Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Hucks?

Any news on Hucks'' operation? I have heard that he is retiring but have no way of substantiating it. Perhaps he will be coming back to the club on the coaching side?

Perhaps Archant could clarify.

he will want to come back here as his son is knocking them in... Deehan''s old position is up for grabs!

Huckerby has just had an operation to fix his dodgy hip that has been playing him up the last few years. Even with this injury, he has been San Jose''s best player! He will not play again for San Jose this season, their last game is October 24 and Huckerby''s contract finishes in November. He now has 3 options. 1st option is to retire. He is now 33 years old and could play for another couple of years if his hip is ok. 2nd option is to stay in America and sign for another year at San Jose. I''m sure they would love him to do that!  3rd option is to come back and play for us. That''s if Lambert wants him and his hip is ok. I would personnally love him to come back, even if he only plays for 20 minutes a game. I just hope Lambert is not so arrogant as Roeder!

It''s not about Lambert being arrogant though is it.  I am sure Hucks will have plenty of offers coming his way, but if Lambert doesn''t fancy him in his team then fair do''s.  Just because Hucks might want to come back, and just because some of us might want him back (I''m not convinced), doesn''t give him the god given right to play for NCFC.  Yes he is a recent legend, but returns aren''t always a good thing for players.

I''d have thought we''d have all learnt from Gunny''s time as manager what happens when you make decisions with your heart not your head.

[quote user="Lambo"]

I''d have thought we''d have all learnt from Gunny''s time as manager what happens when you make decisions with your heart not your head.

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ohhhh interesting[/quote]

I bet it isn''t.
[/quote] I bet it''s very interesting

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

Although true Lambo, I would like to see him come back in a player coach role. I think that if the operatiosn goes well and he can play with minimal discomfort I would get him in on a rolling contract or something similar to what Owen is on at United.