Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

PASS THE BALL!!!!!!

Jesus christ, 12 year olds can understand not to hoof the ball constantly, and if they need to clear it then hit it wide ffs!PASS THE BALL NORWICH!We passed the ball brilliantly for the first 10minutes and scored, then we sat back and let MK Dons rape us slowly.If Lambert has ANY managerial skills, then he surely must see this.. I am not criticising him because he''s better than gunn, but how hard is it?What do they do in training each week? Teach players how to hoof the ball to the opposition?Unless something changes expect another 7-1 against charlton.....

I can only comment that you must have been watching a different game.I can''t help but think this is a standard knee-jerk response to a loss.Fitness is the problem.

[quote user="Lineo"]Jesus christ, 12 year olds can understand not to hoof the ball constantly, and if they need to clear it then hit it wide ffs!PASS THE BALL NORWICH!We passed the ball brilliantly for the first 10minutes and scored, then we sat back and let MK Dons rape us slowly.If Lambert has ANY managerial skills, then he surely must see this.. I am not criticising him because he''s better than gunn, but how hard is it?What do they do in training each week? Teach players how to hoof the ball to the opposition?Unless something changes expect another 7-1 against charlton.....[/quote]Lambert out! Lineo in! [;)]

We lost the guy who could pass the ball after 20 minutes and there was nobody to replace him.  It would have been a situation ideal to bring Hooli off the bench to show if he still wants to be part of our future but alas he was nowhere to be seen. [*-)]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]We lost the guy who could pass the ball after 20 minutes and there was nobody to replace him.  It would have been a situation ideal to bring Hooli off the bench to show if he still wants to be part of our future but alas he was nowhere to be seen. [*-)][/quote]whereabouts are you in Posh P''boro Canary? I used to reside in Dogsthorpe, and went to school in Glinton, many moons ago.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Helpston Fonejacker, just over the railway from Glinton[/quote]aah yes, have friends in Helpston. Have been stuck in the car many a time at that pesky train barrier.

[quote user="Lineo"]Jesus christ,

12 year olds can understand not to hoof the ball constantly, and if they need to clear it then hit it wide ffs!

PASS THE BALL NORWICH!

We passed the ball brilliantly for the first 10minutes and scored, then we sat back and let MK Dons rape us slowly.

If Lambert has ANY managerial skills, then he surely must see this.. I am not criticising him because he''s better than gunn, but how hard is it?

What do they do in training each week? Teach players how to hoof the ball to the opposition?

Unless something changes expect another 7-1 against charlton.....
[/quote]

Thats funny that cause i''m 16 and i constantly wonder why i''m not on that pitch. My first touch is better that some of are players. My passes are. And I can see that what we are doing wrong. We couldn''t keep the ball for more than 30 seconds.

[quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Helpston Fonejacker, just over the railway from Glinton[/quote]

aah yes, have friends in Helpston. Have been stuck in the car many a time at that pesky train barrier.
[/quote]

15 mins is my record [8o|]

AVFC - I''m 15 and we won the U14''s cup for the whole of suffolk last year, I find myself thinking the same but sometimes I feel to embarrassed to say it becasue I feel big headed.and Ron, I''m sorry but you honestly believe we played football tonight?

[quote user="Lineo"]AVFC - I''m 15 and we won the U14''s cup for the whole of suffolk last year, I find myself thinking the same but sometimes I feel to embarrassed to say it becasue I feel big headed.

and Ron, I''m sorry but you honestly believe we played football tonight?
[/quote]

Well I know if i was good enough I would be out there. But seriously I am pretty sure i have better touches, passes and shots than some of are players today.

