Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

17 Seconds!

Im sure there is not another thread on this - but just incase there is - im sorry [:D]

Wha actually is norwich''s quickest  ever goal?

has C.Martin out quickest ever goal scoreer??

From Cuffley''s match report...

Martin''s goal was quick but not quick enough to better City''s record 10-second effort by Ralph “Ginger” Johnson against Leyton Orient in 1946, nor Keith O''Neill''s goal after 12 seconds against Stoke in 1997.

[quote user="lappinitup"]It took Martin 17 secs to do what Cureton can''t do in 90 mins.[/quote]

Cureton doesn''t score, but Martin cancelled out his goal really.

Not slating him as I rate the guy.

[quote user="Iwans Left Foot"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]It took Martin 17 secs to do what Cureton can''t do in 90 mins.[/quote]

[/quote]But would Curo have been back in the box helping out the defence?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Iwans Left Foot"]

[/quote]But would Curo have been back in the box helping out the defence?[/quote]

Perhaps not, but if Martin had followed Cureton''s example we may well have come away with a point![8-|]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Iwans Left Foot"]

[/quote]But would Curo have been back in the box helping out the defence?[/quote]

Perhaps not, but if Martin had followed Cureton''s example we may well have come away with a point![8-|]

OTBC

[/quote]

Martin probably would have followed Cureton''s example if he''d played in Curetn''s position[8-|][8-|]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Im sure there is not another thread on this - but just incase there is - im sorry [:D]

Wha actually is norwich''s quickest  ever goal?

has C.Martin out quickest ever goal scoreer??

[/quote]

Not the quickest home goal and probably isn''t away either.

David Cross scored after just 15 secs against Everton at Goodison Park in the 3rd Round of the League Cup in the 1973/74 season.

We won 1-0 and went on to lose in the Semi Final to Wolves 

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I don''t rate Martin very highly. A bit big headed and arrogant for my liking.[/quote]

i think that was the martin that burst onto the screen, but i think he has changed now!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Iwans Left Foot"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Martin probably would have followed Cureton''s example if he''d played in Curetn''s position[8-|][8-|]

[/quote]

?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

?

OTBC

[/quote]

Martin played wide left in 433/451 and later in 442. It was his job to get up and down. Curo doesn''t play that position.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

?

OTBC

[/quote]

Martin played wide left in 433/451 and later in 442. It was his job to get up and down. Curo doesn''t play that position.

[/quote]

So, Cureton only plays 442 alongside Holt? He hasn''t played in a 433/451 with Holt as the 1 - or 1 of 3?

Just asking you see, as I mostly only watch on the wireless - as you like to put it.[:''(]

OTBC

Not that I''ve seen.

Didn''t go to Hartlepool mind. Did it look like he did on the wireless? I didn''t watch it[8-|]

To be truthful I wouldn''t play Cureton in that role..

Would you[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not that I''ve seen.

Didn''t go to Hartlepool mind. Did it look like he did on the wireless? I didn''t watch it[8-|]

[/quote]

Based on his age and recent record I suspect that I would not play him - full stop.

But then, of course, Lambert may think that he is critical to the shape of the team sometimes - rather like Capello & Heskey for England. Hey-ho Emile''s record of - what is it - 7 in 55 or so is worse than our lad Jamie''s. [:$] - but England keep on winning these days. So who''s to say our latest Scot doesn''t have the winning formula - just like Fabio the Fab?[:D]

Yep, it''s a funny old world sometimes.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not that I''ve seen.

[/quote]

Based on his age and recent record I suspect that I would not play him - full stop.

But then, of course, Lambert may think that he is critical to the shape of the team sometimes - rather like Capello & Heskey for England. Hey-ho Emile''s record of - what is it - 7 in 55 or so is worse than our lad Jamie''s. [:$] - but England keep on winning these days. So who''s to say our latest Scot doesn''t have the winning formula - just like Fabio the Fab?[:D]

Yep, it''s a funny old world sometimes.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Agreed. If we are winning with Cureton then, like England with Heskey, it matters whether he scores. But we''re not talking about that, we''re talking about playing him in a position where stamina to get up and down is needed.