Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why do so many on here want Lambert to fail?

i see loads of neagtive posts about Lambert after just 1 defeat, and the draw against Walsall, has blame culture no come to the point that the manager is culpable after 1 game?

Lets get real.. we aint Barcelona where every match is a must win for the fans, we are a mid table league 1 side.. Like it or not thats the reality of the situation.

We have no money to bring in quality, what we do have is a manager used to working on a tight budget at previous clubs and doing ok out of it... Lambert isn''t a mircale worker and we wont be going up this season, the young players need a year to get used to being in the first team and for their confidence to grow. in 12 months time it will be nothing new to them.. less mistakes, better understanding and more wins.

Lambert knows what he is doing, he isn''t going to get Lucky with a team punching above its weight Like Worthy, he isnt inexperienced like Gunn or Grant and he isn''t an arsehole like Roeder. he will get us heading in the right direction but needs time.

I fully expect the witch hunt and the "Lambert out" campaign to be in full swing by december though.. where the next poor sod will only get 6 months before someone wants him out...

some people on here need to wake up.

Walsall were the best team seen at Carrow Road so far this season.. and better teams than us will lose to them this year.. that doesnt make them a good team, just a difficult team to beat. MK dons will be or around the top 6 this season too... they were a measure of how much work Lambert has to do for us befoe we get success, lets take the positives from the game that we scored after 16 seconds...

the injuries shouldnt of mattered, we should of had the quality on the bench to come on.. we didnt.. blame the finance at the club.. not Lambert.. Injuries are part and parcel of the game and we need to get used to them. It''s a mans game not a game for puffs.

Unfortunately Jas, there are many, many R''soles on here that know Jack about the game… it strikes me he is going about it all in the right manner. Hoolahan unbalances us and never delivers, yet everyone has him down as Huckerby 2… lord knows why? Football is all about balance… with him, no balance, without him more balance. I''m with Lambert on that decision.Man U would have struggled with those 3 key injuries last night (not against MK Dons granted but against their peers they would).Cue the barrage of carp that will inevitably follow

This is the Pink Un Jas, and unless Lambert wins every single game, plays no one except Hooligan and Donkey, scoring 12 goals a game, he''s a failure and Gunn must be reinstated!

Likewise with Curo, he has to get two hat tricks per match othrwise the new legend that is the unproven Cody must start before anyone else..........oh, and Semmy is the anti Christ apparently.

Great entertainment.[:S]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i see loads of neagtive posts about Lambert after just 1 defeat, and the draw against Walsall, has blame culture no come to the point that the manager is culpable after 1 game?

Lets get real.. we aint Barcelona where every match is a must win for the fans, we are a mid table league 1 side.. Like it or not thats the reality of the situation.

We have no money to bring in quality, what we do have is a manager used to working on a tight budget at previous clubs and doing ok out of it... Lambert isn''t a mircale worker and we wont be going up this season, the young players need a year to get used to being in the first team and for their confidence to grow. in 12 months time it will be nothing new to them.. less mistakes, better understanding and more wins.

Lambert knows what he is doing, he isn''t going to get Lucky with a team punching above its weight Like Worthy, he isnt inexperienced like Gunn or Grant and he isn''t an arsehole like Roeder. he will get us heading in the right direction but needs time.

I fully expect the witch hunt and the "Lambert out" campaign to be in full swing by december though.. where the next poor sod will only get 6 months before someone wants him out...

some people on here need to wake up.

Walsall were the best team seen at Carrow Road so far this season.. and better teams than us will lose to them this year.. that doesnt make them a good team, just a difficult team to beat. MK dons will be or around the top 6 this season too... they were a measure of how much work Lambert has to do for us befoe we get success, lets take the positives from the game that we scored after 16 seconds...

the injuries shouldnt of mattered, we should of had the quality on the bench to come on.. we didnt.. blame the finance at the club.. not Lambert.. Injuries are part and parcel of the game and we need to get used to them. It''s a mans game not a game for puffs.