[quote user="Lineo"]AVFC - I''m 15 and we won the U14''s cup for the whole of suffolk last year, I find myself thinking the same but sometimes I feel to embarrassed to say it becasue I feel big headed.and Ron, I''m sorry but you honestly believe we played football tonight?[/quote]We tried to. Please try to watch what is happening as opposed to what you assume is happening.After the first 20 mins (even before the subs) Dons started to get to the ball before us. When we did get the ball we tried to pass it out of defence - in fact you could have made a case for a lack of getting rid being the source of some of our problems. The passes were not coming off, & I think it''s because of a general lack of fitness. When I used to play I found that the first thing that went when I was knackered was such little skill & passing ability as I possessed.The midfield really need to chase the opposition down at every opportunity. That''s what we did at the beginning, but we couldn''t maintain the pace.Mind you, if we could play like that for whole matches, we''d be doing well in the Championship!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Lineo"]AVFC - I''m 15 and we won the U14''s cup for the whole of suffolk last year, I find myself thinking the same but sometimes I feel to embarrassed to say it becasue I feel big headed.and Ron, I''m sorry but you honestly believe we played football tonight?[/quote]We tried to. Please try to watch what is happening as opposed to what you assume is happening.After the first 20 mins (even before the subs) Dons started to get to the ball before us. When we did get the ball we tried to pass it out of defence - in fact you could have made a case for a lack of getting rid being the source of some of our problems. The passes were not coming off, & I think it''s because of a general lack of fitness. When I used to play I found that the first thing that went when I was knackered was such little skill & passing ability as I possessed.The midfield really need to chase the opposition down at every opportunity. That''s what we did at the beginning, but we couldn''t maintain the pace.Mind you, if we could play like that for whole matches, we''d be doing well in the Championship!

[/quote]No, please try to stop defending the team when they are blatently hoofing the ball as far as possible.It''s been the same for 2 games straight, they are not looking up for passes, its just a hoof up field.

I dont think its no coincidence that our best 20 mins was when Hughes was on the pitch. He constantly makes himself available to receive the ball or makes space for team-mates to receive the ball comfortably.

I''ve posted this before on another thread but I feel that Hughes is our most important player this year.

Again its no coincidence that our best results have been when he''s been on the pitch.

Actually a quality Gunn signing IMO

The thing i cannot understand is why Lambert didnt change the formation back to 4 4 2 once hughes and lappin had gone off or at the very latest half time when he had seen for the last 20 mins of the first half that the formation wasnt working with the team on the pitch, mainly i think because the young players had hardly ever played the original formation and once changed to 4 4 2 i thought we looked more than capable again

you are a 15 year old.you dont know it all. and i dont either, but i know at times hoofing the ball out is the best and simplest form of defending, and when you have players like holt who can win and hold up the ball, and players like daley to run on to it. its a good way to disperse pressure on the defence and push our midfield back up the pitch. we shouldnt be inclined to hoof regularly. but when we lose creative players like hughes running the ball through and releasing, the best we can hope for is holt to get the ball down in their half, or knock it on for those running through.

These players are PAID ridiculous amounts of money to play football every single day, you''re telling me that just because Hughes is off that one player can''t pass the ball? We have to hoof it?

we lost the game for 2 main reasons...

injuries to 3 key players.

A dubious penalty decision.

I''d like to add that the ref was rubbish.

MK dons are basically a bunch of fouling cheats. 3 good examples are chadwicks'' terrible tackle from behind to injure hughes (this was a red card imo) powell punching holt in the face at a corner and getting away with it and a blatant push by lewington on holt in the box.

this is NOT a biased view (lord knows we are used to the team losing) it is fact. Look at the key incidents and see that they revolve against poor decisions against us. I for one am sick of it. I actually thought we played well considering the above and deserved a point at least.

