Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Korey Smith - What a prospect!

Just wanted to mention Korey on here myself. I''ve seen him a few times now this season and I really think he has such great potential. Thought he was excellent vs MK Dons when you consider the role he was asked to play at the age he''s at.

I''m looking forward to seeing more from him him this year. Keep it up Korey!!!

I agree.

I always thought that he was a wide right midfield player, but Lambert mentioned that he wants more youth in the team as he felt that the team lacked energy and so far Smith has impressed me in a holding midfield role.

He does look like he will be really good, and hopefully he will prove to be so, unlike quite a few over the last few years since Robert Green really.....

He''s doing alright. Sometimes he''s looked very good but other times he''s looked lost and out of his depth.

Time will tell if he can make the grade.

Is it only me who think we were totally outplayed in central midfield v. MK Dons? That is after Hughes left the pitch...

But I hope you are right that Korey Smith will be a very good player...

Went to the MK game, thought he was a touch slow to make his mind up

Other players reacted quicker, plus he needs to get a bit stronger.

I think we should encourage players like him not put too much pressure on when they are not ready.

[quote user="norfolk-n-good"]Went to the MK game, thought he was a touch slow to make his mind up

Other players reacted quicker, plus he needs to get a bit stronger.

I think we should encourage players like him not put too much pressure on when they are not ready.[/quote]Completely agreed, the same with Daley as well. Perhaps speed of decision making is one of those things which really improve with age.

Korey Smith looked to be forging a decent partnership with Hughes. Tom Adeyemi has impressed me too. Two real bonuses that have done a lot to offset the disappointing quality of Gill and Tudor-Jones. But as Luke Daley has found, being thrown in at the deep end because senior players can''t cut it can be a harsh way to learn. We need our senior players to pull their weight to allow the kids time to develop.

These guys are so young but are punching above their weight. Let''s not put too much pressure on them with high expectations and negative criticism.

[quote user="Ole"]Is it only me who think we were totally outplayed in central midfield v. MK Dons? That is after Hughes left the pitch... But I hope you are right that Korey Smith will be a very good player...[/quote]

because Lambert got this sub wrong in my opinion...should have brought Adeyemi on and kept 442, bringing on McVeigh, dropping Smith back to a 4141 gave them the initiative and isolated Holt

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Korey Smith looked to be forging a decent partnership with Hughes. Tom Adeyemi has impressed me too. Two real bonuses that have done a lot to offset the disappointing quality of Gill and Tudor-Jones.

But as Luke Daley has found, being thrown in at the deep end because senior players can''t cut it can be a harsh way to learn. We need our senior players to pull their weight to allow the kids time to develop.

[/quote]

Daley''s main issue is upper body strength as he looks very easy to shrug off the ball, a year of weight training and he could be a decent player for us next year, Lamberts problem is being forcedto play him due to lack of any other pace in the squad (Cody aside)