Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Posh Res v NCFC Res - live now

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was just thinking that Graham.

But where would we be without a good scapegoat.[;)] I wouldn''t mind having a little bet that it was the midfield where we lost the game. Not making them a scapegoat mind!

But honestly mate.. whaddaya expect with that wicked cook in charge[;)]

[/quote]But Nutty, it''s a bit worrying that we''ve got fringe and bench players playing in that match that might have to be called up to play a part this weekend against the top side in the league. Don''t think anybody''s making any scapegoats (''cept wiz, but does he count?), I''m concerned that they''ve just taken a big hit by posh ressies.

[quote user="Fellas"]If Lambert was giving them rope to hang themselves previous, then they''ve jumped in the coffin and nailed it all up.
[/quote]

I might be missing something but aren''t we playing away from home against the reserves of a club a division above us? So is a defeat too surprising?

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was just thinking that Graham.

But where would we be without a good scapegoat.[;)] I wouldn''t mind having a little bet that it was the midfield where we lost the game. Not making them a scapegoat mind!

But honestly mate.. whaddaya expect with that wicked cook in charge[;)]

[/quote]

But Nutty, it''s a bit worrying that we''ve got fringe and bench players playing in that match that might have to be called up to play a part this weekend against the top side in the league. Don''t think anybody''s making any scapegoats (''cept wiz, but does he count?), I''m concerned that they''ve just taken a big hit by posh ressies.
[/quote]

And I love you too sunbeam.[:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Based on what? The words ''Hoolahan cracker'' on a Twitter entry? Unbelievable.[/quote]Well i''ll put my hands up if it turns out that he''s essentially responsible for the overall result, but personally, i struggle to believe he''ll be walking of that pitch hanging his head in shame.And for what it''s worth, with our reserves scoring 2 goals away against Peterborough, it''d leave me to assume the main issues did not seem to lye in the forward play. I think it''s safe to say the problems lay in the defensive play, after a scoreline like that.And therefore Doherty is going to recieve criticism, whether you like it or not (and seeing as we''ve sufferred our worst defeats this season with him in the backline anyway, i wouldn''t claim that to be an unfair assumption truth be told).

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="Fellas"]If Lambert was giving them rope to hang themselves previous, then they''ve jumped in the coffin and nailed it all up.[/quote]

I might be missing something but aren''t we playing away from home against the reserves of a club a division above us? So is a defeat too surprising?

[/quote]It''s that bad now that we have to be content with drubbings off of Posh reserves. What with the ex-prem defender, the u-19 international keeper, the potential talisman and a player brought in in the summer widely touted previous to be one of best players. Forgive me for being miserable but I hate league 1.

Sorry that''s all nonsense. You have NO IDEA what went on at that game. No-one here does. We fielded six youngsters with no first-team experience between them. So is it not their responsibility at all? Or should we just pick on the two players we all know about and have divided opinion more than anybody else at the club? And what sort of team did Peterborough play, was it more experienced and maybe stronger (remembering they are a division above us)?

Or shall we just make assumptions and watch as they slowly turn into fact into the world of the Pink ''un just to suit people''s vendettas. Who knows.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That was in response to John''s post by the way.[/quote].... Not kidding. [:|]

Why is it worrying Fellas? I saw the ressies play very well and stuff southend last week but it had no relevance to our fixture against MK Dons that I could see.

As far as The Doc is concerned I doubt the 5 goals conceded today will affect his first team chances no more than the clean sheet last week did. He is where he is regardless. It seems Hoolahan is too.

I most definitely was not there but have enough common sense

and a statistical mentality that does seem to trigger my thinking that Doc in

the team means goals conceded.   

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why is it worrying Fellas? I saw the ressies play very well and stuff southend last week but it had no relevance to our fixture against MK Dons that I could see.

As far as The Doc is concerned I doubt the 5 goals conceded today will affect his first team chances no more than the clean sheet last week did. He is where he is regardless. It seems Hoolahan is too.

[/quote]I feel it''s more worrying now because of the timliness. Lambert might not like Hoolahan or Doc, he might not even think them sufficent but what with the spate of injuries we look very thin on the ground we''re probably gonna need them in some form. Losing a football game is frustrating at the best of times and at the worst depressing. It looks likely that Whaley and/or Hoolahan could be on the bench, and I''ll be surprised (if Nelson and/or drury are out Saturday) if the Doc won''t be sniffing round a call up. Either way a loss won''t do those players confidence any good.

