Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Nigel on "Canaries World"

Just watched the above report re Malky''s imminent departure. Had to play it over twice because of their rubbishy recording but it seemed that Nigel wasn''t overly upset about the situation !

His main comment was "...it''s a chance to move on...", (know what I mean) Didn''t say much too nice about Malky at all I thought.   ..

it all seems a bit harsh to me and i will be sad to see him go. but its up to malky to decide on whether he wants to stay at norwich, won''t get much games-therefore not make the scotland squad because of lack of match practice. (eg. gallacher) or he could get first team football at a good ccc side with the possiblity of them challenging for promotion and staying in the scottish squad. its a hard decision because he wants to play in the prem but by the sounds of things there is only 1 thing to choose. and thats coventry.

I''d like to see the interview you are referring to but Canariesworld seems to be experiencing some problems at the moment!

[quote]I''d like to see the interview you are referring to but Canariesworld seems to be experiencing some problems at the moment![/quote]

So what''s new ?, I wonder why I paid £35 for the service, the poor sound quality and camera work is hardly endearing.

With the signings of Doherty and Charlton the sudden appearance of a bid for the (probably) 4th choice centre back has to be considered.

For whatever reason Worthy feels that Flem is a better option in the prem than Malky - and it is hard to disagree with that. Having signed at some expense two other centre halfs it is not that surprising (with Shackell developing well) that any attractive offer is accepted.

Whether there is a background of player/manager disharmony is not really a consideration - at 32 Malky must be wanting regular football and sitting 4th in line is no good for him, and therefore the club.

I wish him well but hope he gets another club interested as I couldnt hope to watch for coventrys results...

OTBC

I have finally got the interview on Canariesworld to work - well, a bit anyway.  (At first the pictures were out of sync with the audio and the audio was intermittent, then the audio sorted itself out, but still frozen pictures!)  At least I got to hear what Worthy had to say. 

He did say that Malky had ''done fantastic'' for the club - show me a manager who has mastered adverbs!!! - but kept using the phrase ''time to move on'', which sounds pretty much as if Malky is going.  Whether it''s to Coventry or not we don''t yet know, but his future as a player here seems to be at an end. 

Twenty-four hours on and I''m still sad about it, even though it might work out to be for the best all round. Just doesn''t feel quite right at this moment in time.