Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Dont blame Lambert!

He made the right decisions tonight, we got unlucky with the pen, and that we didnt have one of our own and with all the injuries. I think we could have and should have won this game easily. It wasnt Lamberts fault. But we should have won this, should have been 3-0 up at HT.

Charlton beckons and signs are not good! [:(]

HOW HARD IS IT TO SEE THAT THE LONG BALL DOES NOT WORK!?!!!!!!LOOK AT THE POSSESSION, I DONT CARE IF WE WERE 1-0 UP GRR, PASS THE BLOODY BALL!

[quote user="Lineo"]HOW HARD IS IT TO SEE THAT THE LONG BALL DOES NOT WORK!?!!!!!!LOOK AT THE POSSESSION, I DONT CARE IF WE WERE 1-0 UP GRR, PASS THE BLOODY BALL![/quote]YEAHHHH!!!!!!!

[quote user="Lineo"] PASS THE BLOODY BALL!
[/quote]

EXACTLY [:|]

We need to start playing some good, creative football. My only real memory of that would be the Division 1 winning side.

Norwich in the past have been known to play lovely football.

Hoofball is getting us no where.

He could start with playing Hoolahan.

My thoughts EXACTLY lineo. If we had Hoolahan on the bench tonight Lappin could have slotted back and Hoolahan could have kept the shape we already had... but no... McVeigh comes on, we are narrow, ineffective forcing Martin and Daley backwards and Holt looking hopeless up front...

A combination of misfortune and poor sub selection

Am i right in saying it all tits up (in the sense of birds) after Hughes got injured?

We have looked to have much more structure in midfield with him in!

We should have killed that game off in the first 20 minutes before they''d even had a kick, sooo damn frustrating to lose a game to a team that were there for the taking in the first half. We sat back on our lead and invited them on to us far to much in the second half and in the end got what we deserved, the injuries didn''t help but as usual in a game we really needed to win we weren''t quite good enough.

You lot must have been watching a different game. Until the first 2 subs happened, there was some lovely one touch stuff going on with 1st time balls being whipped into the box. Even Nelson was passing it to the midfield.What I did notice, though, was a lack of fitness; even before the subs the tempo was slowing & passes weren''t coming off - first thing that happens when you''re knackered.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

You lot must have been watching a different game. Until the first 2 subs happened, there was some lovely one touch stuff going on with 1st time balls being whipped into the box. Even Nelson was passing it to the midfield.
What I did notice, though, was a lack of fitness; even before the subs the tempo was slowing & passes weren''t coming off - first thing that happens when you''re knackered.

[/quote]

Ron, how dare you apply common sense and a basic understanding of football. Can''t you understand that we''re doomed with only 39 games left?[:D]

Good point on the fitness, though. I thought the same thing.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Imo, tthe officials were appalling! Holt had zero protection all night.[/quote]

Absolutely correct Wiz. Holty was getting battered all over the place and not once was anyone booked which may have stopped it from then. Getting 3 injuries in the first 50 mins is frankly unbelievable, getting a clear pen turned down is annoying but getting it compounded by them getting an undeserved pen near the end is just completely infuriating. What chance do we have with idiotic officials like that?

There''s no doubt that the injuries affected us hugely because we were terrific in the first 20 mins then suddenly our controlling midfielder Hughes goes off, our solid left back goes off which in turn disturbs the balance of the side and one of our centre-backs plays with an injury before finally succumbing as well. Incredible. People complaining about hoofball should remember the first 20 mins and ask themselves if we were playing hoofball then? Sadly it was, to a degree, forced upon us.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Imo, tthe officials were appalling! Holt had zero protection all night.[/quote]Quite right.  I loved how Holt got elbowed in the head in the second half yet they got the free kick?!!

[quote user="Lineo"]HOW HARD IS IT TO SEE THAT THE LONG BALL DOES NOT WORK!?!!!!!!

LOOK AT THE POSSESSION, I DONT CARE IF WE WERE 1-0 UP GRR, PASS THE BLOODY BALL!
[/quote]

Look at it properly.  We were 1-0 up and playing well we get two injuries and our whole midfield is messed up.  This was unlucky and we cannot blame Lambert for that.  Because of this Adeyemi and Smith looked lost forcing the defence to play long. 

It should not have been a penalty, we should have had a penalty and the ref was pretty much playing for them.  We cannot blame Lambert for this.

Wasn''t this the site that so often said that it wasn''t good enough for Gunn to moan about the refs? That tactics were needed? Up on possession 30/70 after 30 minutes, City finished at 61/39. That is just plain dismal! Yes MK were dirty, with tackles designed to injure players ignored by a poor ref, but that is life in League 1 and I think City will be struggling on in this league for some time. Lambert has to take his share of the blame!

[quote user="Brendan"]

He made the right decisions tonight, we got unlucky with the pen, and that we didnt have one of our own and with all the injuries. I think we could have and should have won this game easily. It wasnt Lamberts fault. But we should have won this, should have been 3-0 up at HT.

Charlton beckons and signs are not good! [:(]

[/quote]

Oh, please. He is tactically challenged, far from the complete article. Hughes, a shrewd signing by Gunn, was a big loss but there was a heavy reliance upon youth and no Russell or Hoolahan on the bench to come on for Hughes and Drury. Do wake up and smell the coffee.

It''s not Lambert''s fault, or we wouldn''t have started so brilliantly. If hadn''t the Dons hadn''t given us those injuries inside the first 25 mins, I reckon the result could have been the other way round

HOW HARD IS IT TO SEE THAT THE LONG BALL DOES NOT WORK!?!!!!!!

LOOK AT THE POSSESSION, I DONT CARE IF WE WERE 1-0 UP GRR, PASS THE BLOODY BALL!

