Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Wes Hoolahan

I was talking to a Blackpool Season Ticket holder today who reckons there has been speculation on their forum that if Hoolahan plas 2 more games for us it triggers a further payment - I pointed out that we signed Hoolahan for £250,000 by triggering a clause in his contract with them so this seemed unlikely. I''m not sure how many games Wes has played for us but if he is 2 away from say 50 games maybe there is something in this and would go further to explain why they were so keen for Gunn and Lambert to off-load.

Would explain a few things but I too thought it was a 250,000 release clause and we threw in Matthew Gilks as a freebie.

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]According to the offy site he has played 38 times since he signed.

Could a clause be triggered after 40 games.
[/quote]

41 in all competitions although doesn''t have to be a rounded figure to trigger a clause. Wasn''t there some payout after a footballer made 17 appearances for a club recently? I forget who.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]According to the offy site he has played 38 times since he signed.Could a clause be triggered after 40 games.[/quote]

41 in all competitions although doesn''t have to be a rounded figure to trigger a clause. Wasn''t there some payout after a footballer made 17 appearances for a club recently? I forget who.

[/quote]Who was that Aussie keeper who triggered a large payout after playing just the one match for his new club?

Yeh, good one. And who was that new football club MD with expert knowledge of what makes a good football manager who sacked a manager after two games, one lost badly and the other won well, triggered a large payout, claims for compensation and the throwaway of 5 points ?

I may have to start a new thread on this, and I know this is about Hoolahoop, but...

we all know that Chippy got an extensive contract here, and he is still around... just wondered how long Gunn and Butts had on their contracts? anyone in the know have an idea?

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Yeh, good one. And who was that new football club MD with expert knowledge of what makes a good football manager who sacked a manager after two games, one lost badly and the other won well, triggered a large payout, claims for compensation and the throwaway of 5 points ?[/quote]

Are you Gunny in disguise??

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Yeh, good one. And who was that new football club MD with expert knowledge of what makes a good football manager who sacked a manager after two games, one lost badly and the other won well, triggered a large payout, claims for compensation and the throwaway of 5 points ?[/quote]

I have no idea....

...why you''re still on about this.You''re majorly outvoted, get over it.