Sign in to follow this  
Dion Dublin=Legend

Swindon warn Norwich over Winger

I agree WAY49, there doesn''t seem to be much activity anywhere today and it may be that the BBC are recycling news. Don''t think another winger would be a bad thing though with Whaley not really producing at the moment.

I think there could be something in it.

We''re clearly lacking pace down the wings at the moment. Whaley has a bit of pace about him but he''s yet to impress.

And if Lappin was to get injured we''d be struggling a bit.

same story on Evening News... my apologies, perhaps there is more to it, Loan with intent to buy in January?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well January is a long way, and TBH we have wide wingers already.  I think this is old news rehashed as there isn''t much else going on ATM.[/quote]

What!!!! We had no width at all on Saturday, and no pace either. A winger who can carry the ball at pace would be a god send. If he can then actually deliver the odd decent cross we''d be in 7th heaven.

[quote user="B-ru"]same story on Evening News... my apologies, perhaps there is more to it, Loan with intent to buy in January?[/quote]Why does the story being on Evening News change your mind about it, meaning that it isn''t the BBC rehashing old stories?All Archant do is copy articles almost word for word from other sources such as BBC.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well January is a long way, and TBH we have wide wingers already.  I think this is old news rehashed as there isn''t much else going on ATM.[/quote]

What!!!! We had no width at all on Saturday, and no pace either. A winger who can carry the ball at pace would be a god send. If he can then actually deliver the odd decent cross we''d be in 7th heaven.
[/quote]BANG,NAIL,HEAD [Y]

Lambert said when he first came in that we lacked pace. The game against Walsall proved that point.

I would be happy with some pace out wide and more to play alongside Holt

Bump- I think it''s maybe the fact that one of the guys on the Norwich board is at Archant too. Not saying that this makes it concrete, but more likely. With previous interest in the player and Lambert looking to get in his own players for the fast pace game he likes....

[quote user="B-ru"]same story on Evening News... my apologies, perhaps there is more to it, Loan with intent to buy in January?[/quote]

Yep, and maybe our interest in him might just unsettle him at Swindon, well, why not? we want we get for a change![Y]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well January is a long way, and TBH we have wide wingers already.  I think this is old news rehashed as there isn''t much else going on ATM.[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s about opinions, you have yours and I have mine.

Regardless, unless they are willing to put him out on loan, which doesn''t seem likely, or we have suddenly found a billionaire to take over the club, they clearly aren''t sending him on loan and want to keep him according to the article, he won''t be coming to us it''s a simple as that.

The TW has shut and all we have is the good old ''''it didn''t work last season'''' loan market.  Or we wait until January, which is a while away yet.

So whether I am right or wrong is quite another thing.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

What!!!! We had no width at all on Saturday, and no pace either. A winger who can carry the ball at pace would be a god send. If he can then actually deliver the odd decent cross we''d be in 7th heaven. [/quote]

It''s about opinions, you have yours and I have mine.

Regardless, unless they are willing to put him out on loan, which doesn''t seem likely, or we have suddenly found a billionaire to take over the club, they clearly aren''t sending him on loan and want to keep him according to the article, he won''t be coming to us it''s a simple as that.

The TW has shut and all we have is the good old ''''it didn''t work last season'''' loan market.  Or we wait until January, which is a while away yet.

So whether I am right or wrong is quite another thing.

[/quote]No it''s not it''s about fact. We have no natural width. Width unless you are an exceptionally talented player requires pace also. We have McVeigh who is no winger and comes inside constantly. We have Lappin who''s total lack of pace and inability to beat players means we have a talented crosser who has to do so in free flowing play from deep far to often and we have Whaley who just a joke panic buy.

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8245908.stm[/quote]

It''s not really an old story.  The Swindon manager was responding the questions because sports journalists down that way were tipped off that you tried to get the player.  He''s played quite well so far this season so it seems unlikely they would let him out on loan unless you waved a lot more money on an "option to buy" deal. 

A little bit.  He''s a Boothroyd protege and played in the Watford side that went up - also got his first Premier League start.  Speedy left midfield winger (I''ve seen him play on both flanks) but a bit of a disadvantage is that he''s tiny - 5ft 6 or thereabouts and is easily knocked off the ball if you can catch him.  Not a goalscorer but a goal maker.  His pace is his best asset and he''s a good crosser of the ball.  His best time was at Watford with Boothroyd and he''s sort of slipped down the pole since then.

Swindon fans say he has started the season well for them and I would expect him to be a threat against U''s on Saturday.  He''s certainly someone you have to cut out if you can.

The start of his career was nearly wrecked because he''s asthmatic but it didn''t seem him to affect him too badly at either Watford or subsequently at Swindon.  Certainly has pace which is possibly why you are interested?  He had quite a number of starts at Watford but Boothroyd also used him as a player to take on tired defences with 20 minutes to go.

Cheers Cam[Y].I wonder how many free kicks he could get in dangerous areas as well.Worth checking him out!!

This probably explains why Lambert is so desperate to get rid of Wes and Doc, obviously the funds are not there...

We lacked pace against Wallsall because Lambert picked Cureton instead of Cody, not because it wasn''t available !!  [:''(] 

[/quote]

Spot on!

Watford fans I know say his asthma was a big problem, and he has been subbed after about an hour in 3 of his games this season-not sure if that was down to asthma though.

Never heard of him, but my mate bob, Swindon lifer, says he flatters to deceive i.e not worth a punt.

The problem is Swindon are a bit flush with cash after selling Cox.......

If we are looking for a creative left winger to bring from the bench, there is one available after 24th October!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

The problem is Swindon are a bit flush with cash after selling Cox.......

If we are looking for an injured creative left winger to bring from the bench, there is one available after 24th October!

[/quote]Corrected, for no extra charge. [;)] Would love to see him back here, but it''s not going to happen.