Sign in to follow this  
canaryjock

Askou

[quote user="Duffman"]The guy in the bandage was Askou.  The guy winning everything on the ground and in the air was Micheal Nelson.I''m not having a go at Askou, he was solid but not spectacular.   Just didn''t think last night was his best game and wasn''t the best player we had on the park.[/quote]But you said he didn''t win any headers. Is that not having a go? And it doesn''t tally with what I witnessed with my own eyes. Plus he won a lot on the ground. As did Nelson; I thought they were both excellent.As I commented last night, it looked to me as if the team did not have the collective fitness to keep up the tempo of the first 20 mins. On reflection I also wonder if the youngsters in the team don''t know how to conserve their energy & get into the right positions where they don''t have to run around all the time.Holt''s experience was visible in this respect; when he was alone in the centre circle he didn''t rush around pressuring their full backs, but when near their goal he put himself about & robbed them on at least one occasion, leading to a goal scoring opportunity.

I thought they both looked good, Askou and Nelson. Still not sure why Russell wansn''t on the bench.

[quote user="Marty"]I thought they both looked good, Askou and Nelson. Still not sure why Russell wansn''t on the bench.[/quote]

Injured.

"With Darel Russell (calf), Matthew Gill (knee) and Owain Tudur Jones (calf) all troubled by injury, Lambert''s midfield department is currently the worst affected."