Sign in to follow this  
johnnyryan1970

smith and adeyemi

i just thought they were both out of their depth tonight..sorry if this has been asaid already.....dont think theyre ready for first team action, week in, week out...russelll and hughes in the centre of the park for saturday surely..if fit

You have to give youth a chance to see if they can hack it  - alas tonight showed they are not ready yet.  Plus we had too many youngsters out there tonight and no wise old head to sit there and marshall them.  The chance was there for McVeigh to step up to the plate but he just seemed to hide out wide.

I thought Smith did OK to be honest but as the pressure built he just found himself getting swamped. Part of the reason for this was the loss of two good passers (Hughes and Lappin) from our central midfield as the injuries built up. Would be interested to see the possesion stats for the first 25 minutes (when Drury went off) compared to the rest of the game.

Smith loooked good to me; although he wasn''t helped at times by playing alongside Mcveigh (when he was out of position) and Adeyami who in fairness did struggle. Smith broke up play well in the early stages; allowing hughes to get on the ball and get us moving, and we did start birghtly. Unfortunately Adeyami (and Daley) both were ineffictve and yes, were out of their depth.

With Daley, it seems pace is why he''s there; and with Lambert looking for that sort of player, hopefully his days will be numbered for now. Adeyami is in effect potentially the 6th choice CM behind, Smith, Hughes, OTJ, Gill & Russell, and still only 17, we had no other options this evening; his time will come.

Russell should be a decent foil for Hughes, especially now he realises he is staying. Whiggins will be a decent alternative to Drury when he gets back to fitness.

The side is just crying out for Hoolahan to work some magic.

Last night Hoolahan would have been as effective as McVeigh - he isn''t strong enough for these types of game.Smith was one of the reasons why we did so well in the first half he continued his defencive duties all night. I could count the number of times they had a decent chance from open play on less fingers than I have on one hand. We had more chances from open play - one of which should have lead to us having a penalty and their player being sent off.

"Adeyami is in effect potentially the 6th choice CM behind, Smith, Hughes, OTJ, Gill & Russell,"

I disagree - I''d say he was third and possibly joint second choice, behind Hughes and equal/ maybe behind Smith.

I thought they were rubbish. He keeps playing them every week, he has his favourates and no one else gets a look in.

I thought Hoolahan was going to play as he impressed Lambert in the reserve game.[:)]

[quote user="Helen"]

I thought they were rubbish. He keeps playing them every week, he has his favourates and no one else gets a look in.

I thought Hoolahan was going to play as he impressed Lambert in the reserve game.[:)]

[/quote]

Rusty, Gill & TJ were out injured so who was he supposed to play in CM?

If Hoolahan had come on, he could have shielded the ball, taken the knock for a fowl and releaved pressure on the defence, failing that, held the ball while beating Dons players, again and again, therefore giving time for support to arrive.

Some people on here must have memory loss, as i certainly remember everyone going on throughout Roeders tenure (and before) about the lack of homegrown players getting a chance and kids from other clubs coming in. Now that these homegrown talents get a chance and a run in the team everyone shoots them down.

With our current financial position, these youngsters are the only viable option for the future we have at the moment and as such this is one piece of Norwich City that brings me some kind of hope that the bad times might be coming to an end.

Smith was composed yesterday and looked easily capable until Hughes went off as he became swamped and over run. Adeyemi was poor, but anyone who has watched his other matches this year have applauded the youngsters ability

Sorry to rant but the amount of posters who have appeared out of the woodwork after last night and had a dig about one thing or another is annoying

[quote user="Helen"]

[/quote]

I Thought Hoolahan Should Have Played Aswell! You Wait, He Will Steal The Show In The Ressy Game Tomorrow!

Doesnt anyone else agree with me that, 2 experienced midfielders, Hughes and Tudor Jones maybe would do better than them 2?

Yes, smith and adeyemi bring in a bit of pace and flair, but i dont remember them creating that much!?

Or Russel! ?