Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Everton apology petition sign it

We have set up an online petition, requesting an apology from Everton FC, if you like me feel strongly about this please sign, also if you know else you can tell, please tell them. If there is anyone you know who feels the same and haven''t got internet access, please get their permission to sign on their behalf. We do not want stupid or false signatures. We will be placing this post on as many sites as possible, including other clubs sites, for all to see...Finally when the petition is closed, it will be sent to Everton FC, and various bodies of the media.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ncfc/petition.html

For what it''s worth, I don''t think that an apology which has to be dragged out of someone is worth anything anyway. We know all we need to know about Everton FC now.

Thanxy you my child ... :o) bless you ..yea he was great in the seventies too being much to quick to get the posts with the news of the petition..it should have read "and seventies"..

Light a candle to my name...lololololololol

It is all the more important to get the word around about the petition. I was just an article on the Pink Main page and found this quote from Everton..

And a spokesman for Everton today confirmed they were not considering issuing any sort of apology. He said: "That''s it as far as we''re concerned. We have nothing else to say on the matter."

I would just like to add a small note about the press articles about the petition. It is a joint effort by myself and fellow admin of the carrowroad site. Who goes under the name worthyspecial and U4E on other messageboards. Also we are co founders of the Disabled Supporters Assoication.. and I am not a chairman..I wouldn''t know how to be one... I add this to give my partner his deserved credit also.

kenny Foggo aka gordo

Could I perhaps suggest that in addition to signing the petition to post a few "gentle" messages in different threads to get the point across on the Everton FC Message Board. I''m off to try and find it now myself...............

I''m an Everton supporter of many years standing(too many) I think..
and I was at three games involving Everton & Norwich, 2004 at
Goodison Park, 1989 Villa Park and 1987 Carrow Road...
The following DID HAPPEN...

1/.Goodison Park 2004.. Norwich supporters (maybe only a few hundred) DiD
sing "you black b-----d" at Joseph Yobo, the reason there has not been
more of an uproar by Evertonians is that they couldn''t believe their ears, literally! I was on the opposite side of the ground and I and my fellow supporters just looked
in amazement at each other.. but we all knew what we heard..

2/.Villa Park 1989, whilst tragic matters at Hillsborough where unfolding (to which
everything else pails).. Norwich supporters at the end of the semi final, kicked down
the adjoining terrace door at the top of the Holt End and charged at the Evertonians
making their way out of the ground, only the fact that a group of Evertonians stood their ground and chased the Norwich supporters back onto their side of the terrace did no one sustain any serious injury...

3/. Carrow Road 1987.. Virtually all through the game Norwich supporters threw bottles,cans,coins into the Everton section of the ground, fights broke out wherever
the 2 sets of supporters where not kept apart inside the ground, and then after the
game, cars full of Evertonians where bricked, the van I and my friends travelled down in was attacked whilst we drove through the city centre....

So...I suggest you get off your crying, whingeing, high horse and accept the critiscism
as rightly reported... PS.. someone mentioned racist chanting/throwing things at the
recent Fulham game by Evertonians.. well it seems Boa Morte is up on an incitement
charge brought by the FA ,,I quote.."24 Jan - Luis Boa Morte could face FA action concerning the infamous ''lighter that missed by a mile'' incident at Loftus Road earlier this month. A police spokesman has suggested that Boa Morte could have incited the Blues fans with obscene gestures". Now we Evertonians aren''t angels we have our fair share of idiots just like all other clubs, but unlike other clubs we don''t sweep things under the carpet, we try and do something about it!!

And to think, on the football side we actually like Norwich football club!

Well. I hope after reading this you take time to reflect and do the decent thing,
let it rest, it''s gone, you had a good day out, a few of your supporters erred,
no big deal..

Good luck in the promotion battle, maybe we''ll see you again at the ''Grand ole Lady''
called Goodison Park next season...

