Sign in to follow this  
yarmy

What do the fans know???

I agree with what appears to be the majority on here that the "Ginger Pele" will not be missed and has been poor for a while......

However as many feel he is one of the worst players in our history can someone explain to me how he previously won the player of the year award and came runner up in another season.......the season he won he even beat Hucks!!.........

This is voted for by the fans...so will anyone on here own up to voting for him....by the way I didn''t!!!!

[quote user="yarmy"]

However as many feel he is one of the worst players in our history can someone explain to me how he previously won the player of the year award and came runner up in another season.......the season he won he even beat Hucks!!.........

[/quote]Or perhaps, seeing as he won the Barry Butler trophy in 2005-6 and came 3rd last season, can someone explain to me why they think he is one of the worst players in our history?

[quote user="Pablo Pickarsole"]It would appear that Worthy still likes the ginger one as well, going on his post match comments after that awful, incompetent Sunderland display.[/quote]Yep.  Worthy did.  Chris Lakey also made Doc man of the match against Sunderland.  But what do they know?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Pablo Pickarsole"]It would appear that Worthy still likes the ginger one as well, going on his post match comments after that awful, incompetent Sunderland display.[/quote]

Yep.  Worthy did.  Chris Lakey also made Doc man of the match against Sunderland.  But what do they know?
[/quote]

I think you mean, what does Chris Lakey know!

I think people who are saying he is a very poor player embarrassing themselves. As stated, he won player of the year once (the first non-british player), came runner up as well last year, epitomised desire and determination playing for the club (which is more than be said for the loan players that got us relegated). There is no way he should be frozen out to this extent. I totally understand that Nelson and Askou are first choice (for me it should be Askou +1) but if Nelson is injured, the Doc should be on the bench at least. I think if he get''s his head down and works hard in training, there''s no reason he shouldn''t be given other chances to prove that he is a good player that is easily good enough at this level.

*are embarrassing themselves. I have just embarrassed myself with a simple grammatical error due to my fury whilst writing the post. How ironic.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="yarmy"]

[/quote]

Or perhaps, seeing as he won the Barry Butler trophy in 2005-6 and came 3rd last season, can someone explain to me why they think he is one of the worst players in our history?

[/quote]

Erm? did you see the other candidates last season.............and he came third![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Erm? did you see the other candidates last season.............and he came third![:D][/quote]

Wasn''t he behind Croft and Clinghan? two players now in the division above us?

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

I think people who are saying he is a very poor player embarrassing themselves. As stated, he won player of the year once (the first non-british player), came runner up as well last year, epitomised desire and determination playing for the club (which is more than be said for the loan players that got us relegated). There is no way he should be frozen out to this extent. I totally understand that Nelson and Askou are first choice (for me it should be Askou +1) but if Nelson is injured, the Doc should be on the bench at least. I think if he get''s his head down and works hard in training, there''s no reason he shouldn''t be given other chances to prove that he is a good player that is easily good enough at this level.

[/quote]What about Lita and Lee. Those two in particular showed more desire and determination in their short stints here than some of the first team (Jon Otsemobor mainly) in the whole season.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="yarmy"]

[/quote]Or perhaps, seeing as he won the Barry Butler trophy in 2005-6 and came 3rd last season, can someone explain to me why they think he is one of the worst players in our history?[/quote]

Erm? did you see the other candidates last season.............and he came third![:D]

[/quote]Indeed.  And ahead of Jamie Lad.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="yarmy"]

[/quote]

Or perhaps, seeing as he won the Barry Butler trophy in 2005-6 and came 3rd last season, can someone explain to me why they think he is one of the worst players in our history?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed.  And ahead of Jamie Lad.
[/quote]

Lets be Honest here, How can you or I be sure the vote is not fixed in the first place, perhaps the club gave it to him out of Sympathy, Dion got it when he left, did you vote for Dion , I went for Hux, the whole thing could be fixed, just like the Facebook thing that gave Gunny the job, or so they say.   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="yarmy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed.  And ahead of Jamie Lad.
[/quote]

Lets be Honest here, How can you or I be sure the vote is not fixed in the first place, perhaps the club gave it to him out of Sympathy, Dion got it when he left, did you vote for Dion , I went for Hux, the whole thing could be fixed, just like the Facebook thing that gave Gunny the job, or so they say.   

[/quote]

So there you have it. The illustrious Barry Butler memorial Trophy is all a fix ''cause The Doc won it[:O]

So Hugh Curran, Ken Foggo, Duncan Forbes, Dave Stringer, Kevin Keelan, Colin Suggett, Martin Peters, Dave Watson, Chris Woods, Steve Bruce, Kevin Drinkell, Bryan Gunn, Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie, Iwan Roberts, Gary Holt, Darren Huckerby and Dion Dublin. You never actually were the fans favourites! It was all a fix, a sham, a cruel hoax because the real winners were: Alan Black, Charlie Crickmore, Ken Mallender, Macolm Darling, Peter Vasper, Viv Busby, Steve Walford, Willie Young, John Devine, Kenny Brown, Dean Coney, Daryl Sutch, Adrian Coote, Clint Easton, Simon Charlton and Jamie Cureton.

There, that''s much better and fits our opinion of the Doc to a T. All''s right in the world once more.[S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="yarmy"]

[/quote]Or perhaps, seeing as he won the Barry Butler trophy in 2005-6 and came 3rd last season, can someone explain to me why they think he is one of the worst players in our history?[/quote]

[/quote]Indeed.  And ahead of Jamie Lad.[/quote]

[/quote]

So there you have it. The illustrious Barry Butler memorial Trophy is all a fix ''cause The Doc won it[:O]

So Hugh Curran, Ken Foggo, Duncan Forbes, Dave Stringer, Kevin Keelan, Colin Suggett, Martin Peters, Dave Watson, Chris Woods, Steve Bruce, Kevin Drinkell, Bryan Gunn, Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie, Iwan Roberts, Gary Holt, Darren Huckerby and Dion Dublin. You never actually were the fans favourites! It was all a fix, a sham, a cruel hoax because the real winners were: Alan Black, Charlie Crickmore, Ken Mallender, Macolm Darling, Peter Vasper, Viv Busby, Steve Walford, Willie Young, John Devine, Kenny Brown, Dean Coney, Daryl Sutch, Adrian Coote, Clint Easton, Simon Charlton and Jamie Cureton.

There, that''s much better and fits our opinion of the Doc to a T. All''s right in the world once more.[S]

[/quote]I''m glad you came up with a witty and eloquent reply to this, because I was going to stick to calling "Pete_norw," if that is his real name, an idiot.