Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Chris Martin needs to start against MK Dons

Chris Martin is streets ahead of Jamie Cureton on present form and should start against MK Dons, and then be given a decent run to establish himself. I don''t think he''ll let anyone down and could go on to form a prolific goal scoring partnership with Holt.

He certainly wouldn''t do any worse than Cureton, but I would still back Cody ahead of Martin, because he has superior pace, is braver, less cocky, and has a better work-rate.

I don''t think that Martin has been cocky this year, he has matured a lot and I think he has a lot to give, he has a deft 1st touch and movement and a very good shot.

I Would Like To See McDonald Start And Get A Full 90 Minutes Under His Belt, But Not Bothered If Martin Does. As Long As One Of Them Does Instead Of Cureton!

Yep. Martin for me too. There have been a few threads on this subject so best not to regurgitate it all.Martin does have that little bit of extra class and hopefully is realising that hard work needs to go with it.  However, hard work can be added to any footballer''s game, natural ability can''t.If you could combine Cody''s effort and attitude with Martin''s readig of the game and finishing then we''d have one hell of a player.FAiling that we could always ask Mr Keane down the road since he seems to have a good eye for a footballer :P

[quote user="6088m canary"]Yep. Martin for me too. There have been a few threads on this subject so best not to regurgitate it all.
Martin does have that little bit of extra class and hopefully is realising that hard work needs to go with it.  However, hard work can be added to any footballer''s game, natural ability can''t.
If you could combine Cody''s effort and attitude with Martin''s readig of the game and finishing then we''d have one hell of a player.
FAiling that we could always ask Mr Keane down the road since he seems to have a good eye for a footballer :P
[/quote]

Cody just about pips him for me, but I haven''t seen Martin this season. I can see Cody never getting 90 minutes at this club and I am convinced he would score lots if given the time, but of course he came from Dartford so could not possibly be given the chances a "pro" like Cureton has. I think everyone would agree that Cody would score more than Cureton if he gets as many minutes in the next two years, as Cureton has until now.

If Cureton plays against the Franchise I will be seriously worried about our managers judgement.

We have to play Chris Martin... in his place, in his place! Were lines that he couldn''t change he was lost, oh yeah !!

Not that you will be at all surprised but it wont be Maric up top with Holt, just seen him wondering around the city like a lost puppy.