Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

watching mondays game

Five of the top six are currently drawing which means we can close the gap with a nice win if it remains that way !!!  

[quote user="Brendan"]Probably listen to it. Might find somewhere to watch it, but dont mind listening [:)][/quote]I hate listening..... commentators know nothing, and are annoying, i would rather watch it with no sound on.....

[quote user="shefcanary"]watching it in the pomona, eccy rd, sheff - hope to see the usual good NCFC turn-out![/quote]

I''m going to the game, but just for future reference Shef Canary is usually the place to go when Norwich are on tv in Sheffield??

In the pub for me - I would think it''s a fairly safe bet the Trafford Arms will be showing it.I was going to go until Sky, in their infinite wisdom, decided to change it.

I will be watching on sky but listening on radio Norfolk cause the sky commentators are crap. Unless its the premier league they dont give a shite

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]watching it in the pomona, eccy rd, sheff - hope to see the usual good NCFC turn-out![/quote]

I''m going to the game, but just for future reference Shef Canary is usually the place to go when Norwich are on tv in Sheffield??

[/quote]

Erm I think you were asking where is the best place to go to watch in Sheff?

Too many times recently I have found a reluctance for Pubs/Bars to put a Norwich match on if there is another on at the same time (we have dropped right down the pecking order).

The Pomona though has a two box system, which also allows for commentary to be heard from both matches, which I have not found elsewhere in Sheff (usually even where there is a 2 box, only one commentary can be heard in the larger bars cos they play it over the sound system and it ain''t usually the game involving Norwich!).

In term time you can usually guarantee at least 20 City fans in there (usually with colours). The recent Sunderland match it was down to 3 but that might have been due to holidays season as well! I also go as it is the nearest to where I live.

I know you have tried Player''s Bar on West St, I haven''t yet, how was that?

My eldest has lived and worked on Ecclesall Road for the last few years and uses The Pomona (as well as most bars in Sheffield it seems) from time to time. Have texted him to suggest popping in tomorrow night as he''s city through and through. You can''t miss him if he does drop in as he''s 6''7" tall.

Does anyone know if there''ll be a stream online so us exiles can watch? It would mean I have to get up at 3 am but it''s worth it for the mighty yellows!

I need some help, obviously want to watch the game, but have a meeting at 7.30pm this evening... SODS LAW!!

What should I do..

1   Throw a sicky and got to the pub

2   Take a radio into the meeting and listen to it

3   Get my brother to Sky+ the game and watch it at his after.

4   Throw a sicky and go to my brothers

Answer 1,2,3 or 4 for a poll for what I should do...

[quote user="B-ru"]

I need some help, obviously want to watch the game, but have a meeting at 7.30pm this evening... SODS LAW!!

What should I do..

1   Throw a sicky and got to the pub

2   Take a radio into the meeting and listen to it

3   Get my brother to Sky+ the game and watch it at his after.

4   Throw a sicky and go to my brothers

Answer 1,2,3 or 4 for a poll for what I should do...

[/quote]

Send a copy of this and the replies to your employer and let him decide.[:D]

Thanks Cam, it is a charity festival that I am involved with this evening. So not work related. I have already submitted my work/report to the administrator so I suppose she could summarise and read it out for me.

Probably gonna go watch in the mischief. Anyone got any better ideas? There is a massive screen decent pub.

Just wandered where the rest of you were going?

Just to let you all know that the crisis has been overted!!

The Chairman is a city fan and has moved the meeting to the 21st!! Good Lad!!

As i have walked out of my job today! [thank f**k], don''t have to get up at 4am. Got 16 cans in, telly''s warmed up and ready to go!. OTBC

At the Brentwood Center Sports Bar tonight,

was gutted when my 6-a-side game coincided with the city game so I couldn''t go, but the fact I don''t kick off till 10pm means I can watch it! so a good second choice :-D