Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Spurs

yes indeed!

But Spurs away this season is no easy match. They are flying at the moment- the fixture list continues to be cruel to us!!

But if the boys go there, enjoy their football and bust a gut- they could catch spurs napping!!!

A draw would be an awesom result really - away from home and all

those three points may elude us a while yet 

Can''t see heads dropiing with the players - now as for some of the posters on here though!!

I''m confident we can pick up a point on Sunday, but as I''ve said on a thread before on here it''s the October fixtures that are key to our getting the proverbial decent start: judge our prospects (and confidence) then!

Sorry to put a dampner here but I can''t see us getting anything at Spurs.  I''m really looking forward to going and I''m going to shout and scream til I''m hoarse but I think Spurs might win.  I''d be dead chuffed with a point

You''re so right DDiM. We are facing a side managed by the ex-France manager, who have spent MILLIONS on their massive squad and have huge fan base. They have a team littered with first class internationals.

We will be lucky to come away with a point, and anyone who thinks this is an easy place to go for 3 points needs to stop dreaming and get real.

i am surprised DD, of course we are going to win!! spurs are not arsenal, not even newcastle, and we are just getting into our stride

of course many of the pink un''s top posters will be there, so how can we lose     with all that fervent support eh?

see you there, pete and DD!  I am going to predict a 2-1 win for us

No, "Spurs are not Newcastle". Why do people think that a game against a side who haven''t lost will be easier than against a side who haven''t won? Huh? For me, this is just a continuation of our difficult start... and it carries on against Villa and Liverpool.

It only really gets a little easier against Portsmouth early in Oct, and then the rest of Oct is against lesser teams so we should start to pick up some points then. Don''t judge Spurs on where they finished last season, judge them on their current form and team, which has changed a bit I think!

[quote]Can we do it?[/quote]

of course!

Make sure you sing load, those of you who are going, ill be listening on the radio!

Nigel''s face at Sunday lunch.

Santini''s face at Sunday lunch.

C''est la vie, Monsieur, did you not know that Nigel is the next Arsene Wenger!

OTBC

P.S.  AJ - if you will not downsize your signature, could you please use the spell check provided!!!!!!!!!!

One love.

I''m sure it will be a close game, but anyone harbouring ideas that we will win might be disappointed by teh end of the weekend.

Spurs look hard to beat (and they''re at home) and with Defoe they somewhat look dangerous. That said, they have a slighty iffy midfield (Sean Davis aside) and this is where the game will be won, so come on Francis & Holty

I will be happy with a point, but secretly I always want all 3.

This is a website full of positive thinking, and I think that we will cause an upset.  Sure Spurs are up-and-coming, new coach and all.  But we too are up-and-coming, fresh from a fortnight break, and a fortnight''s training and preparation for the game.  I am sure that Worthy has taken the lads back to the drawing board for this one.

Worthy knows how to surprise even us.  Don''t bet that he can''t conjour up a surprise or two at White Hart Lane.  Secret Weapon?  The Doc, of course - fired up and ready to poke one in against his old colleagues.

Prediction League tip: Score Draw or more...

[quote]This is a website full of positive thinking, and I think that we will cause an upset. Sure Spurs are up-and-coming, new coach and all. But we too are up-and-coming, fresh from a fortnight break, and...[/quote]

Hate to put a dampener on things but Spurs are looking quite lively this year. Their team:

Robinson

Ifill
King
Davenport
Edman

Davies
Davis
Mendes
Jackson

Defoe
Keane

Subs:
Kanoute
Brown
Redknapp
Gardner

It''s a GOOD side. Santini has bought wildly but well. And Defoe is playing fantastically with Mendes starting to look the part.

2-1 to the Spurs.

I''ll be the lone Yellers supporter at teh Spurs pub here in New York.....

[quote]i am surprised DD, of course we are going to win!! spurs are not arsenal, not even newcastle, and we are just getting into our stride of course many of the pink un''s top posters will be there, so how...[/quote]

2-1 would be great! Good call.. who''ll score?

hucks and jonson (well.. he has to start playing well eventually doesn he?)