Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

tomorrows line up

id like to see this tomorrow, depending on fitness, assume that nelson and hughes most likely to miss out.

forster

semmy spillane askou drury

smith russell hoolahan lappin

holt martin

subs

rudd, mcdonald, adayemi, daley, stephens, mcveigh, cureton

I expect something like that. That midfield would be more of a diamond than a straight 4-4-2, with Hoolahan behind the forwards.

yeah, i think this kind of works, although i would change it slightly to 4-3-3, or even 4-3-2-1:

---------------forster-------------

semmy---micky----askou---drury

smith--------russell---------lappin

-----hoolahan-------martin-------

---------------holt----------------

this would make us quite threatening up front, with wes cutting in from the right onto his left foot and martin coming in off the left to use his right. we don''t have anyone that can regularly cross the ball well from open play, so why not move the ball down the middle of the pitch. think we''ve got the players to make it work, but do we think that we''ve got a management team willing to adopt such a formation?

[quote user="Salopian"]Is Smith a winger/wide player?[/quote]I think he played his debut vs Charlton as a RM, and he did well.

[quote user="GeeBee"]yeah, i think this kind of works, although i would change it slightly to 4-3-3, or even 4-3-2-1:

---------------forster-------------

semmy---micky----askou---drury

smith--------russell---------lappin

-----hoolahan-------martin-------

---------------holt----------------

this would make us quite threatening up front, with wes cutting in from the right onto his left foot and martin coming in off the left to use his right. we don''t have anyone that can regularly cross the ball well from open play, so why not move the ball down the middle of the pitch. think we''ve got the players to make it work, but do we think that we''ve got a management team willing to adopt such a formation?[/quote]I like that formation

Forster

Semmy           Nelson          Askou           Drury

Russell               Smith

McVeigh               Hoolahan              Lappin

Holt

I''d go with the Liverpool 4-2-3-1 with Lappin, WLY and Hoolahan in behind Holt with Rusty sitting deep alongside Smith.