Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Keane giving up already

Quoted in tonight''s EADT -" I believe that within this league sixth place is still a realistic ambition.”So no title winning place, no automatic promotion - just the possibility of scraping onto the lowest play off place - and this is after only six games. Suggests he knows what deep shite this grubby little club is in.Reality rather suggests one place above the relegation spot should be the best he could hope for

you''ve rather missed the pointare you from suffolk perhaps, as you appear a little dim ?

[quote user="Honest Joe"]Bobby Robson only scored 1 point in his first 7 games apparently and we all know where he went from there.[/quote]errr, not strictly true my simple minded binner.  Robson joined

midway through the 68/69 season and in his first seven games they -

lost 1, drew 3, and won 3 .......... not quite what you think Yes, in the next season he did only manage 1 point out of his first 7 seven games. Again, I suspect though we DON''T all know where he went from there. It was 18th in the Divison actually - just above relegation. And where did he go from there in the next season, why if it wasn''t 19th in the Divison, even closer to relegation. And the following season having amassed a staggering 4 extra points they managed to climb to the giddy heights of 13th in the DivisonSo

if you think that Roy Keane is going to be allowed 3 and a half seasons

of failure and still be in charge the season after you are even

stupider than we would expect of someone from suffolk   ps next time check your facts before spouting off your simple suffolk twaddle on here

RK''s appointment is the funniest thing thats happened to football in this region for years.  He could even take one of the pre-season favourites for the playoffs down to League 1....that should wipe a few smug grins off the binner faces

When he took over at Sunderland, they were right near the bottom and he got them on a massive run and promotion. Not saying he will, but I very much doubt that they will be at the bottom come end of the season, shame..

Hate to say it, but I told ya so.When Keane was appointed, a lot of th doom and gloom merchants on here were laying it on thick with the old "Ipswich are showing ambition" and "I''d have Keane here in a heartbeat" and "Manager with class and drive" blah blah blah b*ll*cks.I said from the start he''d ruin them. Now even I didn''t expect the car crash unfolding before our eyes to be quite so immediate, but isn''t it beautiful? [:D]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

When he took over at Sunderland, they were right near the bottom and he got them on a massive run and promotion. Not saying he will, but I very much doubt that they will be at the bottom come end of the season, shame.

[/quote]

Different circumstances. Sunderland had only just come down from the Premiership. their squad was still pretty much intact and with parachute money they still were able to pay good wages. Keane spent another £6m plus the subsequent high wage costs.

None of that applies now. The squad he inherited was nothing more than a mediocre championship squad at best. He''s hardly going to do much when he''s openly stated than some won''t play for the club again and he will listen to offers for most of the rest - albeit if it''s only to be loaned out. Some might suggest that could act as a motivation tool. I very much doubt it.

Whether there is the money to replace most of the squad is open to debate. Whether he has the ability to fire up a few who are currently out of favour and blend them into ''his'' team again, is another matter. And again, I very much doubt it.

Likewise will Clegg and co stomach a relegation battle ? Who will blink first ? Will they play safe and try to bring someone in or stick with the belief that Keane will eventually come good ?

No wins in 8 (cups included) ain''t good, nor is it a coincidence.

I almost feel sorry for the poor binners Wink [;)]

I gotta admit - I was one of the ones thinking that Keane was a good appointment for Ipswich, and that he''d do well, which was annoying at the time.

God I love being wrong sometimes! :D

I just hope we get to play them in the cup, by some freak chance, and knock them into a hat.

Long way to go yet, and they have to gel, just like City.  I would not start laughing just yet as egg could still be on your faces.  Lets worry about us and ignore them until its obvious they can''t go up?

[quote user="barclay46"]Yes, but Bobby Robson knew a thing or two about man management unlike his Irish namesake!!!![/quote]

Roy Robson ?  [:D]

Just had a look at their message boards (The Green ''Un)... it is like a grave yard, there are only a handful of people on there and every other comment is from the same guy!! I am sure in one of them he is actually arguing with himself!! Sad old lot!

OTBC!!!

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="barclay46"]Yes, but Bobby Robson knew a thing or two about man management unlike his Irish namesake!!!![/quote]

Roy Robson ?  [:D]

[/quote]

Bobby Keane?[8-)]

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]wish we had stuck with louie walsh aka super jim . easy to know afterwards though .[/quote]

I was surprised that you didn''t. Was never really certain as to why you ditched Burley really.

same reason as you got rid of worthington , hindsight is a wonderfull thing ! good luck for tonight , if you beat them it will put you in good stead for the season . speaking of stead , would you like him on loan ? please !

Getting rid of Worthington wasn''t a mistake, it was only a mistake it took an extra year to do... Worthy, for all his great achievements, had long since run out of ideas.