Sign in to follow this  
lordyfan

does this mean its a stepping stone?

a quote from mcnally“I could not do that for this great football club. Whilst I am here I

will care passionately about doing the right thing because this club

deserves better than it has received in the last four years.To me, it sounds like he''s using us as a step to summat bigger. Prove me wrong

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Not bothered if he is or not to be honest, if he leaves us for a bigger club it''ll mean he''s been successful.
[/quote]

Like Mr Doncaster?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Not bothered if he is or not to be honest, if he leaves us for a bigger club it''ll mean he''s been successful.[/quote]

Like Mr Doncaster?

[/quote]Scottish FA aren''t a club.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Not bothered if he is or not to be honest, if he leaves us for a bigger club it''ll mean he''s been successful.[/quote]

Like Mr Doncaster?

[/quote]Scottish FA aren''t a club.[/quote]or successful

To me is seems you''re looking for something from nothing.

He is never going to be here all his life and being that he has been at both Celtic and Fulham he clearly has ability so if he moves on it will likely mean he has done something right and Norwich have achieved something.

But without asking him directly - are you using us as a stepping stone or are you going to stay for lif? No one on here will be able to prove you wrong.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Like Mr Doncaster?

[/quote]Scottish FA aren''t a club.[/quote]Oops meant SPL. SPL aren''t a club either though..

[quote user="lordyfan"]a quote from mcnally

“I could not do that for this great football club. Whilst I am here I will care passionately about doing the right thing because this club deserves better than it has received in the last four years.

To me, it sounds like he''s using us as a step to summat bigger. Prove me wrong
[/quote]

He''s had successful spells at Celtic and then Fulham, now he''s at Norwich.  So the question is, a stepping stone to where?  Diss Town??

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Not bothered if he is or not to be honest, if he leaves us for a bigger club it''ll mean he''s been successful.
[/quote]

Like Mr Doncaster?

[/quote]
Scottish FA aren''t a club.
[/quote]
Oops meant SPL. SPL aren''t a club either though..
[/quote]

They might as well be.....Anyway, Donny''s gone onto better things so he must have been successful here at Carra, because surely, nobody who is ambitious would employ a failure...would they. Let''s face it, Mr D said our finances were manageable......Mr Mac, now says different......''dire,'' wasn''t it?

All this "great football club" stuff makes me feel a bit queasy, he''s only been here five minutes and it''s clearly just platitudes.  Other than that I think McNally is the right man to shake the club up, we''ve been "Nice Little Norwich City" for too long.  If it''s a stepping stone, so be it - provided he does the job while he''s here.

[quote user="lordyfan"]To me, it sounds like he''s using us as a step to summat bigger. Prove me wrong[/quote]Well at least if he is he''ll not be using us to learn his trade like Doncaster so patently was.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]All this "great football club" stuff makes me feel a bit queasy, he''s only been here five minutes and it''s clearly just platitudes.  Other than that I think McNally is the right man to shake the club up, we''ve been "Nice Little Norwich City" for too long.  If it''s a stepping stone, so be it - provided he does the job while he''s here.

[/quote]

So what''s he supposed to do, tell the truth?! 

If the press are to be believed he was lined up for a job at Arsenal but came here instead, are we a stepping stone to Arsenal? I think not.He is a journeyman CEO so I would expect him to move on when he''s happy he''s done what he was employed to do(or cocked it up),so it will be no shock when he does.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]If the press are to be believed he was lined up for a job at Arsenal but came here instead, are we a stepping stone to Arsenal? I think not.

He is a journeyman CEO so I would expect him to move on when he''s happy he''s done what he was employed to do(or cocked it up),so it will be no shock when he does.
[/quote]

He was offered a job at Arsenal after leaving Fulham under their well known "Assisted Exit Scheme" but the Arsenal job failed to materialise.  He wasn''t working for anyone when you hired him.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]If the press are to be believed he was lined up for a job at Arsenal but came here instead, are we a stepping stone to Arsenal? I think not.

He is a journeyman CEO so I would expect him to move on when he''s happy he''s done what he was employed to do(or cocked it up),so it will be no shock when he does.
[/quote]

He was offered a job at Arsenal after leaving Fulham under their well known "Assisted Exit Scheme" but the Arsenal job failed to materialise.  He wasn''t working for anyone when you hired him.

[/quote]

Bit like Boothroyd then......strangely

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bit like Boothroyd then........ yet strangely I suspect your inference about why that should be will be subtly different.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bit like Boothroyd then........ yet strangely I suspect your inference about why that should be will be subtly different.

[/quote]

Absolutely no idea.  I''m not into the Lambert v Boothroyd school because neither of us have the slightest idea how either of them will get on.  Lambert did a decent job when he came in but I do have very serious reservations about his "man management skills", some of which are only just coming to light our end. 

Of course none of this matters if we get promoted does it?  Most of you thought Roeder was the most arrogant person you had encountered but had you been 10 points clear at the top of the division you wouldn''t even have noticed, or so I think.

Whenever a new man comes in there is always hope and expectation and so it is both at Norwich and Colchester.

But I''ve absolutely no idea how either of them are going to get on. 

[:D][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m astonished and astounded! Is there no limits to the Col U (but not her upstairs) and Imps (he saved them from Sincil drain y''know) fan come hack of the direst order....His knowledge of all things Carrow, marrow, barrow - an'' beg steal and borrow, is indefatigable.[|-)]

[/quote]

Like Dave Richards, who not only remained at the helm through the Hillsbrough tragedy but through most of the season they went down, seen on the day they went down and faced bankrupcy as Chairman of the Premier League handing the trophy to Manchester United.