"Dominic GREEN floated a superb free-kick into the top corner after Batt had been felled on the edge of the area.", "a mix-up in the Norwich defence allowed BATT to round the goalkeeper and slot the ball into an empty net.", "had appeals for a spot-kick turned down after Batt was pulled down by Gary Doherty.".Sounds as if the defence were playing a similar game as to that of which we were playing early on in the season. Can hardly blame Doc entirely admittedly, but with a scoreline like that, i have my doubts as to whether Doc was setting a good defensive example to the kids as captain.... To be honest, i''m not one of the major Doc haters on here. I approved of his captaincy last season, but i''ve been far from convinced by his performances this season (which are far worse than his performances last season... I may be being cynical here, but isn''t that indigatory of having a poor attitude after having dropped down a level in football?).

Well I see the refs are still not giving all those free kicks and penalties that the Doc gives away. He is extremely lucky to keep finding such benelovent refs.

Yes Mr Bump, it is more interesting that Francomb didn''t play. I''m not sure if that is because he was not fit, or not selected or part of plans for Saturday. I think he is a right back though. It was interesting too that Wiggins was on the bench but we don''t know if he played.

[quote user="John"]"Dominic GREEN floated a superb free-kick into the top corner after Batt had been felled on the edge of the area.", "a mix-up in the Norwich defence allowed BATT to round the goalkeeper and slot the ball into an empty net.", "had appeals for a spot-kick turned down after Batt was pulled down by Gary Doherty.".Sounds as if the defence were playing a similar game as to that of which we were playing early on in the season. Can hardly blame Doc entirely admittedly, but with a scoreline like that, i have my doubts as to whether Doc was setting a good defensive example to the kids as captain.... To be honest, i''m not one of the major Doc haters on here. I approved of his captaincy last season, but i''ve been far from convinced by his performances this season (which are far worse than his performances last season... I may be being cynical here, but isn''t that indigatory of having a poor attitude after having dropped down a level in football?).[/quote]

Phew - glad he didn''t do well. Not good for the youngsters playing ny his side though. Doc must go - completely!

Doc is a big fat part of that defence with Premiership experience. He should be more than capable of handling a crappy reserve team but he is a big pile of steaming poo

Nice to see some young players coming through the reserve side.What?  We lost 5-2?Oh well, in that case, I expect Norwich''s line up v Peterborough Reserves was...

RuddDoherty Doherty  Doherty  DohertyDoherty  Doherty  Doherty  Hoolahan                  Doherty  Doherty

How can anyone comment on something they have not seen or even heard a commentary on.  some of you are real prats.

I''ll offer some comments from someone who went to the game....

I think it is fair to say that not many of those on display today will be getting anywhere near the first team this season. Out of the senior players only Wes and Doc looked capable of playing in the first team. Despite the comments on here Doc had a solid enough game and was not at fault for any of the goals. Wes started in centre mid but looked a much better once playing higher up the pitch in the second half. Good finish for his goal.

Whaley was woeful - gave the ball away on numerous occasions, created little and managed to sky a relatively simple finish. Cody rarely got into dangerous postitions and when he did his first touch let him down. Maric partnered him upfront - first time I''d seen him play and expect that it might be the last. The front two were substituted early in the second half and we looked much more of an attacking threat after the change.

Out of the youngsters the two which I had heard the most positive comments about were the most disappointing. Rudd has a long way to go before we can rely on him to be first choice. Seemed to spill a simple save to gift Posh their second and hesitated to make their fifth straight forward as well. Stephens gave away a pointless free kick, after being completing beaten, from which Posh scored their first and made life far to easy for the striker on the third goal. He seems to lack pace and struggled the whole game to deal with Shawn Batt who was playing up front for Posh.

The only young player who I was at all encouraged by was Dawkin who played on the left of midfield. He got to the byline and put in a few dangerous crosses and took his goal well.

Overall not much to be encouraged by and Lambert has a lot of dead wood to get off the clubs books - in my opinion he should start with Whaley and Maric.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Nice to see some young players coming through the reserve side.What?  We lost 5-2?Oh well, in that case, I expect Norwich''s line up v Peterborough Reserves was...

RuddDoherty Doherty  Doherty  DohertyDoherty  Doherty  Doherty  Hoolahan                  Doherty  Doherty

[/quote]Come on mister chops how likely is that, we scored 2 with Doherty up front??????????????????????

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Thanks for the report on the game, that was an interesting read.[/quote]

Yes indeed Graham. Very interesting and revealing.

But what does it mean for this thread[:^)]

I suspect it''s goodnight Vienna [S]