Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Inactivity' and Jim Brennan

I see that Jim Brennan has been dropped from the Canada squad [FIFA ranking=99] for the recent & current World Cup qualifiers ostensibly because he has been inactive recently ........according to the Canadian Head Coach, a certain Mr Frank Yallop who was quoted as saying that ''It was mainly a coaches decision'' - whatever that means. 

Result. Lost 2-0 at home to Guatemala (Aug 18) . Held 1-1 at home on Saturday by Honduras. Playing Costa Rica away on Wednesday. Soon eliminated one suspects.

Jim used his summer playing for Canada against Belize in a two leg qualifier, scoring in each match if memory serves me right.

Seems odd to me. How come all the ''inactive'' internationals at Arsenal, Man Utd etc etc are picked for their countries'' matches.

????????????????????

OTBC

But isn''t it a nice problem to have... so many internationals that some will always have to be on the bench. I think Brennan is a good player, but I''m not sure who I''d drop for him at the moment...?

He''s bound to be playing for the reserves tomorrow so I''ll send a report on Thursday to let those of you who can''t go know what his form is like...assuming the others actually pass to him, that is! 

Amarillo - How about shuffling the positions a bit? I agree that Brennan should be playing.
As for Gallacher, why isn''t he No.2? Ward IMO should be No.4!!

Green

Edworthy  Fleming  Charlton  Drury

McVeigh  Holt  Francis  Brennan

Bentley  Huckerby

Bentley plays up front for England U21, and if you read the official website, he talks about wanting to play higher up.

Given the signings of Yonson and Bentley and the new improved form of McVeigh it is no surprise that Brennan has not appeared this season.

When worthy moved to 4-3-3 at the end of last season Brennan was dropped and McVeigh was used as a sub - so the ''natural'' order for Worthy has been retained - I have to agree with Worthys judgement on this and even with a shuffle would not start with him.

Jim remains excellent squad cover as a left sided midfield/defender and will play a part during the year - like many other good players we now have he will just have to wait his turn - what a fantastic position for us to be in!

OTBC