Look at it properly.  We were 1-0 up and playing well we get two injuries and our whole midfield is messed up.  This was unlucky and we cannot blame Lambert for that.  Because of this Adeyemi and Smith looked lost forcing the defence to play long. 

It should not have been a penalty, we should have had a penalty and the ref was pretty much playing for them.  We cannot blame Lambert for this.

Oh God, where was plan B then ? Where were the contingency tactics ?Look at the reliance on youth and look at the absence of players like Hoolahan andRussell from the bench. We took enforced injuries, bad luck but it happens, but then we fell apart. Blimey, it was crap how we folded and let MK Dons completely take over and run the game.

[quote user="ron obvious"]You lot must have been watching a different game. Until the first 2 subs happened, there was some lovely one touch stuff going on with 1st time balls being whipped into the box. Even Nelson was passing it to the midfield.What I did notice, though, was a lack of fitness; even before the subs the tempo was slowing & passes weren''t coming off - first thing that happens when you''re knackered.

[/quote]

Agreed

Just got back home, very very angry. Both with the result and the way the Dons played, they took out the players that mattered all game. Before we lost Hughes, we looked good and passed well, I liked the 5 man midfield.

But you could see once we lost the players, we lost all shape and defended deeper and the assistance to Holt was poor.

Daley is shocking and too lighweight.

Off to bed now, had a massive fallout with my MK mate who took me to the game and am rather pissed off.

Blame the BOARD for not backing their man to bring in his OWN PLAYERS before what could prove to be two crucial games which could make or break our season.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

HOW HARD IS IT TO SEE THAT THE LONG BALL DOES NOT WORK!?!!!!!!

Oh God, where was plan B then ? Where were the contingency tactics ?Look at the reliance on youth and look at the absence of players like Hoolahan andRussell from the bench. We took enforced injuries, bad luck but it happens, but then we fell apart. Blimey, it was crap how we folded and let MK Dons completely take over and run the game.

[/quote]

We had no Plan B because our wonderful board of directors will not fund the new manager to build his OWN SQUAD you brainless twot! [:P]

We were playing some pretty decent stuff early on but the injuries disrupted us badly. The gameplan seemed to be to get the ball out wide early to Martin and Daley and then get some early crosses in. Hughes and Lappin were joining in the attacks with Smith mopping up and we were moving the ball around nicely.  Certainly not hoofball. We probably should have had a penalty from one of those early crosses and Holt was unlucky not to get on the end of another from Otsemebor (who looks a vastly improved player under Lambert by the way) in the first half.In the second half we had lost our two best passers, in Lappin and Hughes, and Smith and Adeyemi got overrun in central midfield. Our defending became more frantic and we started to hoof a bit more in the hope that Holt could hold things up for us. Unfortunately he seemed to get no protection from the ref (having a free kick given against him for being elbowed in the head was a particular ''highlight'') and the ball kept coming back. You didn''t have to be a master tactician to work out that MK Dons were getting on top and were likely to end up winning but the injuries put paid to any chance Paul Lambert had to change things.I didn''t think we were all that bad and there are some positives to take from the game. The level of negativity on here tonight is quite staggering but quite frankly I wouldn''t have it any other way [:P]

[quote user="Tookie140"]

Norwich in the past have been known to play lovely football.

Hoofball is getting us no where.

He could start with playing Hoolahan.

[/quote]

Start with playing Hoolahan and lose 7-1 perhaps??? [:^)] [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]Blame the BOARD for not backing their man to bring in his OWN PLAYERS before what could prove to be two crucial games which could make or break our season.[/quote]What a load of old toshYou''ve no idea, other than your over exited imagination, what Lambert has asked for, what has or has not been agreed to either.To further add that there are "two crucial games which could make or break our season" this early is ridiculous, even by your farcical standards.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

HOW HARD IS IT TO SEE THAT THE LONG BALL DOES NOT WORK!?!!!!!!LOOK AT THE POSSESSION, I DONT CARE IF WE WERE 1-0 UP GRR, PASS THE BLOODY BALL!

[/quote]Am I wrong in thinking that you have previously stated your disappointment in the Gunn sacking?It is not Lambert''s fault that our squad is not up to scratch, yes Gunn may have signed Hughes, but what about the squad players we so desperately need?And to talk of contingency tactics, at what point did Gunn even have a clue about tactics??!  Never made subs at the right time, refused to change things around, and an all round terrible manager.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]Blame the BOARD for not backing their man to bring in his OWN PLAYERS before what could prove to be two crucial games which could make or break our season.[/quote]

What a load of old tosh

You''ve no idea, other than your over exited imagination, what Lambert has asked for, what has or has not been agreed to either.

To further add that there are "two crucial games which could make or break our season" this early is ridiculous, even by your farcical standards.
[/quote]

I don''t think you quite get it.

If we lose Saturday we will be 17 points BEHIND Charlton. Now I do realise that Charlton will not win every game they play, but we are just not good enough to make up that difference over the course of this season.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]Blame the BOARD for not backing their man to bring in his OWN PLAYERS before what could prove to be two crucial games which could make or break our season.[/quote]

What a load of old tosh

You''ve no idea, other than your over exited imagination, what Lambert has asked for, what has or has not been agreed to either.

To further add that there are "two crucial games which could make or break our season" this early is ridiculous, even by your farcical standards.
[/quote]

So you see us making up a possible 14 point gap if we lose on Saturday do you?

We could also be 6 or 7 points off the play-offs and sitting perilously close to the relegation zone yet again if Charlton beat us on Saturday.

Wouldn''t you say that we should be busting a gut to get some reinforcements in for our flimsy looking squad now???