Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Is Lambert another Roeder?

The way he is treating certain players reminds me of how Glen Roeder used to treat a few players and staff. The way he is treating Hoolahan is shocking! I can''t speak for everyone here but Hoolahan is not only our best player, but probably most people''s favourite player. Roeder lost alot of supporters by the way he treated Huckerby. And now the news today that the kit man has left, it makes you wonder who is next for the Cull!

Every new manager gets rid of players and staff at their new clubs. At the end of the day, managers have different opinions on players, and one man''s favourite player will be another man''s whipping boy. It''s all opinions really.

Hoolahan has not had a fair chance, he''s not a very good winger but is a great player in his "Free Role"

Also it don''t mean Lappin won''t be playing.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Oh sorry bristol_canary I forgot about Donkey Dotherty and scores alot Jamie Cureton![/quote]the doc is one of the worst defenders in the clubs history, and curo is a bag of s***id say our best player at the mo is the horse

Lambert is not another Roeder, he is more like Martin o''Neil who selects his players on how they play and not how they could play.

Reputations seem to count for very little and rightly so.

Hoolahan looks like he can''t be bothered when he takes the pitch,and Doherty has never been a great defender just a great club person.

I think Lambert is a breath of fresh air and is taking the club in the right direction.

I don''t believe that every Business owner gets on well with all their employees so why should it be any different with a manager and his players who are overpaid with inflated egos?

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Lambert is not another Roeder, he is more like Martin o''Neil who selects his players on how they play and not how they could play. Reputations seem to count for very little and rightly so. Hoolahan looks like he can''t be bothered when he takes the pitch,and Doherty has never been a great defender just a great club person. I think Lambert is a breath of fresh air and is taking the club in the right direction. I don''t believe that every Business owner gets on well with all their employees so why should it be any different with a manager and his players who are overpaid with inflated egos?[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say - Hoolahan has not played enough good names in a Norwich shirt to warrant the adulation he receives from some quarters.  Lambert plays it as he sees it, and you have to remember that even this early on, time is of the essence - we have to be picking up regularly.  To do this you need players who deliver consistently.  If that reduces the ''flair'' element of the team in the short-term, so be it. 

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Lambert is not another Roeder, he is more like Martin o''Neil who selects his players on how they play and not how they could play. Reputations seem to count for very little and rightly so. Hoolahan looks like he can''t be bothered when he takes the pitch,and Doherty has never been a great defender just a great club person. I think Lambert is a breath of fresh air and is taking the club in the right direction. I don''t believe that every Business owner gets on well with all their employees so why should it be any different with a manager and his players who are overpaid with inflated egos?[/quote]

I''ll go along with this. How they play is key to selection, not how they could play.

As for Doherty, I think his time is at an end for us. Look back at posts from years gone by and you''ll see that Malky got slated when he made mistakes towards the end of his City career. However, many of Malky''s errors were countered by his ability to lead and boss the team around on the pitch, plus he endeavoured to rectify errors, whereas Doc seems to lose confidence when he makes a mistake, keeping his head down instead of getting on with the game.

[quote user="colneycanary"]The way he is treating certain players reminds me of how Glen Roeder used to treat a few players and staff. The way he is treating Hoolahan is shocking! I can''t speak for everyone here but Hoolahan is not only our best player, but probably most people''s favourite player. Roeder lost alot of supporters by the way he treated Huckerby. And now the news today that the kit man has left, it makes you wonder who is next for the Cull![/quote]

To be fair I believe the kitman was already working his notice so nothing to do with Lambert!

I see elements of Peter Grant in him unfortunately.I have a feeling he has a better understanding of his job, but Grant had a very similar start to Lambert at the club. So i''m not going to draw to any "Martin O''Neil" conclusions just yet.If you asked me what i felt in my heart, in all honesty, i don''t feel he''s going to bring us forward, while over time we are destined for decline under him. However bearing in mind my years of supporting City have conjured up quite a cynic in me, it may be best for the majority on here not to take that to heart.However, i do personally feel it''s worth noting that i was the only individual on here to predict we''d fail to win against Walsall prior to the game.My suggestion, basically is that we don''t all jump on to a bandwagon, only to come crashing down, then go out hounding for the blood of those responsible as a consequence.We''re a fickle bunch, and years without a true light of hope does that to a club.If you can, rise above it people.

What is with people patting themselves on the back on this forum, remind us John what you said the score would be on Saturday?

