Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

City legend's exclusive announcement

"A Norwich City legend will tomorrow make a big announcement in the Evening News regarding the future of his career. For the full story buy tomorrow''s Evening News".anybody know anything more about this?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]ncfcstar: how do we know its huckerby?[/quote]Pete said earlier that there was big news on Huckerby in tomorrow''s papers.

sorry mate hadnt seen that not long been in from work. Any chance it could be he''s coming back early to work with the reserve/youth team now his season and career is over in America?

mark rivers - was a general question to ask what i did i.e. was there any info that i had missed earlier which it turned out there was, I wasnt for one minute doubting it wasn''t hucks

i guess, if he starts off in the youth team managing them and works his way up it would be ok.

Was always destined to fail with Gunn, having had so many non-football jobs since he retired. Fair enough he became sort of a Scout under Grant and then Roeder (as well as temporary stints as GK coach) but that is nothing like being a manager.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]"A Norwich City legend will tomorrow make a big announcement in the Evening News regarding the future of his career. For the full story buy tomorrow''s Evening News".anybody know anything more about this?[/quote]Chris Brown''s had another threesome.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If it is Huckerby then it kind of proves, in a way, that Roeder let him go at the right time. Although I would have preferred to have kept DH.[/quote]I really think that argument would only stand if we stayed up last year.

I 2 think he is retiring :( however if this is the case then why would he exclusivly tell the evening news first? surely he would announce it to San Jose fans first? So maybe there is hope that he is infact signing here till the end of the season thats why hes telling us first? or is that just wishful thinking lol

Well he is out for at least 6 months so i doubt that he is going to sign here for the rest of the season...

[quote user="First Wizard"]So we now know that in a sad effort to drum up sales, Archant, were in fact referring to Lotus Cars...........bloody cheeky if you ask me![:|][/quote]

No we weren''t. Try the Evening News...

Guess Hucks is going to announce his retirement, shame but all good things come to an end but he is 33 and has had a good run.

[quote user="First Wizard"]So we now know that in a sad effort to drum up sales, Archant, were in fact referring to Lotus Cars...........bloody cheeky if you ask me![:|][/quote]

For you Wizard

[quote] Norwich City legend Huckerby hangs up his boots

MATTHEW CHAMBERS
16 September 2009 10:30

Saturday, September 12, 2009 is a day Darren Huckerby will remember for a long time.

Waking up, his mind still foggy from the anaesthetic, the painkillers dulling the soreness from the surgery to repair his shredded hip joint, it marked the beginning of a new era for the former Norwich City star.

Sixteen years as a professional footballer had come to an end but crucially it had come on his terms and despite the discomfort and weeks, if not months, of painful rehabilitation that lie ahead Huckerby is adamant the timing of the operation is right.

A lot of question marks still remain about what the future has in store for the 33-year-old, whose contract with the San Jose Earthquakes runs out at the end of the current Major League Soccer season.

At the minute Huckerby is taking life one day and, quite literally, one step at a time, but one thing is clear is that he''s unlikely to be kicking a football in anger ever again.

“I''ve got to give it chance to see how it is but I''m 99per cent sure that I am done,” said Huckerby, who refuses to be downbeat about the situation.

“The second part of my career starts now. I''m one of those kind of people who make a decision and stick to it. I''m content with what I have done in the game. I look at people like Dean Ashton who is struggling and who may have to retire having never fulfilled his potential. I look at where I started at the bottom of the third division and I have done everything that I have wanted to do in the game[/quote]