Sign in to follow this  
Big Duncs Bloody Shirt

Sky Commentary - last night's game

Please forgive me if this has already been posted  ... but how amateurish and appalling was last night''s commentary on Sky!!

Why they persist with Birtles as a summariser is beyond me! ... a good player, yes ... but IMHO a dreadful co-pilot to the equally awful commentator (whose name escapes me!) It was painful enough watching us predictably squander the early lead without the inane, uninformed witterings of those 2. I could have been forgiven for thinking that I''d tuned in to MKTV given the home side bias ... felt like just one big MK ''love in''. Only the wise musings of Dion brought a sense of reality back.

All in all ... a truly painful evening.

Rant over .... OTBC

When the commentator said at the end of the match that "overall the ref has had a good game tonight."... It got under my skin a tad, the ref had a shocking game yet they kept defending him.

I didnt think it was biased at all they were praising us first half saying how well we were playing and how our defence was solid i thought if anything it was biased towards us!

I was fortunate enough to be watching it in a quiet pub with the sound turned way down - the commentary was instead provided by myself, a Sunderland fan, a Liverpool fan and a handful of local City/United fans... far more entertaining, even if they failed to see my point that League One is where real football is played, not their billionaire''s playground... [:)]

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]not a tad biased by any chance[/quote]I tell you what - if you want biased then I would challenge you to watch the game and build up again. I think you will find that it was quite weighted.Apparently MK Dons is a ''project'' that players want to be a part of as it is going places. Its been going places for how many years? It has a great stadium apparently, shame that I could still read most of what the seats spell out (ie no fans).

The Sky commentary was as bad as ever but I can''t agree on the MK love in comment- I remember thinking how nice it was for them to be banging on about all the good stuff we were doing for a change (not that I agreed with that much of what was being said mind!)

I didn''t think the commentary was actually too bad; the problem is that, when Sky televise lesser known teams, they feel they need to do the tabloid thing & take a stance on each team. Once they''ve decided one team is such- &-such then that''s the way it stays, despite any evidence to the contrary.Rather like this MB, come to think of it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I didn''t think the commentary was actually too bad; the problem is that, when Sky televise lesser known teams, they feel they need to do the tabloid thing & take a stance on each team. Once they''ve decided one team is such- &-such then that''s the way it stays, despite any evidence to the contrary.Rather like this MB, come to think of it.

[/quote]Did you not notice how Lappin, Martin and Spillane were all interchangable with the commentators because they had white boots on?

Well, they did say that Lappins ''preferred'' position was left-back.Clearly they saw the Ipswich match on sky and NOTHING else!