2-1 To Walsall.... Like i said, i was the only one who didn''t predict a win. Why is that an issue for you exactly?[^o)]I''m merely using it as an example as to why we should not get caught up in all the hype.Too many people have been too quick to jump on the bandwagon, only to then go on a witch hunt afterwards.In this case Lambert is going to be given an excessive amount of stick, and there''s then every chance we could be responsible for damaging the prospects of having some success under Paul.Like i pointed out though, it is natural for a club desperate for a light of hope, such as ourselves, to react like that.All i''m saying is we rise above that sort of mentallity.

The game Saturday was crying out with 20 minutes to play, for Hoolahan . We had no plan b and not a single player on the pitch who could create anything. I was board stiff and if this is the dross,  we are going to watch week in week out the club will continue to decline.  

man get off Lamberts case.Use your brains im sick of this.If this is the kinda flack you guys give Lambert when he DRAWS a game, im scared of our first loss.Oh yeh.. wake up call, we will lose some more this season.Lambert is not god, but he is by far the best manager we have had in years.Dont all be pricks to him even if this is a msg board.

The kit man had already put his notice in so that''s a non starter and has nothing to do with Lambo.

No, I don''t think he is another Roeder but I think there is certainly a Roeder "undercoat" on the gloss which is my patented phrase elsewhere.

He did some very good things for Colchester but his personal dealings with players were appalling (my opinion).

[quote user="John"]   I see elements of Peter Grant in him unfortunately.[/quote]What? Because he''s Scottish?I can''t think of anyone LESS like Peter Grant.And the answer to the original question is.... No.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The kit man had already put his notice in so that''s a non starter and has nothing to do with Lambo.

No, I don''t think he is another Roeder but I think there is certainly a Roeder "undercoat" on the gloss which is my patented phrase elsewhere.

He did some very good things for Colchester but his personal dealings with players were appalling (my opinion).

[/quote]

Cam, you lost must be really furious i actually feel for Colchester a bit, ( although with ol Hoofroyd i guess your content)

Firstly, we steal your manager, then our slapped arses of fans have the gaul to complain and moan about him because we expect a 5-0 every game. I find it sickening and think a lot of people are showing their true colours.

Its not about being a Happy Clapper, but so many people in here are classic arm chair Champ Managers is a joke.

Have any of you morons actually even PLAYED a 90 min game of football much less coached managed one ???

I managed a school team last year and its a lot bleeding harder than it looks !!

PS: And in our 0-0 draw (nail biting game) I haven''t seen us play with that "freedom" since Parkinson.

Maybe Lambo wasn''t right for our club but is right for yours?

[quote user="jimbob"]

The game Saturday was crying out with 20 minutes to play, for Hoolahan . We had no plan b and not a single player on the pitch who could create anything. I was board stiff and if this is the dross,  we are going to watch week in week out the club will continue to decline.  

[/quote]

To be fair to Walsall''s defenders they didn''t put a foot wrong in the game and they looked like good defenders in this league.  They were strong and got stuck in as did the midfielders who would be marking Hoolahan.  Hoolahan is just like Huckerby in the way that if he comes up agaisnt a player who likes to put his foot in he is fighting a loosing battle because he is just not strong enough, and not good enough to take it past him every time.

I take it you are refering to hoofball here?  I think people should stop jumping to conclusions and actually look at individual performances instead of blaming Lambert.  Hughes and Smith didn''t offer themselves enough to all the players so the likes of Nelson and Askou had no choice but to lump it.

As for Lambert I think so far he has shown good signs.  He has not persisted with fans favourites just because there favourites, e.g. Doc and Hoolahan.  And don''t say no to Doc because most of you on here loved Doc last season before the 7-1.  He has given players chances to show what they can do and he has picked what he thinks the best team is from that.  I know he is playing Cureton but the way Lambert seems to work, Cureton wont be in there much longer.  Give the bloke a chance.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="John"]   I see elements of Peter Grant in him unfortunately.[/quote]What? Because he''s Scottish?I can''t think of anyone LESS like Peter Grant.And the answer to the original question is.... No.

[/quote]Personally, i feel there are vague similarities outside the national aspects. For one, i feel that i see similarities in the pattern of results and performances, but i guess only in time can we see if that sustains itself.But thats just avoiding the main point i was making anyway.[^o)]Some posters on this board are only too quick to perpetrate others on here. Calm the attitude, be rational, and discuss.I assume that isn''t too much to ask?

