Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

If Gunn was so wrong for the manager's job

They kept cocking up big decisions so they brought in somebody who wouldn''t cock them up. He saw the manager was cocking it up and got rid of him. I think it''s probably that simple.

[quote user="whoareyou"]..why the hell was he ever appointed in the first place? It just shows how inept DS, MWJ and Doomcaster were/are![/quote]

Good question and I can''t really disagree with the second part of the post.

What emerged at yesterday''s NCISA meeting was that David McNally was instrumental in sacking Bryan Gunn and had the b*lls to stand up to the majority shareholders to do so. He said last night that the Board held a meeting two days before the Exeter match to discuss the manager''s position. It is obvious that the Chief Executive suggested that Gunn''s position was untenable, as, with regards to the sacking, he said to his fellow Board members, " This is what you must do ". 

Perhaps things are looking up at last.....

certainly suggests unambiguously that McNally was the driving force behind the sacking

nice to have a chief exec with some balls at last

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="whoareyou"]..why the hell was he ever appointed in the first place? It just shows how inept DS, MWJ and Doomcaster were/are![/quote]

What emerged at yesterday''s NCISA meeting was that David McNally was instrumental in sacking Bryan Gunn and had the b*lls to stand up to the majority shareholders to do so. He said last night that the Board held a meeting two days before the Exeter match to discuss the manager''s position. It is obvious that the Chief Executive suggested that Gunn''s position was untenable, as, with regards to the sacking, he said to his fellow Board members, " This is what you must do ". 

[/quote]

Indeed.... So who was instrumental in appointing McNally[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]He fell out of a Christmas Cracker.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He fell out of a Christmas Cracker.

[/quote]

That explains it...

I wonder if Gunny was pulling it at the time [:$]

Shack[:^)].........

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That explains it...

I wonder if Gunny was pulling it at the time [:$]

Shack[:^)].........

[;)]

[/quote]

Dear Nutty,

I have passed your query on to Zippers Left Foot who has been appointed as my solicitor in view of the pending libel case which is being brought against me. He has advised my to make no further comment until the trial.

Lots of love. Shack.

P.S. Have you ever pulled your cracker so hard that it causes the contents of said cracker to explode in your co-pullers face. You have to have really stong wrists to do it I think. The sort of strong wrists that could have been developed from a lifetime of playing a sport where the position you played in meant you had to use your hands a lot I guess.

[;)][;)][;)][;)][:D][:D][:D]

The reason Gunn was made manager is because he was mates with Delia, Michael, Roger and Neil Doncaster. It was all a friend thing. They got too close. It took someone like McNally to mix things up and start to move us in the correct direction.

I''ve said it before and i''l say it again, of all the new faces to join this club over the summer McNally was the most important.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]They kept cocking up big decisions so they brought in somebody who wouldn''t cock them up. He saw the manager was cocking it up and got rid of him. I think it''s probably that simple.[/quote]

Yes, simples. Blimey, if you believe all the tripe that''s been printed today then you are completely naive. The expression "he would say that wouldn''t he ?" comes to mind. Do you think Gunn has any right of reply ? Of course not, no doubt his pay-off required him to sign a confidentiality clause so he can''t respond to the allegations made about him. Even if any of it was true why say it anyway ? What a nasty, unpleasant way to treat a longtime servant of our club. It reflects badly on McNasty (and the club) that he should come out and publicly badmouth Gunn in the way that he has as justification of his actions. Not only that but to suggest some sort of  honourable behaviour because he caught a plane to Exeter and told Gunn to his face that he was sacked is really rich and, frankly, pathetic. It was the flipping least he could have done. What would have been honourable is if the "Board" had given Gunn the opportunity of presenting his case/position to them to their faces instead of skulking behind his back and deciding to fire him. I have to say that I have never felt so uncomfortable about the club that I have supported for so many years as I do today.

