Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich vs MK Franchise - Unofficial Match Thread...

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I hope people dont jump on Lamberts back for this. He got it right from the start. Dirty basterd oppositon and appauling reffing. We never stood a chance.[/quote]Deluded. We are not good enough. Lambert is just the next in a long line of people brought in to carry the can. We don''t have the players and we don''t have any intention of getting them.
[/quote]

Sorry, that is BS. We would have won tonight if we werent forced to changed our shape and tactics. We have the players to get to the play offs. You wait till Saturday.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I hope people dont jump on Lamberts back for this. He got it right from the start. Dirty basterd oppositon and appauling reffing. We never stood a chance.[/quote]Deluded. We are not good enough. Lambert is just the next in a long line of people brought in to carry the can. We don''t have the players and we don''t have any intention of getting them.
[/quote]

Hardhouse are you watching the game? We pi**ed them for 25 minutes then hughes went off and the game changed,the injuries and ref has cost us three points,yes the squad isn''t the greatest but tonight i feel we have been very unlucky.

I certainly agree with you Canaryfan re: tonights game - our key playmaker had to be taken off midway through the first half and people seem incapable of seeing that this might affect things - that really is quite unbelievable.

The game is over 90 minutes not 25 sorry, and we still had enough quality on the pitch to win the match, but we didnt show it and therefore simply did not deserve to win the game. A draw perhaps, although if you are being honest with yourself, MK Dons looked the better side overall (imo).

am I missing something, where was Russell? why wasn''t he on the bench? We were unlucky with losing 3 players by about 55 mins, but too much youth for replacements I think.

As the commentator stated, we will be thereabouts at the end of the season. We did not get the rub of the green tonight, but if we continue to put in the effort as we did and cut out rash tackles, then we will get the results. I''ve certainly no doubt that we will finish in the top six.

Massively frustrating to watch that. Once Hughes was forced off we seemed to lose all fluidity (we''d be playing nicely before then), and the other changes didn''t help.

When Lambert changed the shape midway through the second half, we briefly rallied. Had we not conceded the penalty we''d have held on for a draw I''m sure.

MK Dons were the better team on balance, but I can''t help feeling the ref gave them a hand. Holt should have had a penalty, Martin - however rash the challenge - got a bit of the ball. Some of his other decisions were also baffling.

The lack of creativity was the most worrying thing. If Hughes is out for a while we may struggle to create chances.

Positive start, but a really poor performance overall- especially the second half. We should be able to cope with enforced changes, but our squad looks lightweight on tonight''s evidence.  Where were the hard tackles from our lot? Where was the fighting spirit?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I hope people dont jump on Lamberts back for this. He got it right from the start. Dirty basterd oppositon and appauling reffing. We never stood a chance.[/quote]Deluded. We are not good enough. Lambert is just the next in a long line of people brought in to carry the can. We don''t have the players and we don''t have any intention of getting them.[/quote]

Sorry, that is BS. We would have won tonight if we werent forced to changed our shape and tactics. We have the players to get to the play offs. You wait till Saturday.

[/quote]It''s always somebody else''s fault. So we have one team, just one group of eleven players is that what you''re saying. I''m afraid players get injured and formations have to be changed. Stop blaming everybody but our players.We started well as we often do away but we can''t sustain it. We have to play 90mins and adapt when players are injured. This is professional football. I''ll wait till Saturday and be there hoping for a good result as ever but I''ll have a realist pair of glasses on not the rose coloured, everybody''s against us it everybody else''s fault one that so many seem to don!

Few sides would be able to handle losing their playmaker, their most experienced centre back and their most experienced defender without finding it tough. At the end of the day we lost to a brilliant free kick and a dodgy penalty having had a prefectly good one for us ignored. The lads worked their nuts off and deserve a bit of support rather than this hand wringing "we''re going to struggle" crap.

Well said Beau - totally agree. It is astonishing the number of people who cannot see that losing 3 key players to injury during a game might affect the side. Things could have very easily been hugely different had just a couple of key decisions (and a bit of fortune with injuries).

[quote user="Beauseant"]Few sides would be able to handle losing their playmaker, their most experienced centre back and their most experienced defender without finding it tough. At the end of the day we lost to a brilliant free kick and a dodgy penalty having had a prefectly good one for us ignored. The lads worked their nuts off and deserve a bit of support rather than this hand wringing "we''re going to struggle" crap.[/quote]

that sums it up pretty well. It is unusual to lose 3 players in 55 mins, no chance of any tactical subs. I thought the defence looked pretty good until mid way through the 2nd half.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Few sides would be able to handle losing their playmaker, their most experienced centre back and their most experienced defender without finding it tough. At the end of the day we lost to a brilliant free kick and a dodgy penalty having had a prefectly good one for us ignored. The lads worked their nuts off and deserve a bit of support rather than this hand wringing "we''re going to struggle" crap.[/quote]I second that. Bloody unlucky tonight but sometimes these things happen.Lambert out! Board out! Boo! Boo! Booooo!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Few sides would be able to handle losing their playmaker, their most experienced centre back and their most experienced defender without finding it tough. At the end of the day we lost to a brilliant free kick and a dodgy penalty having had a prefectly good one for us ignored. The lads worked their nuts off and deserve a bit of support rather than this hand wringing "we''re going to struggle" crap.[/quote]

I agree Beauseant. I know we are all disappointed at a loss but I have a good takeaway from tonight''s game. I was really impressed during the first 30 minutes ( in particular ) with the way the Norwich players got in tight every time the MK Dons players got possession. We refused to let the opposition have any time on the ball during that time. That was obviously the game plan and we allowed ourselves to get shaken off that by the injuries. I don''t mean that as an excuse because, if we are to be successful, we cannot allow any such distraction from the game plan, regardless of who has to be substituted. Paul Lambert''s task is to develop the squad ( not just the eleven on the pitch ) to be able to perform like that for 90 minutes. He will given time and if he does not have the players that can develop that level of stamina and commitment then I believe Lambert will replace them with players who can. 

