Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

How did Colchester score SEVEN

Let me make it clear I wasn''t at Carra rud on that disaterous day but from what I''ve seen so far from Mr Lambert surely after Colchester scored the first goal, they decide that that was good enough and put 10 men behind the ball and handed the the initiative back to us!!!

May be the front man had some pace so managed to chase the hurried clearance from the back and score the extra 6 ??

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Let me make it clear I wasn''t at Carra rud on that disaterous day but from what I''ve seen so far from Mr Lambert surely after Colchester scored the first goal, they decide that that was good enough and put 10 men behind the ball and handed the the initiative back to us!!!

May be the front man had some pace so managed to chase the hurried clearance from the back and score the extra 6 ??

[/quote]Theo..............

[/quote]

Luke Daley has ''pace'' [:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So does Usain Bolt but it doesn''t make him a footballer!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Luke Daley is crap

Well, our back 2 had no pace, Lisbie had an abundance of it.Theo had a howler as well.Although if you follow the Theo = fall guy / Gunn out theory then , Colchester scored 7 cos Norwich allowed them to !

[quote user="Lineo"]How did Norwich score ONE is a better question
[/quote]

Mistake by Pat Baldwin who should have cleared the ball but lost it and McDonald seized his chance.

[/quote]

Seems that the irony of your post has gone way over the heads of some posters.   Your experience of lambert is correct

I was there and the answer is better than you might think.  Colchester were solid and hit us on the break.  We were so bad that every time they attacked they scored.  They were very solid in ranks of 4 and we could not break them down.  They won possession and passed or hoofed to forwards who scored.

The Lambert who beat us was the same manager we now have.  it was the opposiiton that day who made the difference plus they did have two on form strikers.

Christmas came early for them - we gave them presents of one sort or another. because too many of our team had nightmare games.After, what was it, four goals in twenty minutes, we gave up.