[/quote]

Walsall for promotion then - give me a break - if we cant beat teams like that at home then there is no hope i''m afraid  

Best post i''ve read on this board for a while. Totally agree with everything it. What this club desperately needs is some managerial stability and a sustained period of team rebuilding. This was never going to happen under Roeder due to his inabilty to see potential in anyone who hadn''t played for a premiership team or Gunn who was simply out of his depth. At last in Lambert we have someone with the necessary skills to dig us out of this mess IF he is given time.

Unless major investment is forthcoming then I think it will take us 3 seasons to get out of this division. Lambert is doing exactly the right thing by getting rid of  the underachieving, high-wage earners and replacing them with younger, hungrier players. I just hope that people don''t get on his back if we are still hovering around mid-table come Christmas time.  Unfortunately their is no quick fix to the dire situation the board has got us into unless you have a spare £50m to invest

So by your reasoning then, we aren''t in the same league as them? How come we played them recently?We are where we are, because that is where we deserve to be. We do not have a god-given right to roll over anyone. We are a third tier club with third tier players and therefore on the same level as the rest of them… get used to it!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]So by your reasoning then, we aren''t in the same league as them? How come we played them recently?We are where we are, because that is where we deserve to be. We do not have a god-given right to roll over anyone. We are a third tier club with third tier players and therefore on the same level as the rest of them… get used to it![/quote]In response to Bomber.

I also think the doom mongers forget that we are fielding 11 players who have barely played together. It will take time for them to gel together, up to a season.

Trouble is the Norwich hotseat is in danger of becoming the proverbial poisened chalice. Chopping and changing every five minutes isnt going to get us anywhere.

IMO we need to give Lambert time, lots of it.

Ah the old time to gel excuse , how many games do they need to gel then , what we need is a manager that plays the best players at his disposal ,most of these kids he keeps playing quite frankly wouldnt get into many a non league side ,Daley and Smith were just a complete waste of 2 positions last night .

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Ah the old time to gel excuse , how many games do they need to gel then , what we need is a manager that plays the best players at his disposal ,most of these kids he keeps playing quite frankly wouldnt get into many a non league side ,Daley and Smith were just a complete waste of 2 positions last night .
[/quote]

Jeez![:S]

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Ah the old time to gel excuse , how many games do they need to gel then , what we need is a manager that plays the best players at his disposal ,most of these kids he keeps playing quite frankly wouldnt get into many a non league side ,Daley and Smith were just a complete waste of 2 positions last night .
[/quote]

Do you honestly expect the club, team and management to get everything going the way they want and gel in a month... deluded my friend

[/quote]

Ah the old ''blindly slag off everything to do with the club in black and white terms whilst refusing to accept any shades of grey or complications to the situation'' response.  

I don''t agree with the OP that there is overwhelming negativity.  I for one do not want Lambert to fail, and actually believe that he is doing a good job, and also believe that the majority of supporters are behind him. We should be able to achieve a top six place with our current squad but luck with injuries and refereeing decisions will play its part, as they certainly did last night. People must get realistic and not expect us to win every game and think that promotion is a certainty. It may well take two or three seasons to achieve promotion as this is certainly not an easy division, but if we get behind the team and manager it can be done sooner.   

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Ah the old time to gel excuse , how many games do they need to gel then , what we need is a manager that plays the best players at his disposal ,most of these kids he keeps playing quite frankly wouldnt get into many a non league side ,Daley and Smith were just a complete waste of 2 positions last night .[/quote]

Because 11 complete strangers do not click together overnight. It takes time to get to know each other properly. It takes even longer to create a sporting understanding.

1 or 2 players coming into an established team then there isnt a problem. But what we have is nigh on a completely new squad. Not just a new team.

I would imagine if I trawl back through the posts I will find some from you criticizing the old regimes for not using using the kids. You are obviously one of the born whingers hell bent on dragging this club down.

Good post Jas, the short termism of some football fans including the moaning minority on here is idiotic. Lambert needs to be given time loads of it, at least till the end of next season to sort it out. The current XI is going to be anywhere near the team we field this time next year, we might not have money to spend but players will be moved in/out of the club , for the time being he will work with what we have got. It is far too early to judge and while we are hardly setting the world on fire, we are already better organised than we were earlier in the season.