Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

'When Saturday Comes' and 'Lineo' - Vindication.

I did post a couple of weeks ago that my friend had spoken to Huckerby when he met him after a San Jose game. Huckerby told him he was retiring due to his hip injury, as well as more or less everything that has appeared in his press interviews over the last 48 hours. The moderators deleted my post (I''m not sure exactly why), but not until after ''When Saturday Comes'' and ''Lineo'' had had a chance to call me a ''bullshitter'' (pardon the language - I''m just quoting). See http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1821467/ShowPost.aspx for the responses to my message, though my opening post is nowhere to be seen. I wonder whether the moderators would consider finding the deleted post, including quotes, and re-posting it?Anyway, it just goes to show that not everyone who comes on here is making things up. Still smell like bullshit, fellas?

Funny how the first post disappeared, and the PinkUn are happy to boost page views with ''teasers'' over an exclusive story everyone guessed at anyway...

I stand by what I said - an incredibly reliable source told me some time ago that Huckerby would be coming back to the club at the end of the year, in a playing/coaching capacity. At the time, that was true and the wheels were in motion. But things have changed - Gunny has gone, Huckerby has had to retire. Obviously it''s not going to happen now.

I never disputed that your mate had been to the game or overheard the conversation, I just felt it was unrealistic that he remembered everything word for word.

I have been saying on this board for months that Huckerby would be coming back, because that IS what the plan was. But I''m also big enough to hold my hands up and say that ultimately I was wrong. Although I wouldn''t be if Gunny was still in charge and Hucks didn''t have to retire.

I also suspect McNally has something to do with it, and rightly so.

What do you expect?  this is a corporate forum, anything they want to publish will be blasted into space so they get the coverage.

The post was second-quoting Darren without his permission and, as he quite rightly expected the conversation to remain private, he asked for it to be removed.

[quote user="Metatron"]I expect most of the players read this.

Wouldn''t you, just out of curiosity?[/quote]i would not only read it but post too i wonder if any players are secretly people on here? Wiz = Jamie anyone?

Yeh i heard a Gunn theory that I posted once and was deleted, maybe more truth in it than people wanted out in the open ?*shrugs*Guess we will never know !! :)