Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Whaley on loan

Brilliant move. He is a confidence player and clearly lost it all in the colchester game. looked good pre season and hopefully can get some good games played and come back rejuvinated. he is the type of player we need on the right wing if he is in good form

I may be really wrong, but he isn''t the sort of player that would benefit from a loan..

He wouldn''t drop to league 2 so I doubt there is any other way to build his confidence up than just sticking with him!

He has bags of pace and by the sounds of it, on his day can embarrass most defenders, just needs to get his head down and work for it like alot of players in football need to these days!

I am hoping that this is a master stroke for him to get some games. Being in an inferior squad and the big fish will give him confidence if all things go well. Could also mean that we are in line to get a replacement right winger... that lad from Swindon?

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]I may be really wrong, but he isn''t the sort of player that would benefit from a loan.. He wouldn''t drop to league 2 so I doubt there is any other way to build his confidence up than just sticking with him! He has bags of pace and by the sounds of it, on his day can embarrass most defenders, just needs to get his head down and work for it like alot of players in football need to these days![/quote]

He has gone to League 2 so you are wrong. I think he''ll benefit from it, if he doesn''t come back a better player we should offload on a permanent basis. McAnamee would be a better bet I think.

Just read online that he actually has gone on loan..

Sorry guys, thought it was just someone saying they thought he could do with going on loan!

Also, I am going to apologise lol as he has dropped to League 2... D''oh!!!

Well, can''t be a bad thing.. Fingers crossed we get a confident player afterwards!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]I may be really wrong, but he isn''t the sort of player that would benefit from a loan.. He wouldn''t drop to league 2 so I doubt there is any other way to build his confidence up than just sticking with him! He has bags of pace and by the sounds of it, on his day can embarrass most defenders, just needs to get his head down and work for it like alot of players in football need to these days![/quote]

He has gone to League 2 so you are wrong. I think he''ll benefit from it, if he doesn''t come back a better player we should offload on a permanent basis. McAnamee would be a better bet I think.

[/quote]

Alright, Alright... I admitted I was wrong....

As said before, the lad is a confidence player and has clearly lost it.

Hopefully if the loan works he will come back restored and able to play at a crucial time when we have a lot of games in quick succession.

It''s not another fine mess that gunn got us, I think you will find that a lot of people were happy that we got a decent champ player in. Yes, as my friends have alluded he is a confidence player, but he has the quality for champ let alone league 2. I doubt he will come back as he is a northern lad, shame.

[quote user="Bouncebackability"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote] Alright, Alright... I admitted I was wrong....[/quote]

Haha....I just got in before you though :P

I think it''ll be a good move for him.

It always amazes me when players (especially those without wives and kids) find it so difficult to "settle" in an area. I could understand it if he moved to Turkey or somewhere far flung but Norwich isn''t that bad is it. I''m constantly moving around for my job but I still manage to settle and make new friends. To me it is just an easy excuse to give when things become a little tough at a new club

Oh dear. Looks like we''ve landed ourselves another Jason Jarrett.

A player from, and who has played most of his football in the north-west that can''t settle here, don''t be surprised if he drifts around the lower league clubs of the north now for the rest of his career!

[quote user="Big Dog "]That''s another fine mess you got us into Mr Gunn...jesus wept.[/quote]

Yep, another Gunn cock up shipped out..........hope it becomes permanent!

He is crap. I''m still struggling to see how he ever made it as a proffessional footballer. Truly crap!

[quote user="coops"]He is crap. I''m still struggling to see how he ever made it as a proffessional footballer. Truly crap![/quote]Just what I was thinking.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]It''s not another fine mess that gunn got us, I think you will find that a lot of people were happy that we got a decent champ player in. Yes, as my friends have alluded he is a confidence player, but he has the quality for champ let alone league 2. I doubt he will come back as he is a northern lad, shame.[/quote]

Manchester is only a few hours away not a million miles away, if these so called footballers are unsettled because they are few hours away from where they were born then they need to get a grip!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]It''s not another fine mess that gunn got us, I think you will find that a lot of people were happy that we got a decent champ player in. Yes, as my friends have alluded he is a confidence player, but he has the quality for champ let alone league 2. I doubt he will come back as he is a northern lad, shame.[/quote]

Manchester is only a few hours away not a million miles away, if these so called footballers are unsettled because they are few hours away from where they were born then they need to get a grip!

All this rubbish about finding it hard to settle and hes a confidence player...........i really don''t get it. A grown adult becoming home sick...??? Honestly whats that all about......i could understand if he had moved away and was living in a cramped 1 bedroom flat with no money and no friends doing a job he didn''t like, but come on im sure he is on a healthy wage could buy a nice pad and must love being a professional footballer.....which im sure makes it easier to make friends!! Also confidence.......we all have our bad days we just have to pick ourselves up and carry on......is that such a hard ask of a football player who trains for his job more than the actual time he is supposed to perform each week (90 mins).

Whats the world coming too!!!!