A concerned Blueblood,

I think you''ll find mate that just about every club had a hooligan problem in the late eighties, nobody will deny that we had our problems just the same as any other club did. However any stupidity like that is long gone at our club, I sit in the Barclay stand at Carrow road (our liveliest, noisiest stand, sorry snake pit blokes!!) with my 6 year old son next to me and I have never heard anything rascist or offensive enough to make me concerned about him being there! You are obviously clutching at straws if you have to look back 15 years to dig up examples of our alleged thuggery, which in itself seems tame when stood beside the likes of chelsea and leeds fans slashing each other with razor blades etc. There was a recent incident at Carrow road where a fan chanted at Bradford "you''re just a town full of pakis" and other fans reported him to stewards and police action was taken, we do not tolerate his type at this ground. If we even suspected that we may have rascsist elements here do you think we would be taking this so seriously and pushing so hard for an apology, video has been watched, BBC recordings listened to, police consulted and there is no evidence whatsoever of this alleged chanting. So you were on the opposite side of the ground, pretty far away, hundreds of fans would have to be chanting for you to hear it but the police and the BBC couldn''t, mmmmmm, sorry mate ,I''m not convinced.

Bit odd this evertonian''s ''defence''

What are we to make of it m''lud ?

Rather than a questioning comment stunned evertonian''s just looked at each other in amazement at something they heard from the other end of the ground. No asking each other whether they were hearing the same. No reply, no catcalls, no whistling or booing - just silent amazement.

Such was the shock of this alledged racist chant that these self proclaimed long standing fans were stunned into silence.

That somebody who has been on the recieving end of charging fans, bottles, coins, cans, vehicle attacks should come through it all only to be so shocked by a bit of chanting rather beggars belief.

If it was because such alleged chanting is now so out of context in todays game why then refer to another time when such sensibilities did not exist ?

Though maybe our ''lovable scouser'' might wish to reflect upon the behaviour of both sets of merseyside fans then perhaps he might ask himself whether the violence he witnessed was no more than a response to that behaviour.

Maybe he might like to also reflect on Evertonians deplorable record in relation to black players.

Blueblood you sound like some aged Ronnie Biggs who has misplaced something and so accuses someone else on the assumption that everyone else is a thieving git like himself.

I suggest you put your own house in order before coming on here. That could start with apologising for getting it wrong.

Mistakes happen, sadly you seem intent only on compounding this error by trying to shift the blame from yourselves.

Pity the honourable words coming aren''t that audible, because if " maybe only a few hundred " were to speak out maybe " me and my fellow supporters (would) just look
in amazement at each other "

A few hundred would make enough noise for a senior police officer sitting not far from me hear, the same officer who applauded our fans...for their good humoured nature.

sorry my friend from everton I will take the same line as Ian Ross etc.. I will not back down. until a deserved apology is heard eminating from the coridoors of Goodiston Park..

One might think that writing such well presented and articulated TOSH was worthy of someone who works within Corporate PR but is slightly biased towards an already lost argument. However just as you jump to the conclusion that this response from and Evertonian "Blueblood" you realise two very important things.
1. Mr Ian Ross is not and never will be a "blueblood" he is just an employee doing a job very badly.
2. The emails myself and others have received from Mr Ian Ross are anything but well presented and articulate.

One is reminded of the intellect of some footballers as represented by Gary Megson in that I wonder if Ian Ross does resign whether he would spell his name right on the letter!!

Just a few points to add in our defence ''m''ud''..
I do find a little objectional the rather condescending description of me as
a ''lovable scouser'', is the description in itself just a little ''racist''?, and please
do not think I''m making light of the ''race'' issue but being a scouser I have been
subjected to the most vile slurs on my character at football matches, on holiday,
in my work life etc just for being born in the city of Liverpool.