[quote user="Lambo"]I''ve said it before and i''l say it again, of all the new faces to join this club over the summer McNally was the most important.[/quote]

Well, he certainly believes it, that''s for sure. Yes, the appointment of a new MD was a significant step. I know what I think of him but of course it''s not in harmony with the majority of you on here. We shall discover how good a choice he and his appointment of  Lambert was in the fullness of time.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]They kept cocking up big decisions so they brought in somebody who wouldn''t cock them up. He saw the manager was cocking it up and got rid of him. I think it''s probably that simple.[/quote]

Yes, simples. Blimey, if you believe all the tripe that''s been printed today then you are completely naive. The expression "he would say that wouldn''t he ?" comes to mind. Do you think Gunn has any right of reply ? Of course not, no doubt his pay-off required him to sign a confidentiality clause so he can''t respond to the allegations made about him. Even if any of it was true why say it anyway ? What a nasty, unpleasant way to treat a longtime servant of our club. It reflects badly on McNasty (and the club) that he should come out and publicly badmouth Gunn in the way that he has as justification of his actions. Not only that but to suggest some sort of  honourable behaviour because he caught a plane to Exeter and told Gunn to his face that he was sacked is really rich and, frankly, pathetic. It was the flipping least he could have done. What would have been honourable is if the "Board" had given Gunn the opportunity of presenting his case/position to them to their faces instead of skulking behind his back and deciding to fire him. I have to say that I have never felt so uncomfortable about the club that I have supported for so many years as I do today.

[/quote]

Mr McNally was asked a straight question and surprise surprise we actually had someone from the club give a straight answer.

If BG refutes the reasons then, as it is now in "the common domain" then no doubt we will hear from him through the media. He still seems to appear in our papers daily.

I do not know if you attended last night, if so you would have heard the whole question and answer and not just a press precise of it and therefore why McNally stated what he did.

Your support of Byran Bob does you nothing but credit, but the evidence of the fact of his lack of management ability is undeniable.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[/quote]

Mr McNally was asked a straight question and surprise surprise we actually had someone from the club give a straight answer.

If BG refutes the reasons then, as it is now in "the common domain" then no doubt we will hear from him through the media. He still seems to appear in our papers daily.

I do not know if you attended last night, if so you would have heard the whole question and answer and not just a press precise of it and therefore why McNally stated what he did.

Your support of Byran Bob does you nothing but credit, but the evidence of the fact of his lack of management ability is undeniable.

[/quote]

I had given up trying to defend Gunn''s ability as a manager because it was ultimately pointless (because of the strength of feeling against him on  here) and the time really does arrive when you have to move on. What''s most important is the good of this club. However, my anger over Gunn''s treatment was rekindled by what I read on the Pink Un today. I didn''t attend the meeting last night because I live 250 miles away so obviously not possible. All I would add is that often in life I''m asked a straight question and I know that a straight answer will cause unnecessary hurt so I try and answer with some care and tact. Gunn was a longtime and very loyal servant of this club. He continues to be held in great affection by very many fans despite the minority on here who have been at time unbelievably unpleasant about him. Given this, I believe that McNally could have responded to the straight question with more care and sensitivity than he did. It is time to move on and IMO McNally''s apparently lengthy explanation of the reasons for Gunn''s sacking has only served to re-open unhealed wounds. Finally, if it is the case that Gunn was obliged to sign a confidentiality clause preventing him from ever speaking about the severance then I think it reflects very poorly on the club that they allowed one of their officials to criticize Gunn so comprehensively and publicly. If it is true that Gunn''s hands have been tied then frankly it''s not very honourable to give him a "kicking".

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

What emerged at yesterday''s NCISA meeting was that David McNally was instrumental in sacking Bryan Gunn and had the b*lls to stand up to the majority shareholders to do so.[/quote]

Rather missing the point a little there as it was them that ok''d his appointment in the first place - something that McNally would not have agreed to had he not have been given assurances of a free hand and the backing of the board.His contract would, I suggest, be heavily loaded towards success and in his view the Gunn set up was not up to the job. Not up to achieving those aims. Whether the sacking was due to the rumoured internal bust ups (or not) and whether last night''s explanation was reasoned justification after the event - or the cause of that dismisal is again debatable. What is not debatable is that drastic action has been taken - and more will need to be taken as the season progresses.We are fortunate. The club is still pretty open (witness last night) and there is still the sense that it belongs to us - we don''t have a secret owner nor some consortium hell bent on filling their pockets by flogging off the ground and other assets.Likewise the club is fortunate in the sense of it having a tremendous fan base - wonderful supporters who have turned out in even greater numbers as each year has gone by (and, ironically as we have slipped further down the football ladder).So Delia, McNally and Lambert  " Let''s be ''avin ya "  cos none of us are happy in the old 3rd Division and it''s your turn now to deliver !

