Sign in to follow this  
Yelverton Yella

Something to do on Sunday... (O/T)

I know this is off-topic so apologies to the Board Police- but it is in a good cause!

Many of us have been touched by cancer (I lost my mother to it) and may know something of the marvellous work of Macmillan Nurses in helping both the sufferer and their family.

As well as my support for NCFC, I also help out with Wymondham Rugby club and, on Sunday, from 10.30 a.m. at the ground in Tuttles Lane, we are holding a ''Funday'' to support Macmillan. We have raised over £16,000 over the last few years and hope to make that £20,000 this year. All money raised goes directly to Macmillan with the stipulation that it should be used to help Norfolk people.

Further details are here http://www.wymondhamrugby.com/index.php?id=584  and I defy anyone not to be moved by the story of Ollie, the youth player who had cancer and was saved by his brother''s bone marrow donation.

If you can get to Wymondham on Sunday, do come and support this event and have some fun (The beer is good too!) [:D]

I know that you have your own worthy charities up there however, it would be wrong of me not to mention the fund below which is supported in great numbers and continues to do terrific work. If'' you could afford anything, no matter how small, please go to the internet address below. Thank you.Andy.  Stephanie Moore MBE established the Bobby Moore Fund, in partnership with Cancer Research UK, in 1993.

The Fund was set up in memory of Stephanie''s late husband, footballer Bobby Moore OBE, who sadly died from bowel cancer, aged just 51.

Our research into bowel cancer

The Bobby Moore Fund raises money for research into bowel cancer and also public awareness of the disease.

To date the Bobby Moore Fund has raised over £12 million for dedicated bowel cancer research. The funds are spent on high-quality bowel cancer research

carried out by leading scientists working across the UK. The money

raised to date has funded over 36 Bobby Moore Research Fellowships and

three additional research projects.

Our events

Since 1993, the Bobby Moore Fund has gone from strength to strength and

now raises over £1 million each year through a variety of fundraising events attended by our celebrity supporters.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/bobbymoorefund/aboutus/

Thanks to the mods. for pinning this post and to everybody who has taken the trouble to read it. Hope to see you all there tomorrow (are you playing jonnypncfc?). Apparently, I am manning the car park first thing and on the PA microphone during the main match if you want to make yourself known to me!''Barclay seats'', Jane was a great supporter of the club and very well liked by everyone who knew her- a sad loss indeed. I believe the Jane Icke Memorial match tomorrow will see a Wymondham youth side, including her son Kris, play Lowestoft &Yarmouth.

Just a note to say thank you to anyone who turned up at Wymondham yesterday. I am delighted to say that we raised a total of £6724.29 which will go straight to Macmillan nurses to help cancer sufferers and their families in Norfolk.Thanks once again [:D]

Hello yella...i did not realise it was you on the pa...or i would have said HI !  I was standing quite close at one time. It was a good day , and nice to see Chris and his Dad holding the trophy after the match. Keep up the good work......:)