The main point of my reply is that the incidents I described where not ''TOSH'' they
happened, the slur on Everton Football Clubs attitude towards black players does
not stand close scrutiny, if it was a racist club how come they had a black player
in the late sixties, early seventies (Cliff Marshall), how come Ian Wright stated that
Everton where one of the few clubs he would have left Arsenal for. The same
Ian Wright who was not shy in coming forward with his comments on racial issues.
It seems just a little absurd to accuse Everton Football Club of being racist
when it is their player who has suffered the insult!.. It may have been Joseph Yobo
himself (but could easily have been one of a number of black Everton players) who
stated in the press that they had heard Everton was a racist club until his investigations
proved otherwise.

Sticks and stones are being thrown at each other here, but we all know that when
a scouser is accused he is immediatley thought guilty and when he is the accuser
he is a liar or he must have misheard. Well this scouser is not a liar and did not
mishear.

Best regards.

Blueblood

Writing as someone with decidedly "dodgey" ears I have to say I find it incredible that anyone can claim with absolute certainty to have heard a particular word being chanted by what is claimed to be "a few hundred" supporters amongst a chant being made by what I would say was definitely "a few thousand" supporters chanting something else.

It appears that everyone is agreed that the majority of City supporters were chanting "fat" so how can you (Blueblood) state on oath that you heard some chanting "black" in amongst a much much louder "fat"?

The simple answer is that you can''t as indeed no one could pick out from the audio tapes of the match.

It is pretty obvious from all the comments on the various boards, letters to the paper, petitions etc that if it came to a battle of "witness statements" that the "several" Everton have would be countered by "thousands" that Norwich could obtain.

Therefore the "witness statements" - yours included are worthless, now produce real evidence or leave the defence of this ridiculous claim alone and join us in asking for what is only common courtesy in these days of better behaved football, a simple apology.

Good post smiler. I must admit i cant be bothered to argue with such ignorance any more, i reckon its just `Greg Norman` on the wind-up again anyway.
Just one point though Blueblood, if you are so concerned and hurt about peoples impressions of scousers being a bit thick and confrontational, why do you come on other clubs message-boards perpetuating the stereotype??

[:O]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/24/el-hadji-diouf-racism-blackburn-everton

Everton have urged El-Hadji Diouf to apologise and retract his claim that he was subjected to racial abuse during Blackburn Rovers'' 3-0 defeat at Goodison Park on Sunday. Diouf, who is at the centre of a Merseyside Police investigation over allegations that he made a racist remark to a 14-year-old ball-boy in the same match, said after the final whistle that Everton supporters had thrown bananas at him. He also said that "the referee told me he would report this to the police".

However, no evidence has been found to support Diouf''s claims and Merseyside Police has confirmed that its inquiry relates to allegations against the former Liverpool player, prompting Everton to demand that the Senegal international issues an apology.

"That is a wholly false allegation and I really would like him to retract that allegation and apologise to the supporters and staff of this football club," said Ian Ross, Everton''s director of communications, in response to the allegations of banana‑throwing. "I don''t think there''s a worse allegation in modern sport than racism and it works both ways. At the moment, and from my perspective, it looks like Mr Diouf is accusing Everton fans of racist behaviour.

"The police will tell you that is completely untrue and in such circumstances we would expect him to apologise and retract his allegations. They are completely groundless. We find them offensive and a lot of our supporters have been in touch with the club to say that they find them offensive."

Obviously I''m very, very, very biased and was not at the game - I''ve basically tied a noose for myself there - but I really cannot believe there were any Norwich fans involved in any racist chanting particularly enough to be heard quite clearly from the opposite end of a football stadium.

I think in fifteen years of going to games at Carrow Road and a couple away, I have never once heard any ''racist'' (i.e. based on skin colour and not merely regionalised) chanting, shouting or even muttering.

With regards to Blue Blood''s statement on being penalised for being a Scouser, every single time I tell someone I''m from Norfolk, I get farmer/inbred/thicko jibes and don''t really care.

I was at the FA cup game, and we were chanting " You fat ba*%$rd at Wayne Rooney not racist chants at Joseph Yobo, i had an email war with Ian Ross and that man is an arrogant prick, henious, hideous man whom i have no time for and would really like to meet one day.....