[quote user="Marty"]

that sums it up pretty well. It is unusual to lose 3 players in 55 mins, no chance of any tactical subs. I thought the defence looked pretty good until mid way through the 2nd half.

[/quote]Totally agree, can''t believe people are being so negative, we were shafted by fate, an awful referee and his knob cheese assistant. Poor Holt worked his nuts off and the ref constantly penalised him without cause. I think we''ll beat Charlton at home on Saturday.   

The problem to me looked to be that we had the players and team to win, we should have won, but we kept playing the same way by keeping the passing fast and often first time. When it didn''t come off we gave away possession, a little more composure at times and perhaps slower build up might have suited us after the enforced reshuffle. So I take heart from this performance, some youngsters who do seem to be improving and with some careful guidance and confidence could reall develop. Ref didn''t help but we looked very sharp at times and better balls to Holt would have helped too. McVeigh disappeared, would have preferred Russell to hold it up a bit in midfield but not to be. Lambert doing what he can with the resources at his disposal, with the possible exception of Hoolahan who I am sure can do a good job for us in the hole behind a front two of Holt and Martin. We look purposeful but lightweight and forced off the ball too easily.

It''s obvious to any football supporter that if a team loses three experienced players through injury in the first half of a match it''s going to be a struggle. And, yes, the MK Dons penalty was dodgy and, yes, Holt should have been awarded a more obvious pen in the first half. Not only that but Martin really should have scored from a header. However, what was also obvious was the reliance of Lambert on youth. Where was the experience on the bench, where was the creativity ? In the post match interview Lambert highlighted how pleased he was with the "17 year olds" in the team and so admitted the lack of experience. Hughes should have been replaced by Hoolahan and Drury by Russell. Instead we had McvVeigh and Adeyami.............. and we lost a match that was clearly there for the taking. As I have previously suggested, Lambert is tactically challenged. Perhaps the man who so expertly listed Gunn''s managment shortcomings should be manager.

Adeyemi and Smith are talented, young and impassioned but aren''t quite there yet. Daley is far to leggy for me, and you simply can''t rely upon McVeigh to create every chance and make every ball. All considered losing Hughes was massive and we never recovered.

[quote user="Fellas"]Adeyemi and Smith are talented, young and impassioned but aren''t quite there yet. Daley is far to leggy for me, and you simply can''t rely upon McVeigh to create every chance and make every ball. All considered losing Hughes was massive and we never recovered.
[/quote]

Daley is clearly not good enough yet, if ever. Hughes was brought in by Gunn, a shrewd signing. Even so, a team should not place total reliance on one man. Of course Hoolahan and Russell should have been on the bench. Russell would have provided experience and grit and Hoolahan would have offered that creative edge that was so clearly lacking when Hughes went.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Adeyemi and Smith are talented, young and impassioned but aren''t quite there yet. Daley is far to leggy for me, and you simply can''t rely upon McVeigh to create every chance and make every ball. All considered losing Hughes was massive and we never recovered. [/quote]

Daley is clearly not good enough yet, if ever. Hughes was brought in by Gunn, a shrewd signing. Even so, a team should not place total reliance on one man. Of course Hoolahan and Russell should have been on the bench. Russell would have provided experience and grit and Hoolahan would have offered that creative edge that was so clearly lacking when Hughes went.

[/quote]Hoolahan is not yet fit to clean the boots of WLY. But with Russell I agree. I don''t understand why he wasn''t in the starting line-up, let alone the bench particularly away from home.

[quote user="paul moy"]Martin, you''re an idiot !!![/quote]

If you see the TV coverage of the Martin tackle you will see that Martin made contact with the ball first. The ref wasn''t going to give the penalty until the linesman (assistant ref) indicated for a penalty.

How did the officials miss the foul on Holt in the penalty area during the first half?

The ref was so poor that when Holt got a blatant elbow from a Bletchley (MK) Dons defender the ref gave the free kick to the Bletchley (MK)Dons !!! 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I agree Beauseant. I know we are all disappointed at a loss but I have a good takeaway from tonight''s game. I was really impressed during the first 30 minutes ( in particular ) with the way the Norwich players got in tight every time the MK Dons players got possession. We refused to let the opposition have any time on the ball during that time. That was obviously the game plan and we allowed ourselves to get shaken off that by the injuries. I don''t mean that as an excuse because, if we are to be successful, we cannot allow any such distraction from the game plan, regardless of who has to be substituted. Paul Lambert''s task is to develop the squad ( not just the eleven on the pitch ) to be able to perform like that for 90 minutes. He will given time and if he does not have the players that can develop that level of stamina and commitment then I believe Lambert will replace them with players who can. 

[/quote]

Good post Yankee Canary.

The thing i cannot understand is why Lambert didnt change the formation

back to 4 4 2 once hughes and lappin had gone off or at the very latest

half time when he had seen for the last 20 mins of the first half that

the formation wasnt working with the team on the pitch, mainly i think

because the young players had hardly ever played the original formation

and once changed to 4 4 2 i thought we looked more than capable againand for those that are wondering why Russell wasn''t playing or on the bench - he is injured