[quote user="Stavros"]we lost the game for 2 main reasons... injuries to 3 key players. A dubious penalty decision. I''d like to add that the ref was rubbish. .[/quote]

Maybe the ref was rubbish, but to be fair. I think it would have been harsh on MK Dons if they didnt get a point. We played poop after 15/20 mins really. Well, mediocre rest of first half , but we were terrible in 2nd half. Why keep playing these kids, Daley, Adeyemi and Smith? We need strong players with experience in this league. Eg Holt, Askou, Mcveigh [;)]

[quote user="Lineo"]These players are PAID ridiculous amounts of money to play football every single day, you''re telling me that just because Hughes is off that one player can''t pass the ball? We have to hoof it?[/quote]thats not what im saying at all. but the best player we had creativly went off and we couldnt replace him with another of equal talent. therefore we had to changes shape etc. this could of suited MK  as they might of found it easier playing against the adaptation. hoofing was to allieviate pressure. didnt help though1 thing we need is physicality.

You are all totally underestimating how hard it is pass the ball in a professional football game, when you do see a team pass it well it looks so easy but it really isn''t. The best analogy I can think of is when you Ronnie O''Sullivan score a century, it really doesn''t look hard but any of us who have been down the local snooker club know how hard it is to score 20.The reality is with a few exceptions we aren''t good enough to play an exciting passing brand of football and league 1 teams aren''t going to make it easy for us. You have to earn the right and that isn''t simply saying just pass the ball Norwich. You have to win the ball in good position to then play, last night we were on the back foot after the first 20 minutes. When we did win the ball, we were deep in our own half with everyone behind the ball except for Holt. Holt is very good at running the channel and competing therefore the easiest thing to do is hoof it.We don''t have Chippy in midfield anymore, we are a 3rd tier side and we are going have to scrap for the right to play well.

[quote user="Longy"]You are all totally underestimating how hard it is pass the ball in a professional football game, when you do see a team pass it well it looks so easy but it really isn''t. The best analogy I can think of is when you Ronnie O''Sullivan score a century, it really doesn''t look hard but any of us who have been down the local snooker club know how hard it is to score 20.

The reality is with a few exceptions we aren''t good enough to play an exciting passing brand of football and league 1 teams aren''t going to make it easy for us. You have to earn the right and that isn''t simply saying just pass the ball Norwich. You have to win the ball in good position to then play, last night we were on the back foot after the first 20 minutes. When we did win the ball, we were deep in our own half with everyone behind the ball except for Holt. Holt is very good at running the channel and competing therefore the easiest thing to do is hoof it.

We don''t have Chippy in midfield anymore, we are a 3rd tier side and we are going have to scrap for the right to play well.
[/quote]

Wait for the teenage boys to tell you that they can all beat Ronnie O''Sullivan too, and scoring a century break is easy. Just be grateful that they''ll all be gone soon, earning millions with know time for the likes of us.[^o)]

I don''t care if I get slated because I raise my views, no matter how young I am.For players who have just played in the championship, surely it must be a lot easier to pass in league one

[quote user="Lineo"]I don''t care if I get slated because I raise my views, no matter how young I am.For players who have just played in the championship, surely it must be a lot easier to pass in league one[/quote]That''s so unbelievably naive.On Monday night we were bossing the game for the first 20 minutes, playing slick passing football.  When your key creative player gets crocked, and you don''t have someone on the bench with exactly the same talent then you are forced to change the way you play.  Now, long ball is not a pretty thing to watch, but at times it can be as effective as passing a team off the pitch.  Falling down the football pyramid does not make it easier to play a passing game, how many times do you see big teams struggling against lower division sides, an example would be Man Utd vs Burton a few seasons ago.  There are a lot more factors that make it hard to just rock up and start playing the ball around the pitch like world beaters.  One, we don''t necessarily have the players with the skill or judgment to do it.  Two, teams raise their games against so called ''bigger'' teams...and so on and so forth.You''re now going to tell me that your team does it, so why can''t Norwich...I am sorry but that is completely missing the point, and you can''t have watched or studied much football if you believe that is the case.  You may be younger, but I had a good understanding of the game by your age, and that wasn''t very long ago, you''ve just got to understand that your football is not indicative of the type of football played at Carrow Road and around the country on a Saturday afternoon.