Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Everton apology petition sign it

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Big Bad John"]The link isn''t working for me.
[/quote]

Look at the date. ;o)
[/quote] signed  , they do owe us an apology for that , been going to games on n off since 1974 and never heard any racist stuff from our lot but have heard it directed at our lot back in the 70s n 80s , remember one game particularly when justin fashanu got t big time from coventry lot and also against chelsea n everton too

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="Big Bad John"]The link isn''t working for me.[/quote]Look at the date. ;o)[/quote][Y]Haha, oh dear, been caught out by that one again...

Food for thought this little episode eh Mr Ross! Not nice when the boot is on the other foot!

"That is a wholly false allegation and I really would like him to retract that allegation and apologise to the supporters and staff of this football club," said Ian Ross, Everton''s director of communications, in response to the allegations of banana‑throwing. "I don''t think there''s a worse allegation in modern sport than racism and it works both ways. At the moment, and from my perspective, it looks like Mr Diouf is accusing Everton fans of racist behaviour.

"The police will tell you that is completely untrue and in such circumstances we would expect him to apologise and retract his allegations. They are completely groundless. We find them offensive and a lot of our supporters have been in touch with the club to say that they find them offensive."

Apologize for what? What the hell have Everton got to do with us....? Sorry, I''m probably too young. But I don''t understand this thread - or why it''s come up now. Can anybody explain? [:D]

[quote user="norwich hooligans"]

1/.Goodison Park 2004.. Norwich supporters (maybe only a few hundred) DiD
sing "you black b-----d" at Joseph Yobo, the reason there has not been
more of an uproar by Evertonians is that they couldn''t believe their ears, literally! I was on the opposite side of the ground and I and my fellow supporters just looked
in amazement at each other.. but we all knew what we heard..
,[/quote]

It was ''You fat barstad'' - and it was to Wayne Rooney. Get over it, realise you were wrong, and shut up.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="norwich hooligans"]1/.Goodison Park 2004.. Norwich supporters (maybe only a few hundred) DiDsing "you black b-----d" at Joseph Yobo, the reason there has not beenmore of an uproar by Evertonians is that they couldn''t believe their ears, literally! I was on the opposite side of the ground and I and my fellow supporters just lookedin amazement at each other.. but we all knew what we heard..,[/quote]

It was ''You fat barstad'' - and it was to Wayne Rooney. Get over it, realise you were wrong, and shut up.

[/quote]was this all in the Prem year? Rooney was at Manure then because it was he who was tackled by Safri for McKenzie''s goal

I emailed him at ian.ross@evertonfc.com earlier.His reply "Enjoy division one."What a professional.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="norwich hooligans"]1/.Goodison Park 2004.. Norwich supporters (maybe only a few hundred) DiDsing "you black b-----d" at Joseph Yobo, the reason there has not beenmore of an uproar by Evertonians is that they couldn''t believe their ears, literally! I was on the opposite side of the ground and I and my fellow supporters just lookedin amazement at each other.. but we all knew what we heard..,[/quote]

[/quote]was this all in the Prem year? Rooney was at Manure then because it was he who was tackled by Safri for McKenzie''s goal [/quote]No, this was an FA Cup clash in our promotion season. Finished 3-1 to Everton, but it was a fairly fortuitous scoreline for them. I was in the crowd and it was blatantly obvious that it was "You fat bastard", so obvious I don''t even know why I am confirming it as everybody with any brain cells knows that this is the case. Everton deserve the probably false accusations of racism. Karma ;) W**kers.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Good Evening Neil"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]was this all in the Prem year? Rooney was at Manure then because it was he who was tackled by Safri for McKenzie''s goal [/quote]No, this was an FA Cup clash in our promotion season. Finished 3-1 to Everton, but it was a fairly fortuitous scoreline for them. I was in the crowd and it was blatantly obvious that it was "You fat bastard", so obvious I don''t even know why I am confirming it as everybody with any brain cells knows that this is the case. Everton deserve the probably false accusations of racism. Karma ;) W**kers.[/quote]ah fair play [:)] but like someone else said look at the date when that guy joined [;)]

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]was this all in the Prem year? Rooney was at Manure then because it was he who was tackled by Safri for McKenzie''s goal [/quote]No, this was an FA Cup tie the season before... the date of the original post kinda gives that away [;)]I immediately thought of this little incident when I heard about Everton''s demanding an apology the other day...Somebody should urge Mr McNally to point out the hypocrisy and ensure that if Everton want an apology from Blackburn, then they should be willing to give one themselves, even if it is 5 years too late....

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]can someone explain to me what happened please?
[/quote]

In an FA Cup tie at Goodison in `04 Yobo fouled one of our players right in front of the City fans (I was about 6 rows from the front), the ref gave a freekick which Rooney aggressively contested in the face of the ref- again right in front of the City fans- who responded with a chorus of "You fat bas***d" at Rooney.  The Everton press officer and a handful of fans sitting on the other side of the stadium decided that we`d been singing "You black bas***d" at Yobo and went very public about it after the game.  The response from Yobo and the majority of Evertonians i seem to remember was an embarrassed silence, plus a few admissions that the chant had been misheard from the other side of the ground. 

Of course once these arrogant people had made such a controversial public statement there was no way their huge ego`s would allow them to backtrack so we were basically "guilty until proven innocent", all because of a few people who either can`t hear properly or, more likely, "heard" what they half expected to hear and decided to to make a fuss about it to get their name in the papers...

[quote user="riers"]I emailed him at ian.ross@evertonfc.com earlier.

His reply "Enjoy division one."

What a professional.

[/quote]

Wouldn''t surprise me. I totally detest that club for so many reasons and at so many levels.