[quote user="John"]I see elements of Peter Grant in him unfortunately.I have a feeling he has a better understanding of his job, but Grant had a very similar start to Lambert at the club. So i''m not going to draw to any "Martin O''Neil" conclusions just yet.If you asked me what i felt in my heart, in all honesty, i don''t feel he''s going to bring us forward, while over time we are destined for decline under him. However bearing in mind my years of supporting City have conjured up quite a cynic in me, it may be best for the majority on here not to take that to heart.However, i do personally feel it''s worth noting that i was the only individual on here to predict we''d fail to win against Walsall prior to the game.My suggestion, basically is that we don''t all jump on to a bandwagon, only to come crashing down, then go out hounding for the blood of those responsible as a consequence.We''re a fickle bunch, and years without a true light of hope does that to a club.If you can, rise above it people.[/quote]Erm I predicted that it would be a 0-0 draw.But I have a similar opinion to you so maybe it reaffirms that.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="John"]I see elements of Peter Grant in him unfortunately.I have a feeling he has a better understanding of his job, but Grant had a very similar start to Lambert at the club. So i''m not going to draw to any "Martin O''Neil" conclusions just yet.If you asked me what i felt in my heart, in all honesty, i don''t feel he''s going to bring us forward, while over time we are destined for decline under him. However bearing in mind my years of supporting City have conjured up quite a cynic in me, it may be best for the majority on here not to take that to heart.However, i do personally feel it''s worth noting that i was the only individual on here to predict we''d fail to win against Walsall prior to the game.My suggestion, basically is that we don''t all jump on to a bandwagon, only to come crashing down, then go out hounding for the blood of those responsible as a consequence.We''re a fickle bunch, and years without a true light of hope does that to a club.If you can, rise above it people.[/quote]Erm I predicted that it would be a 0-0 draw.But I have a similar opinion to you so maybe it reaffirms that.[/quote]I wasn''t aware Bump.I apologise..... Nice one on the prediction by the way.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Cam, you lost must be really furious i actually feel for Colchester a bit, ( although with ol Hoofroyd i guess your content)

Firstly, we steal your manager, then our slapped arses of fans have the gaul to complain and moan about him because we expect a 5-0 every game. I find it sickening and think a lot of people are showing their true colours.

Its not about being a Happy Clapper, but so many people in here are classic arm chair Champ Managers is a joke.

Have any of you morons actually even PLAYED a 90 min game of football much less coached managed one ???

I managed a school team last year and its a lot bleeding harder than it looks !!

[/quote]

I am not furious at all. I think we have the right manager for us and hopefully you have the right manager for you.  We were furious at the time of course, somewhat disruptive to a good start, but having watched the keeper punch the air in a 0-0 draw with 10 men from the 36th minute as if he had just won a bloody Cup Final at Wembley I''m a bit heartened this end.

They come and they go.  We played with a freedom on Saturday that I haven''t seen since Parkinson which has cheered me up a lot! Yes, it''s risky but I like it.

Lambo likes his shape and formula stuff and we didn''t do too badly whereas Boothroyd says: "I''ll change it according to the game."

Played for Reading many years ago for two seasons and first choice keeper for 18 months of that in Third Division (South).[+o(] 

I don''t think he''s a Roeder.....But the team was crying out for a change at half-time....I felt, it just didn''t come soon enough.

So, is Lambert another Gunn?.....

I don''t care if Lambert bullwhips the squad and makes them train in deep-sea waders, oilskins and a Sou''wester.....If we get the required results and play a decent standard of football, that''s what he''s here for and I''ll be happy with that.

I''m sick of this nancy prancy poor footballer pretty boys, who go boo hoo and cry into their Moet in the VIP lounge of Mercy whilst seeking solace and comfort from Domestos dyed barnet and Tango orange tanned limpet luvverlies...because they''ve had a bad day on the pitch.....

Kiss the club badge? Kiss my hearse!

Now, what was the title of the thread again? 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I don''t think he''s a Roeder.....But the team was crying out for a change at half-time....I felt, it just didn''t come soon enough.

So, is Lambert another Gunn?.....

I don''t care if Lambert bullwhips the squad and makes them train in deep-sea waders, oilskins and a Sou''wester.....If we get the required results and play a decent standard of football, that''s what he''s here for and I''ll be happy with that.

I''m sick of this nancy prancy poor footballer pretty boys, who go boo hoo and cry into their Moet in the VIP lounge of Mercy whilst seeking solace and comfort from Domestos dyed barnet and Tango orange tanned limpet luvverlies...because they''ve had a bad day on the pitch.....

Kiss the club badge? Kiss my hearse!

Now, what was the title of the thread again? 

[/quote]

Agreed but what is possibly right for one squad may not fit another.

Isn''t that the actual trick?[:|]