Sign in to follow this  
Metatron

Foster should have saved the free kick...

..anyone else think so?

He was way too far to the right of his goal - it was clear where the ball was going.

Shame, as he was did ok for the rest of the game.

[quote user="Metatron"]..anyone else think so? He was way too far to the right of his goal - it was clear where the ball was going. Shame, as he was did ok for the rest of the game.[/quote]

Not a hope in hell.

as a keeper you have to stand that side and hope the wall does its job. you just have to let that go as it was just a very good freekick.

I thought that at the time... he looks to big resulting in a lack of agility... he took a whole host of steps to his left and toppled over like a tree. Gave him a BIG area of aim for also.

[quote user="Metatron"]..anyone else think so? He was way too far to the right of his goal - it was clear where the ball was going. Shame, as he was did ok for the rest of the game.[/quote]

Exactly what I thought. As soon as I saw him standing there and straight away said this is a goal.

So you''re saying he should stand behind the wall? What''s it there for then? I''d be more than happy on the little I''ve seen to sign Forster permanently.

To be honest that was a great free kick. I''m more concerned by how obvious he made it that he was going right on the penno. That said, green used to dive very late and didn''t save any! What do I know eh?

Lets Place You In Goal, Then You Can Judge!

He gets payed a lot of money for a reason. Good free kick but i thought he could have done better.

Before the free kick was taken, I thought Forster was too close to his far post and given that the ball was far from being in the postage stamp, I think he could''ve done better with it. His dive was a tad unorthodox I thought.

And they call me potty![:S]

"So you''re saying he should stand behind the wall?"

Nope, I am saying he should have stood one to two steps further to his left and he would have reached it (he wasn''t that far off).

I agree he''s a good keeper. Just slightly frustrating when you can see what''s going to happen.

[quote user="canaryjock"]Before the free kick was taken, I thought Forster was too close to his far post and given that the ball was far from being in the postage stamp, I think he could''ve done better with it. His dive was a tad unorthodox I thought.[/quote]

As was their keepers save for Holts header :S !

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Not a hope in hell.

[/quote] Although he DID get across but then missed the ball which went over his hand

Couldn''t blame him for the free kick, but he did commit himself too early for the penalty, he was three foot off his line and to the left before the man even kicked it ! Left the shooter bags of space to score the other side .

thought that as soon as he took it thats a goal

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]It was a nicely placed kick but I think he could have got closer to it - seemed to have set himself up a yard too far to the right of his goal.[/quote]

And they call me potty![:S]