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

What emerged at yesterday''s NCISA meeting was that David McNally was instrumental in sacking Bryan Gunn and had the b*lls to stand up to the majority shareholders to do so.[/quote]

Rather missing the point a little there as it was them that ok''d his appointment in the first place - something that McNally would not have agreed to had he not have been given assurances of a free hand and the backing of the board.

His contract would, I suggest, be heavily loaded towards success and in his view the Gunn set up was not up to the job. Not up to achieving those aims. Whether the sacking was due to the rumoured internal bust ups (or not) and whether last night''s explanation was reasoned justification after the event - or the cause of that dismisal is again debatable. What is not debatable is that drastic action has been taken - and more will need to be taken as the season progresses.

We are fortunate. The club is still pretty open (witness last night) and there is still the sense that it belongs to us - we don''t have a secret owner nor some consortium hell bent on filling their pockets by flogging off the ground and other assets.

Likewise the club is fortunate in the sense of it having a tremendous fan base - wonderful supporters who have turned out in even greater numbers as each year has gone by (and, ironically as we have slipped further down the football ladder).

So Delia, McNally and Lambert  " Let''s be ''avin ya "  cos none of us are happy in the old 3rd Division and it''s your turn now to deliver !
[/quote]

Fair post. My only concern is that it is one thing the club being open and transparent but, from what i read, McNally was asked a question and when he replied he didn''t stop talking. The phrase "too much information" comes to mind. Gunn is a legend and my opinion is that it would have been wise and sensible for any club official, especially one who is new to the club, to take cognizance of that fact.  

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me thinks you are too easily pleased

There is no detail just a ton of waffle high level guff No actual specific points or issues stated

Most certainly will have tied Gunn''s hands with what he is allowed to stay

Its a job to McNally who i think wants to make a name for himself and Norwich are a stepping stone

Will he care after hes gone But we will still support Norwich

[/quote]

The "confidentiallity clause" point is interesting.  I suppose you have some evidence rather than this load of bluster.  If only part of what seems to be coming out of Carrow Road are true about how Gunn conducted affairs as manager then this is a "nasty, unpleasant way to treat" lifelong supporters of this club who have been shockingly short-changed by this shambles.  The only thing that I can see that is "frankly pathetic" is the way that team affairs were being dealt with by our former manager.  What has been revealed puts some of the insipid performances of our team last season and the first game this season into context.  Thankfully we now seem to have someone at the top who can run things more effectively than what we had before and a manager who actually knows what he is doing and is beginning to get our players functioning as a team.  

Leaving aside the emotions for a moment Norwich have not yet handed over any money to BG so whether it comes with a confidentiality clause is probably yet to be decided.  If he''s got any sense the negotiations are being conducted by a lawyer. 

One small point.  Mr McNally''s statement that you are working to resolve the compensation dispute came as a complete shock to Colchester''s owner who says on the record in public that since your first unacceptable offer Colchester have heard nothing at all - hence issue of formal seven day notice letter from solicitor which he wouldn''t have known about.

The unanswered question centres on exactly when McNally''s tipping point occurred because he would have been central to arranging the purchase of Gunn''s players contracted after he came in..............

[:|]

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[/quote]

The "confidentiallity clause" point is interesting.  I suppose you have some evidence rather than this load of bluster.  If only part of what seems to be coming out of Carrow Road are true about how Gunn conducted affairs as manager then this is a "nasty, unpleasant way to treat" lifelong supporters of this club who have been shockingly short-changed by this shambles.  The only thing that I can see that is "frankly pathetic" is the way that team affairs were being dealt with by our former manager.  What has been revealed puts some of the insipid performances of our team last season and the first game this season into context.  Thankfully we now seem to have someone at the top who can run things more effectively than what we had before and a manager who actually knows what he is doing and is beginning to get our players functioning as a team.  

