Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

For those of you who say our acdemy players were no better than Hoolahan

was wrong, because the lads Smith, Daley and Adeyemi did show commitment and spirit to the team, which Hoolahan did not.

surely hoolahan must be back in the starting 11 saturday hes a better player than some that are starting at the mo.as for smith and adeyemi yes very good young players but

daley no where near ready for the first team yet.

Sorry to say this, but we were totally outplayed in the central midfield yesterday.

Smith is ok, Adeyemi is ok. But together - not good enough.

Daley... not ready for this level yet.

Totally agree Ole.

Hughes has become a key figure in there and was sorely missed when he went off last night.

Smith and Adeyemi together were bullied in the second half. Adeyemi, in particular, seemed to want too much time on the ball and was trying to break forward too much.

McVeigh was dreadful too, went missing when he needed to be the experienced head.

Askou as was just taking wild swings at the ball, more composure needed.

Russel would be my pick to come back in before Hoolihan.

Daley, just not physical enough and pulled out of a couple of challenges too

My team for what its worth on Saturday;

Forster

Semmy                           Spillane                     Askou                                Drury

Hughes (If fit)/Smith          Russel                       Lappin

Hoolahan

Martin                            Holt

[quote user="XXL16"]was wrong, because the lads Smith, Daley and Adeyemi did show commitment and spirit to the team, which Hoolahan did not.[/quote]

What a full of shite statement.

He didn''t show spirit and commitment for 20 minutes in one game even though we were comfortably winning it already and we were in cruise control just seeing time out. Prior to that he has shown commitment in every game.

[quote user="Ole"]Sorry to say this, but we were totally outplayed in the central midfield yesterday. Smith is ok, Adeyemi is ok. But together - not good enough. Daley... not ready for this level yet.[/quote]

Have to agree on this one - I have now seen Daley play two full games and to be honest might as well had me out there - he has done nothing to assure me that he is the type of player we need to get us up there - thought the other 17-20 year olds were out of their depth and as I said to my mate whilst watching the game we had absolutely nothing in the middle when our players went off and were totally outplayed which did not help matters when we decided to sit back for half an hour of the game until they scored which was blatantly obvious they were going to do.  I know we had three players go off but to be honest their highest scorer Jermine Easter was out of the picture and we must go on to win these games and not rely on referee/linesman  decisions although what Martin was doing tackling the player who was running towards th touch line I will never know.