

You mean as in:

"The Eastern Daily Press was last night banned from speaking to four Norwich City players dropped from the current League One side amid speculation that some or all of them are to be offered out on loan to other clubs."

Blogs are becoming quite useful in providing an outlet for something you don''t want to write on the real thing.

[;)]

There is a very interesting , half-buried, line in Lakey''s piece today on the NCISA meeting:It''s a shame no

one thought to mention recently-reported interest in the club by the

Birmingham Two, the Davids Sullivan and Gold. A shame because it''s

true, you see.

I saw that Purple: looking back to the meeting it''s amazing no-one asked about potential buyers..............

Chris Lakey could have passed someone a note suggesting the question could have been asked - or perhaps he''s only just thought about it too!

------Daphne, as far as general questions about investment and takeovers are

concerned it may be people at the NCISA agm regarded them as having

been answered by Smith and Jones at the Capital Canaries'' agm on August

10th.The point about the Gold and Sullivan story specifically

is that it surfaced two weeks or so after the Caps'' agm. The NCISA

meeting was the first opportunity fans had to ask a director about it

in public.

I posted at the time the story broke that it looked very much as if it

was well-founded and serious, and Lakey''s comment bears that out.------

At this rate he will be on twitter soon as well... great, anotehr way for him to put his views across, the same views

[quote user="B-ru"]At this rate he will be on twitter soon as well... great, anotehr way for him to put his views across, the same views[/quote]too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://twitter.com/EDPchrislakey