[/quote]There is a flaw in the argument that McNally shouldn''t have gone public

with the reasons behind Gunn''s dismissal because Gunn is bound by a

confidentiality clause.The flaw is that - if there is such a clause - then Gunn doesn''t seem to have felt himself bound by it."I still feel that I could have done a good job there with the

squad, with the coaching staff that we had, but that''s not to be any

more. The fact that I was backed throughout the summer in terms of the

signings that we made - some quality signings as well who will do well

for the football club - leaves a little bitter taste in the mouth.”If

he had wanted the club to remain silent then he should himself have

stayed silent rather than going on Sky Sports to attack the

decision to sack him.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If

he had wanted the club to remain silent then he should himself have

stayed silent rather than going on Sky Sports to attack the

decision to sack him.[/quote]Quite right and if Gunny still hasn''t received any money from the club as Cam states he''s likely to find any proposed deal has been heavily compromised by this sort of behaviour.Personally I think that Gunn has two choices now:1) Waive any compensatory package in return for a long term place back in the ranks of the club as before.2) Hold out for a payoff then find a job elsewhere.The circumstances of his dismissal will probably make option 1 much more difficult than if he had walked but it''s hardly a long list of options for him to consider.

I had given up trying to defend Gunn''s ability as a manager because it was ultimately pointless (because of the strength of feeling against him on  here) and the time really does arrive when you have to move on.

[/quote]I had given up trying to defend Gunn''s ability as a manager because his spell in charge of the club proved he had no ability whatsoever.  Do you disagree?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Franklin"] 

I had given up trying to defend Gunn''s ability as a manager because it was ultimately pointless (because of the strength of feeling against him on  here) and the time really does arrive when you have to move on.

[/quote]

I had given up trying to defend Gunn''s ability as a manager because his spell in charge of the club proved he had no ability whatsoever.  Do you disagree?

[/quote]

Why is it that some people on here can''t see what the overwhelming majority have known for ages?  I''m with you on this Chops.

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Franklin"] 

[/quote]

I had given up trying to defend Gunn''s ability as a manager because his spell in charge of the club proved he had no ability whatsoever.  Do you disagree?

[/quote]

Why is it that some people on here can''t see what the overwhelming majority have known for ages?  I''m with you on this Chops.

[/quote]

I think it was all down to the cheap, easy and he''s our chum, so let''s re-install our Bryan Gunn - by the then ''Incompetent board of Directionless''. The two main players keen for Gunn to manage - being our major-shareholders.....Mr Foulger?....Partisan to the Duo''s decision, and probably happy to go with the flow. Donny was doomed, Roger was rebuffed.....

The new appointed members to the board were aghast by the sham of the charlatans'' running the show.....Out comes the hatchet which should have been sharpened in April and used in May....But, oh no! Once again, our Delia (from her words) and her hubby (including nephew Tom) sat down by the river after our confirmed relegation - and contemplated our future.....Mr Mac and Co... thought otherwise.

Chop! Chop!

WE were an absolute joke.....a footballing ''farce''.....Hopefully, we''re now going to be a footballing ''force''.....But, only if those remaining, who were totally out of their depth and whom made us a farce.....accept the decisions of our latest board-members.   

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Franklin"] 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it was all down to the cheap, easy and he''s our chum, so let''s re-install our Bryan Gunn - by the then ''Incompetent board of Directionless''. The two main players keen for Gunn to manage - being our major-shareholders.....Mr Foulger?....Partisan to the Duo''s decision, and probably happy to go with the flow. Donny was doomed, Roger was rebuffed.....

The new appointed members to the board were aghast by the sham of the charlatans'' running the show.....Out comes the hatchet which should have been sharpened in April and used in May....But, oh no! Once again, our Delia (from her words) and her hubby (including nephew Tom) sat down by the river after our confirmed relegation - and contemplated our future.....Mr Mac and Co... thought otherwise.

Chop! Chop!

WE were an absolute joke.....a footballing ''farce''.....Hopefully, we''re now going to be a footballing ''force''.....But, only if those remaining, who were totally out of their depth and whom made us a farce.....accept the decisions of our latest board-members.   

[/quote]

Can only second all of that, Mello, especially the last bit.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Chop! Chop!

[/quote]Only thing is, who removed Doncaster & Munby & appointed McNally et al? Do they receive any credit for this?Just asking.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Chop! Chop!

[/quote]

Only thing is, who removed Doncaster & Munby & appointed McNally et al? Do they receive any credit for this?

Just asking.

[/quote]

Eventually they seem to have seen the light!  I''m more than happy to give them credit for this even though most on here probably won''t.