Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

City: why we fired Gunn

[quote user="Lambo"]USA.... what would you have said if McNally sacked Gunn as soon as he was appointed due to doubts over his ability??? I''m willing to bet that you''d have been outraged if he''d acted in the manner your saying he should. For me, he had the doubts but was willing to give Gunn a chance to prove him wrong, Gunn then sent out the side against Colchester and lost 7-1 merely confirming those doubts. He acted. IMO McNally made the correct decisions.[/quote]

I dont think anyone disagrees that it was the correct decision but McNally himself said it had little to do with that one game............??????

So why wait?........... why also wait till the following Friday.......... terrible timing...........

They should have sacked him right after the game or Sunday morning at the earliest....... given Lambert the chance to come in earlier.

Why let Gunn take the squad for the carling cup game and then prepare the team for Exeter........... then pulling the rug out less than 20 hours before a vital league match.

It gave the players/staff no chance to get over the initial shock of the decision.  (incredibly poor timing)

I just don''t understand why people are saying he acted quickly?............ Didn''t act quickly enough by the looks of things1

I am actually more concerned that Lambert didn''t get much of chance to wheel and deal before the window closed.

Its been admitted that the clubs financial budget with Gunn, involved selling Russell and Hoolahan..............

From what I hear we need to get rid of a number of higher wage earners off the books before we can do anything.

Lamberts only chance to put things right before Jan is the loan market which we might not be able to afford at the moment unless we can get some contracts/wages off the books.

The fact is McNally/board put his name to every one of Gunns signings.............. he is not exactly without blame for keeping the spending in check...................

Especially if he had huge doubts about Gunn..........Giving someone a chance is one thing but letting him splooge (more than!) the whole budget doesn''t seem very prudent if you are thinking of bringing in a new manager.